News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite dinosaur scene?

Started by Stegoraptor Rex, May 28, 2013, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegoraptor Rex

Hi this is stegoraptor!  :), and im wondering What's your favorite dinosaur scene in film history? My personal fav is Jurassic park's raptors in the kitchen, that scared me so much when I first saw it!  ^-^

Gwangi

So many to choose from. Many in the JP series of course. In particular the Brachiosaurus intro in the original JP as well as the Gallimimus stampede and when the rex firsts breaks out and roars. In "The Lost World" there is that scene at the very end with the Stegosaurus walking past the rex family, I really like that one. For older movies I love the scene where King Kong fights the Tyrannosaurus in the original "King Kong" movie. I also really like the scene in "One Million Years B.C." where the Ceratosaurus fights the Triceratops. But overall I think my favorite cinematic dinosaur scene would have to be the stop motion film "Prehistoric Beast" by Phil Tippet.

amargasaurus cazaui

(Gasp) Gwangi...not even a nod to your namesake the Gwangi? Fair enough then, I choose the dinosaur scenes inside the valley, in the movie "Valley of the Gwangi" and my second choice would be the sauropod stampede in the modern rendition of "King Kong".
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2013, 04:14:15 AM
(Gasp) Gwangi...not even a nod to your namesake the Gwangi? Fair enough then, I choose the dinosaur scenes inside the valley, in the movie "Valley of the Gwangi" and my second choice would be the sauropod stampede in the modern rendition of "King Kong".

I know right! I thought about it but none of the Gwangi scenes sprang to mind like the ones I picked. I still love the movie though. Honestly I think it would be a good candidate for a reboot.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on May 28, 2013, 11:25:08 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 28, 2013, 04:14:15 AM

I know right! I thought about it but none of the Gwangi scenes sprang to mind like the ones I picked. I still love the movie though. Honestly I think it would be a good candidate for a reboot.
Oh I could not agree more. The movie would be a solid canidate for a reboot for certain. Especially if they keep to the original movie storyline and some of the more magical moments from the original, like the little display box with the Eohippus for instance, or when the Gwangi is cornered in the church.
  On a side note and completely seperate from the threads original question, another movie I keep expecting to see redone is " Creature from the Black Lagoon" .  When you consider how that movie could be updated and redone wow...shocked noone has ever tried.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

It is my understanding that a "Creature from the Black Lagoon" remake is actually in the works.

Stegoraptor Rex

My least favorite Dino scene is in The Lost world: Jurassic park when kelly Malcolm kicks a raptor through the window, I mean how does the little girl get to be the only one to kill a dinosaur?  >:(

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on May 28, 2013, 11:46:47 PM
My least favorite Dino scene is in The Lost world: Jurassic park when kelly Malcolm kicks a raptor through the window, I mean how does the little girl get to be the only one to kill a dinosaur?  >:(

I hated that scene too, and the character for that matter.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on May 29, 2013, 04:25:43 AM
Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on May 28, 2013, 11:46:47 PM

I hated that scene too, and the character for that matter.
Why? She didn't seem particularly more irritating than the kids in JP1 (but then again I find most children irritating)

My favourite dinosaur scene is the museum scene in JP1, I also liked the scene with the trailers hanging off the edges of the cliffs, for some reason (I remember seeing that part a lot as a kid, and for some reason it stuck in my brain) I have only seen JP3 once, and I have no favourite scenes from that film.

DinoToyForum

OK, for me it has to be the Plesiosaurus scene from "The Land That Time Forgot" ;D

Cheesy as hell, and the eat it in the end, but still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXWI6a6HyHM

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 29, 2013, 09:18:25 AM
Why? She didn't seem particularly more irritating than the kids in JP1 (but then again I find most children irritating)

Child actors typically irritate me.  Honestly the ones in JP1 don't bother me though. Lex and Tim were convincing characters. The girl that played Kelly was just a bad actress and most of her dialogue annoyed me. Actually there were only a couple people in TLW I could tolerate at all. I hated Sara and Nick-Van Owen. About the only likeable people were Malcome, Eddie Carr and Roland IMO.

Admin. I love "The Land That Time Forgot"...probably another that could make a good remake. The special effects while not up to stop motion standards weren't bad for puppets. They were at least good for a chuckle. I didn't like "The People That Time Forgot" though.

Patrx

After careful consideration, I've decided ... to go with "raptors in the kitchen" from JP1. Really, everything from there up to the point where the rex does her big dramatic roar in the Visitors' Center.
I also enjoy the scene from TLW with the rex's Godzilla impersonation in San Diego - but it's quite poorly done, story-wise.

A "Gwangi" remake could be a lot of fun :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Patrx on May 29, 2013, 07:00:50 PM
After careful consideration, I've decided ... to go with "raptors in the kitchen" from JP1. Really, everything from there up to the point where the rex does her big dramatic roar in the Visitors' Center.
I also enjoy the scene from TLW with the rex's Godzilla impersonation in San Diego - but it's quite poorly done, story-wise.

A "Gwangi" remake could be a lot of fun :)

I always wonder about that scene in the movie and how it might be considered if it is ever determined that dinosaurs were not warm blooded. Almost the entire scene is an underlining of the idea the dinosaurs in it were warm blooded. ( visual cues, like the window being frosted over with the raptors breathe, the way the raptors sniffed the room rather than using their tongues to scent as most reptiles would, etc)If it is ever demonstrated that is not accurate, like so much of the movie, it would become highly inaccurate. So much about the movie then would be considered laughable.(brachiosaurus sneezing, for instance)

DinoToyForum

DinoLord

My favorite is the ending scene in Jurassic Park when the T. rex saves the humans from the raptors.

Brontozaurus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

Quite possibly the most amazing dinosaur scene in cinema history.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

RubyR

My favorite dinosaur scene is in Jurassic Park.

Gwangi

Quote from: RubyR on June 11, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
My favorite dinosaur scene is in Jurassic Park.

oh wait, let me guess...it must be this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlOx9738iyw

Justin_

Are scenes from TV documentaries counted here, and can we have more than one? My favourites have to be:

1: The dasplatosaurus group attacking the centrosaurus herd in the storm, and the river crossing, from Planet Dinosaur.
2: The allosauruses  hunting the diplodocus herd crossing the salt flats in The Ballad Of Big Al.
3: Gwangi's first appearance in Valley Of Gwangi ... apparently the T Rex leaping out of the trees onto the gallimimus in JP was a tribute to this scene.

Stegoraptor Rex

Yes documentaries are counted :) another favorite of mine is the plesiosaur scene from carnival of monsters (doctor who)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: