News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I'm surprised I don't see a Carnegie in that Plateosaurus collection. Love the Bullyland model, I really need to get that one.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 05, 2016, 08:28:15 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2016, 10:34:10 PM
I'm amazed that the Kaiyodo stands up on its own with its tail up like that.

It's a trick. A small piece of acrylic Colorata rod (which you can't see in the pic) elevates the tail.

Aha! Very sly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 05, 2016, 09:24:25 AM
....... how about getting the erect Bullyland version? Don´t you like it or didn´t you simply encounter it yet?

It's a bit too much of a Schwäbischer Lindwurm ( ;D) for my tastes.

Quote from: Gwangi on February 05, 2016, 02:27:02 PM
I'm surprised I don't see a Carnegie in that Plateosaurus collection. Love the Bullyland model, I really need to get that one.

I'm also surprised. I forgot about that one.
I've never really liked it. Maybe it's the colours?

amargasaurus cazaui

The Carnegie Plateosaurus is a model I have always liked for some reason...but I did get one repainted by Martin in colors that more tend to resemble the Zallinger mural scheme .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Martin can turn almost every figure into a good one :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  The Antediluvia Collection (made in 1:72 by David Krentz)

Part 1 ~ the sauropods:  Jobaria tiguidensis, Apatosaurus louisae

postsaurischian

Part 2 ~ the ornithopods:  Tenontosaurus, Corythosaurus casuarius, Gryposaurus

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 05, 2016, 08:53:31 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 05, 2016, 09:24:25 AM
....... how about getting the erect Bullyland version? Don´t you like it or didn´t you simply encounter it yet?

It's a bit too much of a Schwäbischer Lindwurm ( ;D) for my tastes.

I see ;)

Well, I do have the Antediluvia Gryposaurus, too. Got it for Christmas six or seven years ago and it immediately broke both of its forearms. Fixed it, still love it!

postsaurischian

Part 3 ~ the ceratopsians:  Achelousaurus horneri, Triceratops horridus, Styracosaurus albertensis

Nebuloid

Wow those are all stunning, are they going to be painted ?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Nebuloid on February 08, 2016, 06:10:55 PM
Wow those are all stunning, are they going to be painted ?

Thanks, Nebuloid!
I have the complete collection, all figures in the same colour and I love the way they look.
I don't think I'll ever let them get painted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)  David Krentz 1:18  Einiosaurus procurvicornis (built & painted by Martin Garratt)
                                                                                               >  with special thanks to ataraxus from whom I got the kit.

RobinGoodfellow

amargasaurus cazaui

I guess the blue stage has run its course.......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 03, 2016, 03:26:06 PM
I guess the blue stage has run its course.......

Hah! Never! One of the next models has to be Blue again!
This one I wanted to look a bit zebraesque :).

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 03, 2016, 02:45:15 PM

David Krentz 1:18  Einiosaurus procurvicornis (built & painted by Martin Garratt)
                                                                                               >  with special thanks to ataraxus from whom I got the kit.

It's a lovely model.  I especially enjoyed seeing the close-up of the face and the detail of how it's been painted.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

So many beautiful Dinosaurs.

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 08, 2016, 01:49:04 PM

Sit! Good Girl!

Now that is a pose you don't see every day.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments! I'm glad I now have every Krentz model that I wanted.

:D  Rader Studios 1:35* Styracosaurus albertensis  (sculpted by Jonathan Rader, painted by Martin Garratt)

>  This has been my favourite Styracosaurus ever since I saw it on radman's collection thread, years
                                 ago on DTF v.1. Another model I thought I'd never get, because contacting Jonathan Rader
                                 seemed to be impossible. But just as with the Brachylophosaurus a fortunate coincidence happened
                                 and I could get one from ataraxus (THANKS again!) that I immediately sent to Martin.
                                 The base is missing but I can live with that. The wonderful colours were inspired by CM Studio.
                                 * The last picture shows that the model is more like 1:40.

... compared to similar sized figures by Battat and Safari Carnegie Collection ...

sauroid

that Carnegie Styracosaurus still looks great for its age. glad that i have one too.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:)  CollectA 1:40* Beishanlong
                                                  * As in most cases of CollectA's DeLuxe series, the model is much bigger.
                                                                         I'd say the figure is about 1:30 - 1:25.

CollectA:  Tyrannosaurid - Deinocheirid - Casuariid
                                                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RobinGoodfellow

It's absolutely better than the stock pictures.
Great!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: