News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

That Olorititan is a beauty!

RobinGoodfellow

The Olorotitan by Manuel Bejarano is gorgeous !!  8)

Daspletotyrannus

Your Gryposaurus looks like it has a nicer blue then mine. I wonder if it is the lighting? Where did get the Olorotitan? And where do you get the human? I really need one.  Lol

CityRaptor

The human came with the Replica Saurus figures by Schleich.

I think these 5 are all nice. ( Only have the Cory ) And the PNSO ones, too.

The Chunkingosaurus has an interesting expression in combination with the pose. It's like it either stepped into something disgusting or saw something small it does not like. Or maybe it is just a bit arrogant.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 16, 2016, 09:25:20 PM
Your Gryposaurus looks like it has a nicer blue then mine. I wonder if it is the lighting? Where did get the Olorotitan? And where do you get the human? I really need one.  Lol

The blue in the Gryposaurus' solo pic is influenced by the sun and the sand-coloured background.
Its colour hue in the group picture with the white background pretty much matches with the original.

Manuel Bejarano's 1:40 Olorotitan can be ordered from Shapeways. It's also available in 1:72.

And yes, the Schleich man comes with a lot of their Dinosaurs. I thought everybody knew him :).

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 16, 2016, 09:37:09 PM
The Chunkingosaurus has an interesting expression in comparism with the pose. It's like it either stepped into something disgusting or saw something small in front of it does not like. .......

An early petite mammal is my guess :).

CityRaptor

Checking the Dashanpu Formation fossil record, I think a Tritylodontid is more likely:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritylodontidae
But then again, those were pretty close in appearence to petite early mammals and would probably cause the same reaction.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Daspletotyrannus

Hmm must be that the only schleich dinosaurs I've seen in stores don't have humans with them. Is that Corythosaurus the first run of production?  I believe that I have the second one (version 2). Mine don't have the white next to the mouth.

Takama

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 16, 2016, 11:55:09 PM
Hmm must be that the only schleich dinosaurs I've seen in stores don't have humans with them. Is that Corythosaurus the first run of production?  I believe that I have the second one (version 2). Mine don't have the white next to the mouth.

ALL schleich dinosaurs from the Replica Saurus line are long out of production and have been replaced with what you likely see in the stores (which are  most likly the World of History Models). The Replicasaurus models were a lot larger then todays Schelich models, and lacked articulated jaws.

The Whole Replicasaurus line can be seen here
http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Schleich_Replica_Saurus_1:40

postsaurischian

:)   5 ankylosauria figures in 1:35 by 5 different sculptors:
         (... o.k., the Minmi is too big for that, but I cannot find an appropriately sized one)

Euoplocephalus ~ Galileo Hernandez, 2014

Ankylosaurus ~ Forest Rogers, 2005

Minmi ~ CollectA Team (??), 2010

Edmontonia ~ Dan LoRusso, 1996

Sauropelta ~ Doug Watson, 2015

Jose S.M.

Great selection of ankylosaurs, I want the Edmontonia so bad  I saw one at a fair price on eBay like half year ago and I missed it.

postsaurischian

:)   5 ceratopsia figures in 1:35 by 5 different sculptors:

Styracosaurus ~ Jonathan Rader, 2009 (?)

Pachyrhinosaurus ~ Aaron Doyle, 2013

Protoceratops ~ Seiji Yamamoto, 2004

Triceratops ~ Gregory Wenzel, 1994 (?)

Pentaceratops ~ Manuel Bejarano, 2013

Centrosaur86

I'm jealous of your ceratopsia models.. absolutely beautiful!

Jose S.M.

I'm jealous too hahaha the last posts with the hadrosaurs and ceratopsians are gorgeous.

RobinGoodfellow

...well, to be honest I deeply admire ALL the Postsaurischian Collection.. it's one of the best on this forum.  8)

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comments :)!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^ SEGA Prize Vignetteum vol.2  Saichania (originally sculpted by Shinzen Takeuchi)

DinoLord

I never realized how attractive those SEGA figures are. I'm used to seeing them as blurry thumbnails on various auction sites.

Dilopho

Turtle: "Woah man! Is that you Susan?! I told you to get off the steroids!"

postsaurischian

^-^  Yujin Henkelotherium
                                     I always wanted this figure and have been watching it many times on several auction sites.
                                    But either it was too expensive or it was the figure from the Miracle Planet set, which doesn't
                                have the beautiful branch-with-leaves base. Lately I've found one coincidentally at Clawmark Toys.

Early petite mammal meeting with WWD 3D Alphadon:

Jose S.M.

I'm glad you finally got it! It looks really good and it's cute too. The base is great.

Flaffy

Nice photos  ;D
I've been searching for one as well.
Wish me luck  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: