News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChubbyTaco

I saw the size of the diplodocus by sean cooper.But if he did it bigger it would look majestic. Nice photographs.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for all the comments!

Quote from: Eashwar on January 08, 2015, 07:18:18 AM
I saw the size of the diplodocus by sean cooper.But if he did it bigger it would look majestic. Nice photographs.

The MO Models Diplodocus is slightly larger than the Battat figure. They make a great pair!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Wild Safari Sauropelta (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)
                                                      Awesome figure, Doug - congratulations! I'm very impressed.
                                                                 It makes even the Kaiyodo look like a toy ;D.

....... trying to match the DTF banner pose .......

dutchdinolover

Wow! That is a master piece. the paint ap looks better than how the safari photo's show them. I think i want one for myself :))

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 10, 2015, 02:20:11 PM
  :) Wild Safari Sauropelta (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)
                         > awesome figure, Doug - congratulations! I'm very impressed.
                               It makes even the Kaiyodo look like a toy ;D.

Wow, it's an honour again to have you photograph one of my pieces, if I ever get off my rear and redo my website I will ask your permission to use some of your shots, with credit to you of course.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 10, 2015, 04:56:05 PM
Wow, it's an honour again to have you photograph one of my pieces, if I ever get off my rear and redo my website I will ask your permission to use some of your shots, with credit to you of course.

:) You wouldn't have to ask. It's YOUR figure and it's more of an honour for US to have YOU on this forum.

DinoLord

Wow, the stock photos really do not do justice to this one!

triceratops83

The amount of detail in this figure makes it look like a 1:15 scale model, not the little figure it is. IMO Safari are the best detailed figures.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoLord

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 11, 2015, 01:17:41 AMIMO Safari are the best detailed figures.

Definitely. They've come a very long way from their first offerings.

Takama

Such crisp detail.    If only Safari would do more armourd  dinos.

amargasaurus cazaui

This particular sculpt is every bit as nice as anything from the Battat original series or Carnegie.....I said it before, but for me this is one of the nicest dinosaurs offered for sale in the past few years.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

beautiful in every way. i hope this quality would become the standard among all plastic figure brands (Papo was the first to pave the way).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

The Sauropelta is definitely on my list thanks to your beautiful picture. I need a good nodosaurid model. The stock photo really doesn't do it justice (all the detailing is obscured for some reason).

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!
    Yes, the Sauropelta is a pretty awesome Dinosaur figure, a strong candidate for figure of the year 2015 ;).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

..... not exactly as perfect, but still nice is the .....

:)  Safari Carnegie Collection Velociraptor (originally sculpted by Forest Rogers)

> I think Forest did a nice job (except for the pose, which as we know is beyond her influence).
                                        Safari spoils the fun a bit with their sloppy paint application (especially on the teeth).
                                          I cannot stand the tripod pose, a small piece of Colorata acrylic rod does the trick.

triceratops83

That really is the best dromeaosaur figure.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

very nice indeed, except for the granny dentures
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

The Sauropelta is gorgeous! Congratulations Postsaurischian and Doug Watson! :D

postsaurischian

... and thanks once more for the comments :). The Sauropelta is a piece of art!

:D  Dan's Dinosaurs 1:30  Koolasuchus  (painted by Noora Kivisilta)

gfxtwin

That raptor is well sculpted, but I agree about the teeth.  Has it ever been explained why Carnegie doesn't allow sculpting of carnivore teeth anymore (the most recent T Rex being a possible exception)?  That amazing Tylosaur has very small teeth, and each one is individually sculpted and looks sharp.  Even that little Cryolophosaurus has sharp teeth that are individually sculpted.  Wonder why you don't see that anymore.  I don't buy the "small kids can hurt themselves" excuse.  Even Papo teeth aren't that sharp.

postsaurischian

:)   Invicta 1:45  Dimetrodon  (painted by Noora Kivisilta)
                               > with thanks to Invicta Hunter from whom I got my second one.

deanm

Lovely!  Nicely co-ordinated and well balanced color scheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: