News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 24, 2012, 03:33:50 PMInspired by Seijun's picture of the original Carnegie Apatosaurus baby from Germany (unfortunately we still don't have the 'link to post' feature back), I took some pics of its mother, that 'Grand Dame of rubber sauropods' - also of German origin :) .......

Helge is of course referring to this post in particular:)

For the present, you can link to a post by clicking the subject line in that particular post. In case you might find that helpful for now. :)

I do so want the original Carnegie Apatosaurus mother and infant...

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 24, 2012, 04:07:01 PM
For the present, you can link to a post by clicking the subject line in that particular post. In case you might find that helpful for now. :)
That's very helpful. Thanks Niroot :).

brontodocus

So are these the first of the Carnegie figures that were distributed by Schleich? I remember that prior to the ReplicaSaurus line they were offering these (same is apparently true for the Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection) and in the early 90s I've seen the old Carnegie Diplodocus (and others) frequently appearing among Schleich figures in toy stores in Germany - wasn't there even a tag with "Schleich" and "The Carnegie Collection" on them?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Quote from: brontodocus on March 24, 2012, 07:28:36 PM
So are these the first of the Carnegie figures that were distributed by Schleich? I remember that prior to the ReplicaSaurus line they were offering these (same is apparently true for the Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection) and in the early 90s I've seen the old Carnegie Diplodocus (and others) frequently appearing among Schleich figures in toy stores in Germany - wasn't there even a tag with "Schleich" and "The Carnegie Collection" on them?

That's right. That's why I thought the Carnegie Collection was made by Schleich back then.
We didn't have the internet and I didn't even know Safari existed ;D.

This is the original Carnegie Brachiosaurus I bought the very same day in 1988 (1989?)

postsaurischian

:)   PaleoCraft 1:20 Elasmotherium by Sean Cooper

Tylosaurus

ZOMG ! *orthocone* That horn is massive!!! *orthocone*

It's more like a "don't mess with my horn" thing rofl ;D Very nice detailed sculpt though :)
What colors are you going to give it?

brontodocus

That Paleocraft Elasmotherium is simply stunning! The texture of the fur is especially gorgeous. :) Oh, is this the reason why Mironimus-Rex currently doesn't have it in stock? ;) BTW: I'm painting my Paleocraft Thylacoleo at the moment...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

copper

must... have... that elasmotherium...

postsaurischian

Quote from: copper on March 25, 2012, 04:02:59 PM
must... have... that elasmotherium...
He, he ... so did I. I love it!

Quote from: brontodocus on March 25, 2012, 03:43:21 PM
Oh, is this the reason why Mironimus-Rex currently doesn't have it in stock? ;)
..... might be ;D.
Have I already mentioned that I really like your new banner :)?
Wait .... 1, 2, 3 .... I can see 6 PaleoCraft models on it. Looking forward to the newly painted 7th one. I have 8 at the moment.
And I also see good old painted Invicta Muttaburrasaurus. I bought that one at the Queensland Museum in 1996 :D.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 25, 2012, 04:47:01 PM
Have I already mentioned that I really like your new banner :) ?
Wait .... 1, 2, 3 .... I can see 6 PaleoCraft models on it. Looking forward to the newly painted 7th one. I have 8 at the moment.
And I also see good old painted Invicta Muttaburrasaurus. I bought that one at the Queensland Museum in 1996 :D .
Thanks Helge! :) Oh, yes, I've got the painted Invicta Muttaburrasaurus from you... let me check... in October or November 2010! :) So far my only painted Invicta, though.

Harukin

What a wonderful collection. And stunning shots. You truly have an artistic insight in your photos. I really liked the one with Triceratops and Ankylosaurus taking a walk on your hand.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Harukin on March 25, 2012, 06:32:26 PM
What a wonderful collection. And stunning shots. You truly have an artistic insight in your photos. I really liked the one with Triceratops and Ankylosaurus taking a walk on your hand.
Thanks Harukin :). The 'hand photo' took a while. It was a bit hard to keep the left hand calm while taking pics with the right (which of course also had to be kept calm).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The postman rang me out of bed today - exceptionally early! Yes, he's the only person being allowed to do so ...
....... especially when he's got beautiful Dinosaurs in his bag for me.
Himmapaan sent me his version of this beautiful Shapeways figure. What a wonderful start of the day!

8)   David Krentz 1:144 Edmontosaurus - painted by Niroot Puttapipat

:D   I can't believe how beautiful it is - although I've been knowing Niroot long enough to be well aware of his excellent skils.

Now it's a trio!  from left to right:  painted by Niroot  /  painted & based by Martin Garratt  /  unpainted 'Black Detail'

Himmapaan

Hooray! I'm glad it's arrived safely, I was beginning to worry!

I didn't realise Martin had painted his with stripes along the upper back too, darn. I'd have painted this one more differently.  ;D

brontodocus

Wonderful! :) Actually I think it's rather an advantage that both paint schemes go together so well.

postsaurischian

Papo rex stalks Dinoland Maiasaura .......

Tylosaurus

This is a very nice photo :)

As if it's looking down and thinking, "Hmm ... There is no way I want to fall down there!"  ;D *orthocone*

Simon

Now THAT is one heckuva diorama photo!  The Trex doesn't look bad at all from that angle!  I thought it was the old TRex for a moment!!

brontodocus

That's a very nice location where you photographed the Papo Tyrannosaurus and Dinoland Maiasaura! :) Do you have that creek near your home?

radman

I agree with Simon and Bronto, a very nice picture indeed.  I just got the Papo running T.rex myself, and it is quite nice; you have captured it quite superbly.

postsaurischian

Quote from: radman on March 27, 2012, 11:43:35 PM
I agree with Simon and Bronto, a very nice picture indeed.  I just got the Papo running T.rex myself, and it is quite nice; you have captured it quite superbly.
Quote from: brontodocus on March 27, 2012, 11:14:35 PM
That's a very nice location where you photographed the Papo Tyrannosaurus and Dinoland Maiasaura! :) Do you have that creek near your home?
Thanks for the comments :). Yes, it's just around the corner in the 'Günther-Klotz-Anlage'.
I can't tell you how happy I am that spring time is here :).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: