News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dominion : Dinosaurs VS Aliens Graphic Novel / Film

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 24, 2012, 07:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

We had a topic about this before but some new info has come up..including images of the graphic novel the film will be based on :

You can view 19 pages here :
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?gid=4100

The theropods look pretty awesome..not accurate..but AWESOME ! ;D

Tylosaurus

Yeah read about this on Facebook :P Seems interesting haha
Really,  I hope the Dino's will send them Aliens runn'n! ;D

Roselaar

The artwork looks fantastic, but I'm not so sure about the plot. What's up with all the make-up and bones displayed on the dinosaurs? They're not so intelligent they have a sort of culture, right?

Tylosaurus

maybe it is science fiction after all, so yeah I won't be surprised to see talking Dino's versus a deadly alien invasion that herbivores and carnivores like omnivores would have to team up to take on the Aliens to save the Earth from annihilation, I sense a similar plot towards this  *orthocone*

It's all very predictable I'm like heh  ::)  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on March 24, 2012, 02:12:58 PM
The artwork looks fantastic, but I'm not so sure about the plot. What's up with all the make-up and bones displayed on the dinosaurs? They're not so intelligent they have a sort of culture, right?

I would bet this takes place at the height of Dinosaur supremacy..right at the end of the Cretaceous. So yeah they have developed a sort of " primitive " culture I suspect..lol  It looks like the theropods (  I see tyrannosaurs and a spino in there ) are fighting dromeosaurs..probably in some age old conflict.  Then of course the badass aliens show up and they have to band together to defeat them in huge battle that end with the extinction level event..( we still have birds, dinos won ! )  ;D All my guesses of course..I don't really know.  Feels a bit like Avatar with Dinosaurs as the heros and the invaders are aliens. lol

Really I'm goign to enjoy this film by yelling at the screen whenever a dino wipes out an alien and kicks butt..I'm shutting off the brain this go round as it just sounds epically fun. ;D

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on March 24, 2012, 02:12:58 PM

They would have to, otherwise it would be an easy win for the aliens.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The one page seems to suggest the aliens came from Mars maybe ?

Primeval12

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on April 24, 2012, 11:59:26 PM
what dinosaurs are in it? (Obvoiusly T-Rex)

So far it looks like Tyranosaurs and dromeosaurs..I even spied a Spinosaur in there I think. There should be all the popular species as well I would think.

Brontozaurus

There's going to be a free comic of this available at Free Comic Book Day next Saturday. The preview reveals Triceratops, Euoplocephalus, Pachycephalosaurus, and a bunch of sauropods in funny hats (no really).
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 29, 2012, 03:42:48 AM
There's going to be a free comic of this available at Free Comic Book Day next Saturday. The preview reveals Triceratops, Euoplocephalus, Pachycephalosaurus, and a bunch of sauropods in funny hats (no really).

Sweet. Do you have any images online ?

Takama

any dinosaurs that artist could make up.

this seems like a cool project to me. and they said there was going to be a movie about it.

I cant wait to see how that would turn out

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on April 30, 2012, 10:02:26 PM

any dinosaurs that artist could make up.

this seems like a cool project to me. and they said there was going to be a movie about it.

I cant wait to see how that would turn out

The screenplay is being done at the same tiem as the book so it will ready if any studios want it. I've heard it will be done by the guy who did the Men in Black films. So there is pretty much your level of effects I guess.   I did also read that the movie was on shakey ground becasue of how poorly Cowboys VS Aliens did..that film while good..couldn't be near as badass as Dinos VS ALiens though. ;) ;D

Thagirion

Loved all the dino pics. But the aliens had me laughing. Especially the black and white side view of one looks like a the cheesy ultraman.  It's too bad those insect machines weren't the actual aliens. That's what I would have done.  I loved Cowboys vs. Aliens.  Just fun sci fi.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Thagirion on May 01, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
Loved all the dino pics. But the aliens had me laughing. Especially the black and white side view of one looks like a the cheesy ultraman.  It's too bad those insect machines weren't the actual aliens. That's what I would have done.  I loved Cowboys vs. Aliens.  Just fun sci fi.

I don't even care about the aliens that much..they're just Dino-fodder right ? lol ;D

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2012, 06:24:06 AM

Scroll down a bit here.
-Ian Malcolm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 02, 2012, 12:50:56 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2012, 06:24:06 AM

Scroll down a bit here.

Sweet !

So even the sauropods at least must be intelligent as the carnivores. 

It's also nice to have some context with that first frame...the body of Commander Kit as they called him must have been in the big battle between both sides and they find his body ?    It's also interesting to note the aliens aren't an evil invading force just needing a new home themselves it seems.

Brontozaurus

I got the free book today. I was expecting it to be trashy as hell but it's actually pretty neat.

The dinosaurs look alright. There's still bunny hands on the theropods, but the art is really well done. And the raptors are nearly properly feathered!!! They're missing the big arm feathers, but otherwise it's a good job. What's interesting is that the dinosaurs wear decorations. You can see it in the preview pages, but in the book there's theropods wearing chunks of bone and an Allosaurus with what looks like an entire Triceratops skull on his head. This raises the obvious question of how they manage to construct such things, nevermind putting them on.

There's a heap of concept art and other bonus stuff in the back, including an interview with the creator. According to him, Dinosaurs Vs Aliens is going to be like the old west, with dinosaurs as the native americans and the aliens as the colonists with their 'manifest destiny' ideals.

Yes, it's essentially going to be Avatar with dinosaurs replacing the aliens (and aliens replacing the humans).

I kid you not.
-Ian Malcolm

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on May 05, 2012, 08:23:44 AM
I got the free book today. I was expecting it to be trashy as hell but it's actually pretty neat.

The dinosaurs look alright. There's still bunny hands on the theropods, but the art is really well done. And the raptors are nearly properly feathered!!! They're missing the big arm feathers, but otherwise it's a good job. What's interesting is that the dinosaurs wear decorations. You can see it in the preview pages, but in the book there's theropods wearing chunks of bone and an Allosaurus with what looks like an entire Triceratops skull on his head. This raises the obvious question of how they manage to construct such things, nevermind putting them on.

There's a heap of concept art and other bonus stuff in the back, including an interview with the creator. According to him, Dinosaurs Vs Aliens is going to be like the old west, with dinosaurs as the native americans and the aliens as the colonists with their 'manifest destiny' ideals.

Yes, it's essentially going to be Avatar with dinosaurs replacing the aliens (and aliens replacing the humans).

I kid you not.

A film like this I don't care much about the plot..it will just be cool to see the battles that ensue. ;D

The Allosaurus sounds cool..I need a figure of him/her... heh heh  ^-^

Maybe they get the dextrous little dromeosaurs to  make the outfits and dress them..kinda like as slaves.  Explains the art of the big theropods fighting the raptors.

Sharptooth

Meh. I'm the first fan of (good) animal fiction, buuuuut... Why aliens?
IMHO, it should have worked better with dinosaurs and dinosaurs ONLY, something more like "Watership Down" or "Legend of the Guardians" but set in the Mesozoic; i don't like this sci-fi angle  :P

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: