News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"

Started by scallenger, August 10, 2013, 03:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scallenger

Somehow I missed this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/10321155/No-Pixar-film-for-2014-as-The-Good-Dinosaur-and-Finding-Dory-release-dates-pushed-back.html

The delay is not surprising as Pixar recently removed The Good Dinosaur's director, Bob Peterson, from the movie with only nine months to go before release. Pixar's president Ed Catmull explained that the studio hadn't been happy with the creative development of the film.

He said "Nobody ever remembers the fact that you slipped a film, but they will remember a bad film. Our conclusion was that we were going to give the [dinosaur] film some more time."
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like they made the right call to me.

tyrantqueen

In my opinion it's good that they changed their mind about the film...it shows they actually care about the quality of the product and are trying to spend the time making it as good as it can be, rather than just rushing it out to try and rake in more cash.

If the film ends up sucking (which I doubt) then that's that...but who knows, it could be the next Toy Story or Lion King.

SBell

It's always a good sign for a movie when it gets delayed frequently, with lots of re-writes and staffing changes ;).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on September 25, 2013, 03:23:08 AM
It's always a good sign for a movie when it gets delayed frequently, with lots of re-writes and staffing changes ;).

Usually it's not, but the plot sounded a bit convoluted to me.  I mean I still can't tell you exactly what it's about. Made me wonder if the guys in charge were having the same thought.  If so it's good they decided to hold off and do some additional work.

Ultimatedinoking

Well, it's a Disney/Pixar movie, so no doubt it will be horrible.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Gwangi

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 01, 2014, 09:01:16 PM
Well, it's a Disney/Pixar movie, so no doubt it will be horrible.

You resurrected this thread just to say that? I came here hoping for new news regarding the film. Regardless of your personal opinion the majority of Disney/Pixar films are critically acclaimed and loved by the majority of the population.

Ultimatedinoking

Yes, I did say that.  :)) and I'm not the majority of the pop. Disney is evil and Pixar is just the mask they hide behind.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Gwangi

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 01, 2014, 09:14:05 PM
Disney is evil and Pixar is just the mask they hide behind.

Based on what? You know what, I don't even want to know your answer. Even if you find Disney/Pixar evil they're just the production company. There are real people directing, animating and writing these movies. I doubt those people are evil and their movies have consistently been the best children movies since "Toy Story" was released in 1994. "Wall-E" and "Up"? Cinematic masterpieces for their genre. You don't even have to enjoy them to acknowledge that they're good movies.

Ultimatedinoking

I am going to tell you anyway. They are corrupting minds with their subliminal messages.
-UDK

Hermes888

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 01, 2014, 09:48:22 PM
I am going to tell you anyway. They are corrupting minds with their subliminal messages.
I'll admit, you got me. Until I saw this post, I thought you were completely serious.

tyrantqueen

Please be trolling.

CityRaptor

I came here for some actual ( hopefully good ) news, not some April Fool's day joke.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 01, 2014, 09:55:48 PM
Please be trolling.

Nope. No "trolling", no joke. Just an honest opinion from someone who see through Disney's false skin.
-UDK

Gwangi

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 01, 2014, 10:15:51 PM
Please be trolling.

Nope. No "trolling", no joke. Just an honest opinion from someone who see through Disney's false skin.

Well since we're here...do you have any actual evidence to back this up or is this some paranoid conspiracy fantasy? I think it's the former but I'm willing to let you entertain me.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 01, 2014, 10:15:51 PM
Please be trolling.

It's funny, as a kid, I never noticed the SEX thing written in the sky, or any of the stuff that was supposed to be hidden in Disney's films. I only found out about that stuff later on, as an adult. If they were trying to force some kind of subliminal message on kids, it wasn't a very successful.  At that age, that sort of stuff just goes over your head.

In my opinion, it's like looking for shapes in the clouds.

Ultimatedinoking

That's the point, your conscience mind doesn't pick them up. Your sub conscience does, this way you never realize your brain is being rewired. Sponge bob also has a lot in it too.
-UDK

Gwangi

EDIT: Decided to remove my own post. I guess I'm growing up. This is not the place to argue about Disney conspiracy theories. I'm done troll feeding.

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Gwangi on April 02, 2014, 12:38:21 AM
EDIT: Decided to remove my own post. I guess I'm growing up. This is not the place to argue about Disney conspiracy theories. I'm done troll feeding.
Bravo! Discussing something this ridiculous is usually just pointless anyways.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: