News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Great figure! I like it's eyes,they look very... alive

ceratopsian

Lovely model and lovely paint scheme. Jose_S.M. is right - the eyes make it look really alive.

Mamasaurus

So many beautiful additions since I last stopped by.  The nothosaurs is particularly stunning, and your photo really makes it look alive. :)
I also really love how lifelike the amphibians and sea scorpiony predator were (sorry, forgot what it's called.)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

postsaurischian

:D Thank you all for the comments!
       I love the Zhanghenglong. It's my first model by Lu Feng Shan and I'm thinking about which will be my next :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^  Dinostar Tapejara

Tapejara trio (from left to right):   Wild Safari, Kaiyodo Dinotales No.69, Dinostar

Shonisaurus

I am waiting for mine and waiting for it to clear customs. Thanks for the photographs it looks beautiful of itself and immense although the dimensions were of 25 x 25 centimeters more or less will be the size that the guidraco.

For my part I have already commissioned the psittacosaurus from the same collection and is also on the waiting list for me to reach my nation.

Halichoeres

Wow, it's huge! The legs look better in this view than in the stock photos.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

I feel like it should be sitting on a golden throne!  ;D

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinotales ~ the sauropods

No.27 Brachiosaurus

No.28 Brachiosaurus skeleton, No.27 Brachiosaurus, Dinometal Chocolate Brachiosaurus

No.71 Apatosaurus

No.111a Camarasaurus skeleton

No.110b Camarasaurus, No.111a Camarasaurus skeleton

Dino Expo 2002 SP07 Seismosaurus skeleton

Dino Expo 2002 SP07 Seismosaurus skeleton, Dino Expo 2002 SP06 Seismosaurus

Mamasaurus

Beautiful sauropods...and that brachiosaurus is especially appealing for me. I love the markings :)

Jose S.M.

The paint squeme of that Brachiosaurus is very unique and well executed, looks gorgeus to me.

postsaurischian

:)  Wild Safari Coelophysis (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

"the Good Luck Mini Blue Morpho is interesting"

Libraraptor

Beautiful as always! Thumbs up!

Mamasaurus

I love all the beautiful figures you post on here, but since most are out of my reach, I am happy to admire them from afar.

I always enjoy seeing Doug Watson's wonderful work featured here.  Those are figures I can collect little by little, so it's always exciting to see them here. The production pictures never look as good.  Thank you for sharing! :)

Reptilia

Did you build that base yourself? It really enhances the figure. And those butterflies are such a brilliant touch, all elements seem to fit together perfectly, fantastic picture.

LeapingLaelaps

You have such an amazing collection!

And now I've discovered even more beautiful models to add to my wish list
Might as well just have people stop paying me and have them pay Shapeways (or at least the 5 maker's I want models from) directly ::)

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 27, 2017, 12:30:42 PM

Wild Safari Coelophysis (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

What a perfect base for a lovely sculpt.

postsaurischian

:D Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Reptilia on May 31, 2017, 11:05:37 PM
Did you build that base yourself?

No, that's the work of the great Martin Garratt. He originally made it for my Dinosaur Studio Triceratops.

postsaurischian

:)  Papo Cryolophosaurus

Measured along the spine it is 22 cm long. Given Cryolophosaurus a length of 6 m, the figure is a bit larger than 1:30.

Next to Safari's Carnegie version:

Reptilia

Ok, this is amazing. Looks just as good as the prototype, it is potentially my new favourite Papo figure. Where did you get it?

hao_bao

Quote from: Reptilia on June 15, 2017, 12:16:05 AM
Ok, this is amazing. Looks just as good as the prototype, it is potentially my new favourite Papo figure. Where did you get it?

It's one of my worst so far, the pose is extremely offputting and unnatural. I plan to hide most of its body in foliage and just have the head poking out.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: