News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Thanks for the pictures.
I realy thought it was huge.

I must be confused with all the different edditions.

I think I like the litle fella, which one is it ? :

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 18, 2018, 03:21:18 PM
....... I think I like the litle fella, which one is it ? :

He, he :), it's this one:

Roselaar

That's a very nice Mosasaurus! Shiny as well. :)

Nimravus

I am not especially fond of JW toys, but this Mosasaurus doesn't look bad! Thanks for sharing! Your thread is a guide of collecting beautiful dinosaurs with magnificent photos!

ceratopsian

That's a beautifully arranged display of mini-Mosasaurs.  How well the rock with the arch suits them.  This gives me an idea for my shelves where my small group of marine animals live!

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all very much for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

the last paint variant of Kaiyodo / Furuta - Animatales series 4, secret figure came in
                                                          ~ •    Kitadaniryu (Fukuiraptor kitadaniensis)    • ~

~   the quartet is complete now   ~

the variant in black with gray/pink accents and white neck is the secret figure of Kaiyodo / Takara - Animatales series 6

~   casting eight eyes at Animatales No.227 - Japanese paradise flycatcher (♂)   ~

Bokisaurus

Very nice, can't believe that that figure has that many repaint!

BrontoScorpio

It's such a magnificent tiny piece of work -

was my favorite dino figure for quite a while.

I envy you  postsaurischian  for your picture taking abilities -

The scenary installment and the sheer technical quality of the picture :

When I tried it - it looked much worse - Even though I had 8 ( Eight ! ) figures to work with :

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you for your beautiful fukuiraptor sincerely I also like the figures with several versions of paint.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 30, 2018, 06:58:39 PM
Very nice, can't believe that that figure has that many repaint!

Four paint variants, just as with Siamotyrannus and Seismosaurus ;) .

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 30, 2018, 09:22:06 PM
I envy you  postsaurischian  for your picture taking abilities -
The scenary installment and the sheer technical quality of the picture.
When I tried it - it looked much worse - Even though I had 8 ( Eight ! ) figures to work with .......

I guess The main difference is that you probably didn't spend as much time on the photo.
   I don't do this in five minutes :) .

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 31, 2018, 11:54:00 AM
I congratulate you for your beautiful fukuiraptor sincerely I also like the figures with several versions of paint.

Actually it's contrary to my collecting rule ;D . I usually make out which colour variant I like best and stick with that one.
   In some cases however I'm making an exception.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Vitae Zhejiangopterus
                                                               ~ •    originally sculpted by Cheung Chung Tat    • ~

-  original size  -

!  RAAAHHH  !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~  the Japanese Flying fish is from Colorata's Salt Water Fish box  ~

•  with Wild Safari Pterosaur (Anhanguera?) and Quetzalcoatlus  •
                            - - This image has been resized. Click it to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x1066. - -

~ • ~

Shonisaurus

Vitae Zhejiangopterus is one of the five Vitae figures from my weakest point of view in the group. The size is quite small, as are the rest of the five dinosaurs Vitae with the difference that the Zhejiangopterus is the least voluminous. Anyway postsaurischian is a worthy figure to have in our collections, although I sincerely prefer other replicas of pterosaurus from other brands.

The figure is pretty but has a fairly small size from my honest point of view.

Lanthanotus

Great pics and nice diorama setups :)

A question on that Zhejiangopterus... I considered buying it myself, but was under the impression (from the photos seen on MHK and aliexpress) that the eyes would just been painted on, with no sculpt behind, so the head being rather plain and poor in detailing. Is that true, or does the nice paint job just conceal the sculpt?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 01, 2018, 06:03:12 PM
Great pics and nice diorama setups :)

A question on that Zhejiangopterus... I considered buying it myself, but was under the impression (from the photos seen on MHK and aliexpress) that the eyes would just been painted on, with no sculpt behind, so the head being rather plain and poor in detailing. Is that true, or does the nice paint job just conceal the sculpt?

I tell you I have this figure the sculpture is not a big thing is a small figure the back of the Zhejiangopterus has hair filaments, their claws are correct both those of the wings and those of the legs and the eye of said toy creature exists although it is almost imperceptible if you do not notice well, but I have to affirm that eyes have, the tongue and the beak are detailed, although you can not see the ears or the nostrils at all.

The positive is that it is a very cheap figure in the Monsterhouse store and that being small and being a flying pterosaur does not take up almost space.

I hope that resolves your doubts.

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •    Favorite Baryonyx walkeri (designed by Kazunari Araki)    • ~
                                                                 exclusive for the Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum
                                                                                 with thanks to Brett & Emiko

Measured along the spine the figure is 25 cm long. Giving Baryonyx a length of 750 cm, it's in 1:30.
                                   Unfortunately I don't have a human scale figure in this scale. My closest is in 1:35.

My first Baryonyx figure since the Invicta version   

DinoToyForum

What an utterly wonderful figure. I like the comparison shot, Baryonyx then and now.

acro-man

Praise you!
What a beautiful piece!

While I am dying for a Fukui Baryonyx, I finally decided to give it up, unfortunately.
Firstly my budget is tight.
Secondly, I suddenly realized I have an Irritator by artist Rhino, cousin of Baryonyx, which sits in the forsaken corner of my shelf and has always been overlooked.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5892845285?red_tag=1200306352
Think this is enough for a makeshift Baryonyx anyway.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Shonisaurus

Sincerely this year Favorite has made two very beautiful theropods that compete in elegance and genius with the spinosaurus of Favorite last year.

By the way I see that some baryonyx are kept standing without a base. Unfortunately for me mine does not have those advantages, another thing is the neovenator that remains without any problem without a base.

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 27, 2018, 12:02:34 AM
What an utterly wonderful figure. I like the comparison shot, Baryonyx then and now.

It indeed is, my favourite Favorite Araki theropod :) . The Invicta figures are timeless beauties.

Quote from: acro-man on September 27, 2018, 03:52:59 AM
While I am dying for a Fukui Baryonyx, I finally decided to give it up, unfortunately.
Firstly my budget is tight.
Secondly, I suddenly realized I have an Irritator by artist Rhino, cousin of Baryonyx, which sits in the forsaken corner of my shelf and has always been overlooked.

All these wonderful and completely unknown (to me) Chinese Dinosaur sculpts are confusing me ;D .

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
By the way I see that some baryonyx are kept standing without a base. Unfortunately for me mine does not have those advantages, another thing is the neovenator that remains without any problem without a base.

In my case it's vice versa :) . The Baryonyx is standing without a problem, the Neovenator needs the base.

postsaurischian

^-^

a second and third paint variant of Kaiyodo Dinotales series 1, secret figure came in
                                                                              ~ •    Siamotyrannus    • ~
                                                                     (originally sculpted by Shinobu Matsumura)
                                I don't think I'm going to get the fourth colour variant, I haven't seen it for a reasonable price yet.

stalking a juvenile Favorite Dinosaur Mini Model Ankylosaurus by Kazunari Araki   

postsaurischian

^-^

Favorite, Dinosaur Mini Model - Fukui Dinosaur Series
                                                                         (originally sculpted by Kazunari Araki)
                                                                                                ~ • ~
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fukuiraptor kitadaniensis

Fukuiaurus tetoriensis

Fukuititan nipponensis

Koshisaurus katsuyama

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fukuisaurus & Fukuiraptor are in about 1:50 (maybe a bit smaller)

while Koshisaurus is in 1:40

and the Fukuititan .... I have no idea ???

~ • ~

Fukuisaurus & Fukuiraptor next to Favorite's 1:20 figures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: