News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"

Started by scallenger, August 10, 2013, 03:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I was planning on seeing this, but I hadn't considered Star Wars, Mockingjay, and Spectre to all be coming out around the same time. It'll take some mighty good reviews for me to see The Good Dinosaur in theaters, especially since I would likely end up going on my own.

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
I was planning on seeing this, but I hadn't considered Star Wars, Mockingjay, and Spectre to all be coming out around the same time. It'll take some mighty good reviews for me to see The Good Dinosaur in theaters, especially since I would likely end up going on my own.

Well Spectre comes out tomorrow and Star Wars on Christmas Day. At least here in the United States anyway. So they're aren't that close together. Then again, I go see a lot of movies. I'll probably go see all of them except perhaps Spectre. Monkingjay and The Good Dinosaur might come out on the same day though.

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Gwangi on November 05, 2015, 11:04:21 PM
And check out this trailer for Up.

I stand corrected and feel a bit more confident now. Let's just hope that this doesn't also mean that The Good Dinosaur will leave everybody emotionally devastated within the first ten minutes.

Kovu

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on November 06, 2015, 12:12:34 AM
I stand corrected and feel a bit more confident now. Let's just hope that this doesn't also mean that The Good Dinosaur will leave everybody emotionally devastated within the first ten minutes.

I mean, it is a Pixar movie...

Mamasaurus

While I enjoy the discussion, I think that this thread needs to be labeled as a possible spoiler alert. I clicked the link a few pages back expecting some concept art, and perhaps more teasing about the story, and end up coming across a summary of the first thirty minutes or so. I stopped reading the article as soon as I realized there were spoilers, but unfortunately the spoiler I came across was a pretty big one.

Anyone linking to articles, please announce spoiler alerts. I like being teased about the content of a film, as in concept art, but do not appreciate big reveals like that.

Thank you   :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on November 06, 2015, 12:12:34 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 05, 2015, 11:04:21 PM
And check out this trailer for Up.

I just finished watching "Inside Out", without fail Pixar delivered another phenomenal piece of film. While I was not devastated in the first 10 minutes there were still some tears welling up.

ITdactyl

Oh look!  A video of the character who'll die...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8SbOJeg5U

I'm kidding!  I'm kidding! lol
It looks good right? Super deformed anachronistic Apatosaur aside?

Quote from: Mamasaurus on November 06, 2015, 01:55:41 AM
Anyone linking to articles, please announce spoiler alerts. I like being teased about the content of a film, as in concept art, but do not appreciate big reveals like that.

Sorry about that Mamasaurus.  The sites I've linked to did not have spoiler warnings.  I usually avoid sharing if they do, or post spoiler warnings myself.  I think the things mentioned aren't really the whole meat of the movie (so to speak), or at least I hope they're not.  Moving forward though, I'll post spoiler warnings for links with hefty content, regardless of the absence of said warning on the site itself.

SBell

Quote from: Mamasaurus on November 06, 2015, 01:55:41 AM
While I enjoy the discussion, I think that this thread needs to be labeled as a possible spoiler alert. I clicked the link a few pages back expecting some concept art, and perhaps more teasing about the story, and end up coming across a summary of the first thirty minutes or so. I stopped reading the article as soon as I realized there were spoilers, but unfortunately the spoiler I came across was a pretty big one.

The film hasn't been released yet, so it's hard to know what is spoilers and what is speculation. Really, though every article written about the movie at this point should be assumed to be a spoiler of some kind.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWell, Pixar created this:

*snip*
No offense, but that's some pretty convoluted logic.

Dobber

Quote from: Gwangi on November 05, 2015, 11:57:23 PM

Well Spectre comes out tomorrow and Star Wars on Christmas Day. At least here in the United States anyway. So they're aren't that close together. Then again, I go see a lot of movies. I'll probably go see all of them except perhaps Spectre. Monkingjay and The Good Dinosaur might come out on the same day though.

Star Wars comes out Dec. 18 here in the U.S.  Just saying ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Dobber on November 06, 2015, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 05, 2015, 11:57:23 PM

Star Wars comes out Dec. 18 here in the U.S.  Just saying ;)

Chris

Oh wow, that's exciting. I could have sworn the trailers advertised "this Christmas". Well I wasn't keen on going on Christmas anyway and now I won't have to wait as long.

Dobber

Yeah, they are probably just referring to the Christmas season.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

postsaurischian

I just bought my tickets :). I will go there on my birthday in 5 days, ... just like I would have as a little boy ;D.

TomWToyForum

Just saw it. Best film about dinosaurs in 2015. Very good.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: TomWToyForum on November 26, 2015, 11:55:18 PM
Just saw it. Best film about dinosaurs in 2015. Very good.

Pixar delivers once again :))

Gwangi

Not sure when I'll see it because I want to take my nephew but I will be going sooner than later. In the meantime, if you want to discuss spoilers please do it in another thread!

Reviews for the film have been generally positive. One reviewer lamented the character designs on the dinosaurs when compared to the realistic environments but ultimately said "kids won't care".

tyrantqueen

TomWToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 27, 2015, 03:11:20 AMPixar delivers once again :))
Yup, another Pixar film that almost brought me to tears, but really that's par for the course.
At the end of this I felt sort of bummed that out of the next five Pixar movies only one would not be a sequel but they always do a great job anyway.

Quote from: Gwangi on November 27, 2015, 03:12:56 AMNot sure when I'll see it because I want to take my nephew but I will be going sooner than later. In the meantime, if you want to discuss spoilers please do it in another thread!

Reviews for the film have been generally positive. One reviewer lamented the character designs on the dinosaurs when compared to the realistic environments but ultimately said "kids won't care".
Huh, I never actually had it bother me. The difference between the cartoon characters and realistic background I mean. In fact, I totally liked that, it was visually stunning. I'm glad I saw it in 3D, but I'm the kind of weirdo that will go for the full 3D-IMAX combo whenever I can.
I'd be lying if I said I never noticed the inaccuracies but I never actually got bothered by them. I'm glad that they explicitly mentioned that Velociraptor had feathers, even if they are the weird horse-mane things.

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not but some of the dinosaurs represented by toys do not actually make it into the final film.

Rain

I'm really liking the way Butch looks. Also that "roar" from the clip sounds like it was taken directly from Jurassic Park

alexeratops

Nice clip. I love how they don't exaggerate the "tiny arms can't do anything" cliche. They use them a lot!
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: