News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Great figure (and great pictures) as usual..  8)

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments!
        I know it's only April now, but I'm pretty sure that Muxi's Diabloceratops will be among my personal top ten 2017 releases.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^  Taiwanese resin museum model ~ Nothosaurus (unknown manufacturer)

I only have two Nothosaurus models, the tiny blue one is from Safari's Prehistoric Sealife Toob.

Ravonium

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 15, 2017, 05:13:49 PM

Great, highly detailed model of a severely underrepresented species. You've got yourself a true gem by acquiring this work of art.

Fenestra

That little toob figure sure has lots of detail for such a small model.

UK

I know it's only April now, but I'm pretty sure that Muxi's Diabloceratps will be among my personal top ten 2017 releases.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gorgeous little fellow. Where can I grab one too please?

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I know it's only April now, but I'm pretty sure that Muxi's Diabloceratps will be among my personal top ten 2017 releases.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is it really balancing on its front 2 legs?

Ravonium

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 15, 2017, 11:41:16 PM

I only have two Nothosaurus models, the tiny blue one is from Safari's Prehistoric Sealife Toob.

It's probably got its back legs and tail against something, allowing it to 'balance' on its 2 front legs.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you all for the comments!
But the quotation is a bit excessive. You have to scroll down through my post 5 times in a row now to go on.
It would be very nice if you 4 people could delete the quotes or just the pics. Thanks :-[.

Quote from: UK on April 15, 2017, 09:34:11 PM
Gorgeous little fellow. Where can I grab one too please?

I bought the Nothosaurus together with an Anhanguera in 2011 from a Taiwanese eBay seller. I should have bought more. He had a few other rare species to offer. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me who the maker of these models was, so I have no clue. I'm afraid they are very hard to find now.

;D No it isn't. To lift its tail I used an acrylic rod, which I erased in the pic afterwards.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Ravonium on April 16, 2017, 08:39:57 AM

It's probably got its back legs and tail against something, allowing it to 'balance' on its 2 front legs.
There is an eagle toy that can balance on one point. Maybe this Nothosaurus has the same science.

RobinGoodfellow

Postsaurischian asked NOT to quote including ALL the pictures.
I totally agree with him (it's really annoying):

It's also in DTF Rules N.8

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

Thanks
:)

Ravonium

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 16, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

There is an eagle toy that can balance on one point. Maybe this Nothosaurus has the same science.

postsaurischian already explained that the tail was originally on an acrylic rod. Not only that, but he said it before you posted this. Apologies if I sound a bit aggressive but I just want to point this out.

Here is what he said:

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 16, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

;D No it isn't. To lift its tail I used an acrylic rod, which I erased in the pic afterwards.

Flaffy

There should be a few places in China and Taiwan that sells these high quality models, they have an entire series of sea reptiles. They are hard to obtain outside of China and Taiwan.
The maker of these models remains unknown to me, but I do know where you might bump into one or two of these.
The Shanghai Natural History Museum
In a few Eslite Bookstore in Taiwan
Places called 石尚自然探索屋 / 石尚科教商場, also in Taiwan.

Hope this helps

postsaurischian

:)  Protocasts 1:40 models by Clayton Hildebrand (Kayakasaurus)

1. Irritator

A comparison pic with the Invicta Baryonyx instantly came to mind:

2. Hylaeosaurus

My small Protocasts collection so far (base is from the Tamiya Parasaurolophus diorama set):

Zhuchengotyrant

Are the Protocasts fragile? They look amazing (kudos to Kayakasaurus), but I don't collect fragile dinosaurs, I would really want to know what material they are.
-Zhuchengotyrant

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 19, 2017, 03:01:20 AM
Are the Protocasts fragile? They look amazing (kudos to Kayakasaurus), but I don't collect fragile dinosaurs, I would really want to know what material they are.

..obviously resin..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157680183290612

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 19, 2017, 08:54:16 AM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 19, 2017, 03:01:20 AM

..obviously resin..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157680183290612
Thanks
-Zhuchengotyrant

postsaurischian

^-^  Lu Feng Shan ~ 1:20 Zhanghenglong  (built up & painted by Martin Garratt)

Lanthanotus

Lovely :), that a resin kit?

postsaurischian

RobinGoodfellow

Extremely beautiful  8)
On your thread there's always the best..  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: