News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

The fact that the new Favorite are all Araki sculpts makes them all collectable.  The style is a little more cartoonish than the previous batch - at least when it comes to the "faces" he's put on a few of them like the Steg, but they certainly have a lot more character.

I am still drooling.  They haven't shown up on JAUCE yet, so I don't know how widely they have been released in Japan as yet.  Hopefully a few outlets will pick them up here in the US, like Black Hills Institute.

copper

Quote from: Simon on November 07, 2012, 04:39:16 PM
The fact that the new Favorite are all Araki sculpts makes them all collectable.  The style is a little more cartoonish than the previous batch - at least when it comes to the "faces" he's put on a few of them like the Steg, but they certainly have a lot more character.

i will probably get this new ankylo anyway since it's quite appealing and of course there's that Araki charm)

postsaurischian

^-^  TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S. 'Dino Kingdom 2012'  Tyrannosaurus rex
                                                                             my favourite figure from the set

brontodocus

Really a great figure. :) Too bad I haven't bought any of that set, yet.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Patrx

Ah, so that's what that rex looks like! I'd never had a good look at it; since I bought the resin version it seemed redundant. Much like the others in the set, I really like the design, but the details could be much better.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on November 16, 2012, 03:28:54 AM
Feathered T-Rex........... ::)

Hey! It's the latest fashion ;D!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)   WILD SAFARI 2012 portraits:

Acrocanthosaurus

Dracorex

Ceratosaurus

Vagaceratops

Jetoar

Amazing Photographs. I can see all details of this figures, well done friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

:)  Great closeups!  Did you use a special camara?

postsaurischian

Quote from: stoneage on November 17, 2012, 02:00:17 AM
:)  Great closeups!  Did you use a special camara?

Thanks stoneage :).
I must admit I'm using a new camera since September. It's a  ..... let me see ..... Sony DSC-HX100V.
Big advantage: I do not have to wait for really sunny days to take pictures anymore ;D. This camera makes sharp pictures even with dimmed light :). There's also pretty good zooming - I didn't have that before. I'm still a beginner and have to learn a lot about the camera's features but it seems the pics are better than before although I'm not doing anything different :).

Ikessauro

Awww! Those Arakis are great, but certainly they don't look as lifelike as the older favorite like. They are glowy, cartonish as someone said. In the end the sculpts are very cool and I'll end up getting them anyways.

sauroid

the Favorite figures are gorgeous. they would have looked much better if the paint didnt have a glossy finish.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on November 18, 2012, 03:47:49 AM
the Favorite figures are gorgeous. they would have looked much better if the paint didnt have a glossy finish.
I agree, it sorta looks like someone dipped them in a bucket of grease :X

postsaurischian

:)   Life-sized paper model "Microceratops" (Graciliceratops mongoliensis) by Johan Scherft
                                                                 (wonderful birthday surprise by Dr. Andre - thank you so much!)

Himmapaan

brontodocus

Phew, I'm so glad it arrived in good shape... :-[ ^-^ ...and in time! :)
I'm always worried cardboard models might get crushed in the mail.

Your new camera is really good! :D Even though I don't use flashlight the model is hard to photograph (at least for me) without looking overly glossy. Oh, can it stand without support now (I assume the cable helped a little)? Before I've sent it I've tested if it can stand - well, it depends on how the head is attached but it's of course very instable (at best). :-\ Mine has a little putty in both feet to lower the centre of balance but it's still quite instable.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 30, 2012, 02:01:13 PM
That is just brilliant.  :D

:)  I'm loving the colouration.

Quote from: brontodocus on November 30, 2012, 02:38:56 PM
Oh, can it stand without support now (I assume the cable helped a little)? .....
..... Mine has a little putty in both feet to lower the centre of balance but it's still quite instable.

Yes, it's the cable. I'm thinking about putting little mini-weights into the feet.

Libraraptor

One does not see it´s made of paper, it´s just brilliant, totally agree with Himmapaan!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:)   David Krentz - Shapeways 1:72  Andesaurus & Giganotosaurus
                   (these are not black & white photographs - the models are in 'black detail' and not fully cleaned)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: