News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blade-of-the-Moon

If a piece was bought from them they will replace it.  But other than that your basically left to touch up small bits on your own. I'm not exactly sure what color to use, you might just take a pic in sunlight and take it with you and try to match it ?

Aram-Rex

Very hard to choose, all of them are fantastic. Have to say the Trike vs T-Rex would be the winner for me

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Aram-Rex on May 27, 2013, 12:15:33 AM
Very hard to choose, all of them are fantastic. Have to say the Trike vs T-Rex would be the winner for me

It is a classic !

boba ben

I did some paint mixing and fixed my velociraptor's claw to the best of my ability.  I think it turned out pretty good.

Blade-of-the-Moon

boba ben

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm glad it turned out pretty good.  I was pretty bummed when I saw the paint fleck yesterday.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: boba ben on May 28, 2013, 11:49:32 AM
Thanks.  Yeah, I'm glad it turned out pretty good.  I was pretty bummed when I saw the paint fleck yesterday.

I wouldn't worry so much, I've seen the odd chipped tooth, claws, ect..was easily touched up and it looks like " battle damage " . Dinosaurs had rough lives most had some sort of injury, disease, ect..so it works.

rfdelgado

Boba.....uhhhh, I've got a Sideshow Apatosaurus that came to me with its tail cracked. Can you fix it? LOL, just kidding. Looks great.

But my Apatosaurus DID come with the tail crack.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you ordered from Sideshow they should replace it.  Tail breaks weren't common with this piece but I have heard of two or three. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen more. Could be why they are steering away from sauropods like Diplodocus though.

A bit of glue and paint fix it I think bud.

boba ben

Man, that's a bummer.  Did you get it off of ebay?  If it's a clean break, some careful super gluing might even do the trick.

suspsy

The battle-scarred male Tyrannosaurus rex has the most personality of any of the statues, hands down. Every one of his wounds tells a story.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on May 30, 2013, 04:28:50 AM
The battle-scarred male Tyrannosaurus rex has the most personality of any of the statues, hands down. Every one of his wounds tells a story.

Believe it or not many don't like the scarred look, but I love it ! Tyrannosaurs are always found with a lot of damage..their lives must have been insanely dangerous it's awesome to have a piece that shows it.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 30, 2013, 05:25:03 AM
Believe it or not many don't like the scarred look .......

:o :o ....... Fools ;D!!

The Sideshow Krentz rex would be the very very last piece of my entire collection I'd give away!

....... I hope I'll never have to :-[.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2013, 12:37:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 30, 2013, 05:25:03 AM
Believe it or not many don't like the scarred look .......

:o :o ....... Fools ;D!!

The Sideshow Krentz rex would be the very very last piece of my entire collection I'd give away!

....... I hope I'll never have to :-[.

Agreed, I hope you never have to as well bud ! It's certainly one of my favorite pieces.

rfdelgado

They need to do a tableau of four or five predators of the same species feeding on a carcass, with different ages and stages of scarring, deterioration, etc.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 30, 2013, 10:09:04 PM
They need to do a tableau of four or five predators of the same species feeding on a carcass, with different ages and stages of scarring, deterioration, etc.

Agreed. I'll mention it to Jorge next time I talk to him. 

I did suggest to David he create a younger Rex figure to go with this piece from Sideshow as per the story he wrote  on it.

rfdelgado

A really cool Mammoth with gigantic tusks would be cool as well. I know, I know...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on June 02, 2013, 05:13:38 AM
A really cool Mammoth with gigantic tusks would be cool as well. I know, I know...

Keep reaching bud.. lol

Sean Cooper has a lot of really awesome prehistoric mammals already btw : http://www.paleocraft.com/

rfdelgado

Then there's the Armadillosuchus, but everyone says that's a chimera.

WIsh list:

Postosuchus
Acrocanthro
Amargasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on June 02, 2013, 05:22:56 AM
Then there's the Armadillosuchus, but everyone says that's a chimera.

WIsh list:

Postosuchus
Acrocanthro
Amargasaurus

I wouldn't mind an Amargasaurus at all would go nicely with the Carnotaurus.

I would like a :
Dromeosaur maquette
Giganotosaurus maquette
Therizinosaurus VS Tarbosaurus Dio
Another larger hadrosaur piece..kinda like the Stego maybe with young ?

That's off the top of my head. lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: