News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pixar's "The Good Dinosaur"

Started by scallenger, August 10, 2013, 03:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

It's not ridiculous! It's actually happening. :(
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 02, 2014, 05:17:18 PM
It's not ridiculous! It's actually happening. :(
I believe you misunderstood my post. The movie isn't ridiculous; your position is.  ;)
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

tyrantqueen

I don't know if it's been posted here or not, but here's a teaser poster for the film:

Is there anything new to report?

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 02, 2014, 05:22:49 PM
See! I told you it wasn't.  ^-^
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding if you're just trolling, or that naive.
I was being extremely sarcastic. My point was not, "I now agree with you." It was "oh, okay. If you want to believe that, whatever. That's fine. But I think it's a ridiculous position.
I am going to stop posting on this topic. As I said in my first post on the subject, debating this ridiculous position is simply pointless.
-Peter Benchley

Ultimatedinoking

I don't know what trolling means, and I'm not native!! >:(
-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on April 02, 2014, 05:28:03 PM
I don't know what trolling means, and I'm not native!! >:(
Man, you're killing me!
Naive, not native.
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

All right, this is getting annoying. Ultimatedinoking, if you hate Disney so much, STOP commenting on this thread. No-one is forcing you to watch their movies.

If you continue to derail this thread, I am going to PM a moderator >:(

Ultimatedinoking

NO! I realized I am horribly outnumbered.  :-[

I will stop. I'm sorry.  :'(
-UDK

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2014, 05:25:31 PM
I don't know if it's been posted here or not, but here's a teaser poster for the film:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but once it's been stated let's not argue over it, changing people's minds just isn't easy.

I had not seen that TQ..nice find !

CityRaptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 02, 2014, 05:25:31 PM

If that creature had a proper sized head, the "human" would be really tiny. But since the noggin is oversized, that are some pretty big bugs.
Also, what exactly are they aiming for with the primate? Ugly Cute? The Ugly part clearly works...the cute part not so much.

And I realized that 3 out of 4 Dinosaurs with Primate Sidekicks are now owned by Disney: Devil Dinosaur & Moon-Boy, Aladar & his Lemurs, this guy & his pet. That only leaves Super Dinosaur & his kid. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 03, 2014, 11:04:36 AMIf that creature had a proper sized head, the "human" would be really tiny. But since the noggin is oversized, that are some pretty big bugs.

Who's to say what's "proper sized" or "oversized", given that this dino is a fictional species that evolved ~65 million years after all the real non-avian dinos went extinct?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm concerned less with the visuals for this film and more about the overall story. The name itself was said to mean more than what you initially would think.

CityRaptor

Well, obviously the majoritiy of Dinosaurs being evil, or atleast antagonistic. You know, the whole "Reptiles are Abhorrent" Trope again, as they also used it in Disneysaur. The Big Bad is probabaly some industrialist Dinosaur who either wants to wipe out the "humans" ( if a herbivore ) or use them as stock for his meat farm ( if Theropods are portrayed as intelligent ).

Quote from: HD-man on April 03, 2014, 03:39:30 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 03, 2014, 11:04:36 AMIf that creature had a proper sized head, the "human" would be really tiny. But since the noggin is oversized, that are some pretty big bugs.

Who's to say what's "proper sized" or "oversized", given that this dino is a fictional species that evolved ~65 million years after all the real non-avian dinos went extinct?

They still claim that he is an Apatosaurus, however.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteIf that creature had a proper sized head, the "human" would be really tiny. But since the noggin is oversized, that are some pretty big bugs.
Also, what exactly are they aiming for with the primate? Ugly Cute? The Ugly part clearly works...the cute part not so much.

And I realized that 3 out of 4 Dinosaurs with Primate Sidekicks are now owned by Disney: Devil Dinosaur & Moon-Boy, Aladar & his Lemurs, this guy & his pet. That only leaves Super Dinosaur & his kid. 
Eh...it's stylised. It's supposed to tell a story, they're not trying to make it true to life. No-one complained about the insects in A Bug's Life, for example:

Look at the size of that head! It's way oversized ::) Why doesn't she have mandibles? Why is she missing a pair of legs? Why is she purple? Blah blah blah...

Brontozaurus

As much as it won't go for 100% realism I'm confident that there will be some stabs at accuracy. Pixar does do a lot of research on their movies (they installed a fish tank to observe fish for Finding Nemo, and for Ratatouille they got chefs in to make sure the onscreen food looked edible), so I think we'll be seeing some fluffy dinosaurs at least.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

SBell

Looking at that image does not give me great confidence--it feels more like the level of "Cars" or (shudder) "Cars 2" than Wall-E, Ratatouille or Up. In other words, the lever of merchandise-driver and fund-raiser, not necessarily a movie-making piece-of-art.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: