News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's another Tylo pic :

and another of the Styracosaurus :

This ones new paint I think changes the feel of the piece. Looking at mine compared this one is a bit more.. " severe " ? In terms of expression ? I think it's the eyes and higher contrasting patterns.

tyrantqueen

It's a Tylosaurus now? I thought it was just a Mosasaurus :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 05, 2014, 11:30:34 PM
It's a Tylosaurus now? I thought it was just a Mosasaurus :o

Sorry I toss the names around interchangeably sometimes.  For all I know it could be a Tylo though..they look so similar.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 05, 2014, 09:59:40 PM
I think it looks great. I do see your point though, TQ.
My goal is to collect all of the available Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus models ever. (As you may know, I'm a bit obsessed with this particular dino  ::) )
So, the re-release of the Sideshow is a dream come true.
Same here ;D!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2014, 11:22:54 PM
Here's another Tylo pic :

and another of the Styracosaurus :

This ones new paint I think changes the feel of the piece. Looking at mine compared this one is a bit more.. " severe " ? In terms of expression ? I think it's the eyes and higher contrasting patterns.
All three models look more and more amazing with each picture.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hope they get to the new T-Rex this year..looked really impressive ..and it will have a joinable base with the Triceratops.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2014, 12:32:06 AM
I hope they get to the new T-Rex this year..looked really impressive ..and it will have a joinable base with the Triceratops.
I hope so too...but I don't know how likely it is, seeing as how they are going to release the Mosasaurus, Spino, and Styracosaurus this year.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 06, 2014, 01:04:33 AM
I hope so too...but I don't know how likely it is, seeing as how they are going to release the Mosasaurus, Spino, and Styracosaurus this year.
I dunno if they count as releases...they're really just the same sculpts with new paintjobs. Most people don't count the bronze repaints as releases either, do they?

ITdactyl

hmmm... if Tupuxuara only had 4 votes... where are they?  Because I want one!

*disclaimer: please don't take that literally.  I know it was a limited run.  Still... were they just snapped up by the creature known as a "hoarder"....

Balaur

Oh crap! That mosasaur is so awesome! I want one so bad! So bad!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 06, 2014, 01:19:29 AM
I dunno if they count as releases...they're really just the same sculpts with new paintjobs. Most people don't count the bronze repaints as releases either, do they?

They are  releases for sure, but not totally new ones.  They will be easier to get out whenever they want since they are already sculpted, molded and at the factory. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on February 06, 2014, 01:49:11 AM
hmmm... if Tupuxuara only had 4 votes... where are they?  Because I want one!

*disclaimer: please don't take that literally.  I know it was a limited run.  Still... were they just snapped up by the creature known as a "hoarder"....

It was quite limited..I think about half as many as normal.  Sad to say some hoarders and scalpers probably bought more than one for themselves to re-sale for a higher price. It happens with everything that's limited though.  It was also a rather cheap piece for the line..that prompted a lot of first time buyers to take the plunge. 

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2014, 03:42:48 AM

They are  releases for sure, but not totally new ones.  They will be easier to get out whenever they want since they are already sculpted, molded and at the factory.
So does that mean we will be seeing the Blanco Tyrannosaurus and the Triceratops and baby this year? :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 06, 2014, 03:52:49 AM

So does that mean we will be seeing the Blanco Tyrannosaurus and the Triceratops and baby this year? :)
I hope so...
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 06, 2014, 03:52:49 AM

To be honest I've no idea. I used to try to figure Sideshow out but it's not worth the time and trouble.

Here's what we've heard so far :

- It was said the line was really revving up this year.
- Someone mentioned we would get three new pieces this year.
- There is slated to be a Mosasaur, new T-Rex, a ceratopsian ( most likely a Triceratops based on art work and un-named sources ) then perhaps a dromeosaur most likely Deinonychus.
- We just learned two new color variants , Spino and Styrac , will be released. ( seems likely this year ? )

Most of our info comes from Amazing Figure Modeler #55

I haven't yet read myself..just read what was posted in the Sideshow forums.

Blade-of-the-Moon

new Mosa pic :

Neat shot of the Dilo :

Seems the stegosaurus will also be getting a repaint too.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. Really love that Mosa!
Wait...the stego is getting repainted too?   ???
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Aww, that mosasaur looks so cuddly with his stubby flippers sticking out like that ;D Looks can be deceiving >:D

0onarcissisto0

Love that Mosasaur! Wonder how much it will be. I'm also really psyched about the new T-Rex. It looks quite bulky from the pictures in that issue of AFM. Sweet
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

tyrantqueen

What's the promotional shot of the Dilophosaurus for? I thought it had been already released?

The shark and the ammonite are a neat touch. It's a shame the mosasaur's tail doesn't have a caudal fin, but the the sculpt is still beautiful...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: