News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice paleoartistic work by Martin Garratt, he has done a good job for you. I wish Martin the best.

ceratopsian

I like the SenSen piece very much.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you!

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 26, 2020, 12:56:04 PM
I like the SenSen piece very much.

I've always been in love with Kentrosaurus and I have been looking for a model / figure for my 1:20 collection for a long time.
The Dinoland model was too hard (and expensive) to get and it's too big anyway. So I've been eagerly awaiting SenSen's model
since the first time I saw it being announced a few months ago. I'm very happy with it - it's perfect ^-^ and it's the first model / figure
of the species that features respectively seven pairs of plates and spikes on the back, just the way it should be.
The detail on such a relatively small model is amazing and my pictures can't really show how beautiful this Kentrosaurus is.
Definitely one of my personal highlights this year!

ceratopsian

I ordered the SenSen Kentrosaurus too but on this occasion I went for the finished version, as I happened to like it very much.  Since this week it is sitting in Thailand - airmail from Thailand is suspended at present.  If it doesn't restart by the end of May, I suggested Dinosaur Darkroom send it by sea.  Like you, I was very excited when it was announced.  I hope to see it eventually!  I'm glad you are so pleased with it.  I very much like SenSen's work, especially as he is not afraid to make small models.

Halichoeres

Wonderful new additions, particularly the Kentrosaurus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After a short time of lurking I joined the Dinosaur Toy Forum on April, 27th 2010 - exactly 10 years ago.
I started this thread with my Bedroom Collection, not knowing how to post pics, doing one post per pic
and all this miserable stuff ;D . It started with the Carnegie Collection in 1989.
21 years later the Bedroom Collection of 2010 looked like this (it cannot be seen on DTF v.1 anymore):

Meanwhile there's no Carnegie or Papo figure left. The collection is still constantly in a state of flux
as can be seen in a post 5 years ago. Since this is my 10th DTF birthday I thought I might send the
newest update of the Bedroom Collection. Original images are sized 1200x900 or vice versa.

BATTAT  Pachycephalosaurus    BULLYLAND  Pteranodon, Edaphosaurus
                               COLLECTA  Herrerasaurus, Struthiomimus, Tyrannosaurus    COLORATA  Dsungaripterus, Quetzalcoatlus
                                                                  FAVORITE  Deinonychus, Neovenator, Parasaurolophus   
               KAIYODO  Camarasaurus, Coelophysis, Eryops, Maiasaura, Meiolania, Oviraptor, Protoceratops, Rutiodon, Tapejara, Trochosaurus
                                            MO MODELS  Diplodocus    MORALES (DRAGON ATTACK STUDIOBrachiosaurus
                                                           PNSO  Triceratops    PREHISTORIC PASSIONS  Pentaceratops
                        SAFARI  Ankylosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Nothosaurus, Postosuchus, Sauropelta, Scutosaurus, Stegosaurus, Yutyrannus
SAUROZOIC COLLECTION  Spinosaurus, Therizinosaurus    TAMIYA  Archaeopteryx, Human scale figure    VITAE  Sinoceratops    WWD 3D  Troodon

Shonisaurus

Nice collection of figures and miscellaneous toy dinosaur brands! You have very good taste.

ceratopsian

Ten years is a long time - congratulations!  And the cabinet on which your bedroom models stand is very beautiful indeed.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you!

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 28, 2020, 10:44:07 AM
Ten years is a long time - congratulations!  And the cabinet on which your bedroom models stand is very beautiful indeed.

Time moves on so quickly. But looking at the collection it must have been quite some years. The cabinet is an old
Chinese wedding chest where I keep my bed linens. It has carried lots of different Dinosaur species throughout the decades ^-^ .

Libraraptor

Bokisaurus

Very nice and congratulations on hitting a milestone!
Isn't it amazing to be part of this forum for that long?😃
Now you have one of the most amazing and impressive collection here, and also the most popular thread!

FYI- I want that cabinet!😂

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations on your tenth birthday in the forum. You are already a veteran.

Fenestra

Happy anniversary and what a beautiful collection.
What stands out most for me are the pretty "eyebrows" on the CollectA T-Rex.
I like them so much that I'm thinking of repainting mine once again.  :))

triceratops83

Wow, there's a lot of really esoteric, hard to find stuff there. A collection to be proud of.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you! Your response is making it a wonderful birthday ;D .

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 28, 2020, 03:50:01 PM
Very nice and congratulations on hitting a milestone!
Isn't it amazing to be part of this forum for that long?😃
Now you have one of the most amazing and impressive collection here, and also the most popular thread!

FYI- I want that cabinet!😂

Of course I was lurking your posts before I joined. If there was any question about a specific Dinosaur figure
the answer always was: "Ask bokisaurus or sbell, they sure have it!"

These cabinets had been sold at the company I was working those days. I got me one for 20 Deutsche Marks
(our old currency), that's about 10 Euros. Normally they're much more expensive. I was lucky :) .

Quote from: Fenestra on April 28, 2020, 10:30:07 PM

Is that the one in black & white - Harpy Eagle version? I cannot find the post anymore.
I think that one is just brilliant! When I saw it the first time I thought: Damn, mine should have been painted like this ;D .

Fenestra

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 29, 2020, 07:45:51 AM
Is that the one in black & white - Harpy Eagle version? I cannot find the post anymore.
I think that one is just brilliant! When I saw it the first time I thought: Damn, mine should have been painted like this ;D .

No no no! That one is not done by me. I know exactly which one you are talking about though.
That T-Rex is is indeed brilliant, but again, not mine.

Edit: I just looked it up. That T-Rex was done by Dobber.

SidB

Quote from: Fenestra on April 29, 2020, 05:21:19 PM

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 29, 2020, 07:45:51 AM

No no no! That one is not done by me. I know exactly which one you are talking about though.
That T-Rex is is indeed brilliant, but again, not mine.

Edit: I just looked it up. That T-Rex was done by Dobber.
If this is the one, the "harpy eagle" repaint, I've been looking for this for a while - could you give me the thread reference? Is it on the old forum? Greatly appreciated, avatar_Fenestra @Fenestra.

postsaurischian

postsaurischian

Another evergreen in my collection. Although the model is relatively old - the first waves were still
                                  sold under Favorite's old label "Kinto" -  it's still one of my favourite depictions of the species.
                                                  One of the few figures that's constantly on display throughout the years.

^-^

~ •     Favorite Collection Desktop Model ~ 1:35 Parasaurolophus     • ~

Favorite & Schleich make a cute couple     

:-*     They love cuddling each other's crest      :-*

It goes well with other ornithopods, too - CollectA Iguanodon .....

..... or Dinosaur Studio Lambeosaurus.

Lanthanotus

Very nice and finely painted :)

What`s that Therizinosaurus (?) on the far right on that cabinet?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: