News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Toy Dinosaur Film & TV Cameos

Started by Invicta Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2013, 01:42:53 AM
I can change the title if you want.

It's up to you, but I don't want to make you feel like we hijacked your thread. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

What would be a good new name ?

Dinosaur Toy Appearances in Film ?

Roselaar

That covers it, but it's not very catchy. How about the Dinosaur Toy Film Cameo thread?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Invicta Hunter

I changed the name a little bit more because we were also talking about TV serise as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That works. Whatever you guys want we're good. :)

Dan

Great finds, guys. Should I be making another one of these?

http://youtu.be/eqLoElLnQ0s

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on December 05, 2013, 04:47:57 PM

You just might need an updated one Dan ! lol

Roselaar

Quote from: Dan on December 05, 2013, 04:47:57 PM

By all means! ;)

I recently spotted a very sneaky cameo of a Lost World Series Pachycephalosaurus in the Dutch movie Borgman. No pictures available alas.

Invicta Hunter

I was watching an old episode of QI today and found this.

Doug Watson

I don't have any images but back on March 11,  I was watching Face Off, a make-up competition show produced by SyFy (Space up here in Canada). On this particular episode they had to create a character that could have been created by a mad scientist and in the opening the producers had decorated the set like a lab with supposed specimens in jars of alcohol. One of the jars contained the coelacanth I sculpted for Safari Ltd. You only see it for a few seconds but first you see it with a few other specimens and then they go in for a close up of just the coelacanth. I know it's not a dinosaur and really didn't make sense in a small jar but I thought it was cool anyway.
It is episode 609, season 6, "Mad Science". They used to have the episodes on the website but I can't find it anymore. If you can find it you can see the coelacanth at 2:58 and 2:59 from the beginning of the episode. You have to be fast and use the pause button. Even if I found it I don't know how to do a screen grab. Doug

Roselaar

That must have been fun to see as its designer. :)

I recently noticed some Invictasaurs in The IT Crowd, but I think they're there for very episode so they're probably old news.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Roselaar on May 14, 2014, 04:29:19 PM
That must have been fun to see as its designer. :)

I recently noticed some Invictasaurs in The IT Crowd, but I think they're there for very episode so they're probably old news.

Yes, being a fan of the show I was pretty geeked and shared it with the people at Safari Ltd and my family before they removed the link.

On The IT Crowd, you are right! I spotted the Invicta Mamenchisaurus on the shelving in the back of the room. Hilarious show by the way.

tyrantqueen

QuoteEven if I found it I don't know how to do a screen grab. Doug
Just press the print screen button on your keyboard.

It will save the image to your clipboard. Then paste the image into an image editor such as Paint and then save. Simple.

Roselaar

Here's a picture of the IT Crowd's Invictasaurs, courtesy of Doug:

The Mamenchisaurus is obvious, but the Baryonyx might have been noticed by less people.

Doug Watson

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 14, 2014, 06:21:07 PM
QuoteEven if I found it I don't know how to do a screen grab. Doug
Just press the print screen button on your keyboard.

It will save the image to your clipboard. Then paste the image into an image editor such as Paint and then save. Simple.

Thanks, unfortunately the episode is no longer available up here online. If I was in the States it is available on the SyFy web site but the video is blocked to me.

Takama

In some scenes in Godzilla 2014. There are dinosaur toys.   Most are chinasaurs. But I managed to spot a shelich world of history apatoesaurus.     

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2014, 05:45:35 PM
In some scenes in Godzilla 2014. There are dinosaur toys.   Most are chinasaurs. But I managed to spot a shelich world of history apatoesaurus.   

That's a pretty new figure, interesting to see it in a movie so quickly by comparison.

Takama

I am now watching lake placid 3. On Syfy.  and one of the scenes features a kid playing with a bullyland allosaurus and red dilophosaurus.       

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: