News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D

Eofauna Scientific Research 1:35 Palaeoloxodon antiquus - Straight-Tusked Elephant
                                                      based on Neumark-Nord material (152-E9 / 175-E23A / 175-E23B)

~ • ~

next to EOfauna's Steppe Mammoth and a 1:35 human scale figure:

with Kaiyodo Dinotales No.85 Palaeoloxodon naumanni & No.86 Palaeoloxodon naumanni skull:

Shonisaurus

Undoubtedly is one of the best figures of prehistoric animals this year. As far as I'm concerned, it's going to be one of the figures that voted as one of the top ten in 2018.

I have it on my shelves and the level of detail is impressive. I congratulate you Postsaurischan for your new acquisition.

postsaurischian

:)  Safari Carnegie Collection Caudipteryx
                                                                            originally sculpted by Forest Rogers

I still think Forest Rogers is a wonderful paleo sculptor.
          Some of her models (such as Miragaia, Carnotaurus, Spinosaurus, Tylosaurus or Caudipteryx) are among my favourite Safari figures.
             I'd love to see new up-to-date Dinosaur figures by her, but I'm afraid she is not into making prehistoric creatures anymore.

ceratopsian

That was the very first model I bought back in 16th July 2015, when I embarked on this new hobby.  I bought him just as a test to see what he looked like in the hand and what sort of things were available.  But he was quickly joined by other models! I'm still very fond of him. He looks particularly good on your base.

Shonisaurus

That Carnegie caudipteryx is one of my favorite models along with the beipiasaurus, microraptor and dilong. I have a very positive memory of all those figures. About the caudipteryx I like especially your texture, details and colors in the style of a tropical bird.

It is a very well accomplished dinosaur.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Vitae Zhejiangosaurus
                                                               ~ •    originally sculpted by Cheung Chung Tat    • ~

~ • ~

compared to Wild Safari's Sauropelta by Doug Watson:

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian  by Zhejiangosaurus, you have received it very soon I bought a monsterhouse Zhejiangosaurus, zhejiangopterus, sinraptor and Vitae chilantaisaurus.

I did not think Vitae's zhejiangosaurus was that big, it's even more bulky though smaller than its Sauropelta counterpart in Safari. I congratulate you on that luxury acquisition. Thanks for posting those photos are beautiful and awesome.

postsaurischian

Thanks Shoni! I only ordered two, here's the second one .......

^-^

Vitae Chilantaisaurus

~ • ~

next to the Zhejiangosaurus:

~ • ~

compared to Wild Safari's Allosaurus:

A.Garcia

Excellent photos, as always! It is remarkable to see a mass-produced Palaeoloxodon like this one... and so recently preceded by a steppe mammoth and mastodon. :)

The Vitae figures appear to be masterpieces. I really like the poses, which are "neutral" but still have a strong sense of motion. Does the Chilantaisaurus have good stability? If all the Chilantaisaurus figures consistently stand on just a foot and a toe, that is a real accomplishment.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: A.Garcia on July 25, 2018, 12:12:51 AM
Excellent photos, as always! It is remarkable to see a mass-produced Palaeoloxodon like this one... and so recently preceded by a steppe mammoth and mastodon. :)

The Vitae figures appear to be masterpieces. I really like the poses, which are "neutral" but still have a strong sense of motion. Does the Chilantaisaurus have good stability? If all the Chilantaisaurus figures consistently stand on just a foot and a toe, that is a real accomplishment.

I totally agree. If the chilantaisaurus is kept correctly standing in that difficult posture in a bipedal way and without the need of a base, it is an extraordinary achievement on the part of this awesome company.

On the other hand the chilantaisaurus although it is the one that has less monochrome and conservative colors on the part of Vitae is a work of art, a masterpiece and a very cool and very nice dinosaur.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. Postschaurischian

postsaurischian

Quote from: A.Garcia on July 25, 2018, 12:12:51 AM
....... Does the Chilantaisaurus have good stability? .......

My Chilantaisaurus can stand just as shown in the pictures.
But you should take care that it's not standing in a windy place, because that would make it fall down.
So it does not have really good stability.

Renecito

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 22, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

:)  Safari Carnegie Collection Caudipteryx
                                                                            originally sculpted by Forest Rogers

I still think Forest Rogers is a wonderful paleo sculptor.
          Some of her models (such as Miragaia, Carnotaurus, Spinosaurus, Tylosaurus or Caudipteryx) are among my favourite Safari figures.
             I'd love to see new up-to-date Dinosaur figures by her, but I'm afraid she is not into making prehistoric creatures anymore.

First of all: You have a jaw-dropping collection!!!
And secondly: I totally agree with you about Forest Rogers, I simply love all her Carnegie's figures!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Dyscrasia

As always, impressive collection and great photos!

Roselaar

Excellent new addtions!

Have Chilantaisaurus and Zhejiangosaurus ever been done by other companies? I don't recall....

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Roselaar on August 05, 2018, 08:37:20 PM
Have Chilantaisaurus and Zhejiangosaurus ever been done by other companies?

Not that I am aware of.

^-^

Vitae Wuerhosaurus

with PNSO mini No.16   

with stegosaurids from other toy companies:

CollectA Kentrosaurus    CollectA Gigantspinosaurus    Vitae Wuerhosaurus    Wild Safari Stegosaurus

ceratopsian

I especially admire the head shot of the Vitae Wuerhosaurus.  It looks like the portrait of a living animal - cautiously curious.

BrontoScorpio

I would have expected here also the kaiyodo dinotales series 7 huayangosaurus :

Gwangi

I'm surprised by the shoulder spikes on that Wuerhosaurus, first time I think I've seen it reconstructed with them.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 16, 2018, 07:32:21 PM
I especially admire the head shot of the Vitae Wuerhosaurus.  It looks like the portrait of a living animal - cautiously curious.

Thank you :)! On the Wuerhosaurus the plain black eyes work pretty well.

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 16, 2018, 08:06:25 PM
I would have expected here also the kaiyodo dinotales series 7 huayangosaurus :

The four stegosaurids above are more or less in the same scale. The Dinotales Huayangosaurus would have been too small.
  Mine is here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg154001#msg154001

Quote from: Gwangi on August 16, 2018, 09:31:40 PM
I'm surprised by the shoulder spikes on that Wuerhosaurus, first time I think I've seen it reconstructed with them.

Neither are they mentioned in Paul's Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs nor in Glut's Dinosaurs Encyclopedia (my two main sources for Dinosaur facts),
  but maybe Chinese scientists found something new :-\ .

postsaurischian

:o ^-^
                                                                               (my first and only JW toy figure)

TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S. Jurassic World Mosasaurus   

Mini Mosasaurs
                                                                                                  (clockwise)
                   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ The Cretaceous Period Mosasaurus hoffmanni  •  Kaiyodo Dinotales No.64 Tylosaurus
                            Safari Prehistoric Sealife toob Tylosaurus  •  TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S. Jurassic World Mosasaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: