You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Kaiyodo Capsule Dinosaurs - Ceratopsians - Due For Release September

Started by Blackdanter, August 12, 2013, 01:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

So, put your knickers on and get a load of these babies.  :))

Forewarned is forearmed as they say.  ;)

This is the second wave follow up to the Tyrannosaur set.

Due for release September/October but I'm told they may trickle out in Japan towards the tail end of August.

CityRaptor

Oh yes, we already talked about them briefly here:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,867.msg37229.html#msg37229

There seems to be a pattern here:
Six Figures, all belonging to the same Family or Superfamily
One "Stock Dinosaur", which gets atleast 4 figures: a Skull, a complete Skeleton and a minimum of two Life-Reconstructions.
The other figures repesent recent discoveries.

Hope I have more luck with those than the first set, where I only got the Skeleton so far,
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

They are stunning...but if only they were bigger ;D

I also noticed something interesting- the pose of the Trike and Diablo looks strikingly similar to Manuel B's Chasmosaurus digital print. I know it's a generic pose, but I own a Shapeways model and I can say there is a definite resemblance

Gwangi

They are beautiful and hopefully I don't miss out on these like I did with the Tyrannosaur set. One minor complaint though...the quills. I'm not a fan of putting them on ceratopsians just because one fossil of the distantly related Psittacosaurus had them.  :-\

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

They look very good. Any idea what the best place to get these will be? I'd also hate to miss out on these like I did with the Rexes.

Seijun

The trex are still readily available through Jauce :) PM me if you need help getting some.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blackdanter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 12, 2013, 05:08:01 PM
They are stunning...but if only they were bigger ;D

I also noticed something interesting- the pose of the Trike and Diablo looks strikingly similar to Manuel B's Chasmosaurus digital print. I know it's a generic pose, but I own a Shapeways model and I can say there is a definite resemblance

Great spot Tyrantqueen. I'd say the musculature looks more naturalistic on the Kaiyodo but the pose is pretty much the same.

EmperorDinobot

Patrx

Blackdanter

Here's something else I've been sitting on for a while. Looks interesting but none of my contacts seem to know anything about it. Anyone heard anything?

postsaurischian

:o Argh! An Iguanodontid series. I have to know more about it!

Hurra, the Japanese mini figures are coming again ^-^!

Chad

Quote from: Blackdanter on August 13, 2013, 09:08:18 PM
Here's something else I've been sitting on for a while. Looks interesting but none of my contacts seem to know anything about it. Anyone heard anything?

I don't know what it is, but I want very much. I haven't seen anything like it at Jauce.

Tyrannosaurid lover

The perfect time ro start my kayodo dinos, any one can think of the prices, like how much where the originals?
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Patrx

I managed to pick up the tyrannosaur set (minus the paint variant) on Ebay for something like $35.00 USD shortly after its release. I expect the ceratopsians will be similarly priced.

tyrantqueen

I will be picking up the skull, to go with my Tyrannosaurus skull which was also from this line

I like the rest of the set very much, but it's not my preferred scale range ;)

Chad

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on August 14, 2013, 07:55:56 PM
The perfect time ro start my kayodo dinos, any one can think of the prices, like how much where the originals?

I got my set on Jauce for $13 but with fees and shipping and all that good stuff it will end up costing around $35. They're pretty common on Jauce but the price range is crazy. Gotta be patient.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blackdanter on August 13, 2013, 09:08:18 PM

I asked a Japanese friend about the Iguanodontids.
He says it was strange, but there's no company or producer's name written on it and asked me if it was maybe a joke ad that somebody made ;D.

I don't think so. I don't know any of the figures shown. Would someone make such an effort (it's very professionaly done) just for a joke?
Of course not - so any help and relevant information would be highly appreciated!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: