News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

postsaurischian

Quote from: Neven Florian on February 28, 2014, 06:59:02 PM
Wow. I'm going to buy this one in November, it's too beautiful ;D ;D

Waiting until November would be too risky for me ;D.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 28, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Do you think it'll sell out faster than usual? Just wondering.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 28, 2014, 09:33:55 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on February 28, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Do you think it'll sell out faster than usual? Just wondering.

I don't know. That's just me. Maybe a bit overanxious, erring on the side of caution when it comes to collecting ;D.
The U.S. sale starts now, Germany will start spring/summer ....... that's when I'm starting to get nervous ;D because I really want it ....... as I did with the baby Euoplocephalus ... but didn't have a cat in hell's chance :(.

Edit: Sorry, forget about it. In the second Sideshow thread which I wasn't following (confusing ::)) it is said that the release date is suspended.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You could place a pre-order with Dan.

tyrantqueen

I am close to preordering the mosasaur/tylosaurus/whatever it is from Dan's site, but I haven't yet because I am unsure about the scale of the model. I am fussy about these sort of things, and I don't want to order a model that will end up in the wrong scale from the rest of my collection.

Does anyone have any ideas about what scale it will be in? I've heard 1/20, but I don't know if it's true or not. Thanks :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Also, is there any news about the Rex, Trike, Spino, Styraco, et al?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 12, 2014, 12:45:10 AM
I am close to preordering the mosasaur/tylosaurus/whatever it is from Dan's site, but I haven't yet because I am unsure about the scale of the model. I am fussy about these sort of things, and I don't want to order a model that will end up in the wrong scale from the rest of my collection.

Does anyone have any ideas about what scale it will be in? I've heard 1/20, but I don't know if it's true or not. Thanks :)

Might be bigger than that. It's smaller than my Foulkes piece ( using the height and base measurements to gauge ). I don't think anyone's measured the head or actual piece at Sideshow to give a body length to extrapolate from.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 12, 2014, 02:58:56 AM
Also, is there any news about the Rex, Trike, Spino, Styraco, et al?

Nothing said as of yet.

tyrantqueen

Will Dan be selling the repainted Styracosaurus and Spinosaurus in his store?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 23, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

If they are released like all the other versions I would think so.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

That's the million dollar question :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 24, 2014, 09:18:35 AM

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer. It all depends on Sideshow and those that work on the line when/if they want to release info..I just sort of gather it and distribute it.  :/

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer. It all depends on Sideshow and those that work on the line when/if they want to release info..I just sort of gather it and distribute it.  :/
I was only joking :) It's easy to misunderstand stuff on the internet (even easier if you have an autism spectrum disorder, like I do)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 24, 2014, 06:43:59 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2014, 03:52:48 PM

I was only joking :) It's easy to misunderstand stuff on the internet (even easier if you have an autism spectrum disorder, like I do)

Oh okay, I'd hate to think I was letting a fan of the line down. I love posting updates..but there just isn't anyone talking and Sideshow is being their usual close-lipped self..not all like when the line first started.

boba ben

The repainted Spinosaurus and Styracosaurus are supposed to go up for pre-order next Thursday, April 17th.  I've got over $300 in reward points with Sideshow and I think I'll be using them on the Spino.  Now, if they could just rerelease  repainted versions of the Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara, I'd be all set.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: boba ben on April 11, 2014, 07:02:34 AM
The repainted Spinosaurus and Styracosaurus are supposed to go up for pre-order next Thursday, April 17th.  I've got over $300 in reward points with Sideshow and I think I'll be using them on the Spino.  Now, if they could just rerelease  repainted versions of the Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara, I'd be all set.

Cool.  It will be interesting to see just how well the Chinese factories are able to replicate such complex paint schemes.

rfdelgado

There are images of the repainted Styrac and Spino on the SS website. They look cool. I saw them at the Dino Gallery event at Creature Features a while back and they look terrific.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

That Spino is not going to escape me this time >:D It says preorders will start on April 17th...I really hope Dan has them in his store :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 16, 2014, 02:28:17 PM
That Spino is not going to escape me this time >:D It says preorders will start on April 17th...I really hope Dan has them in his store :)

I'm sure he will. The only pieces I think Dan ever mentioned having trouble getting was the Exclusives..but I don't think any of these will be exclusives..indeed I believe the skull thing has been dropped entirely.

Alternative base designs ? It looks like they just black rock or water on the existing base...I had thought that was a Mosa exclusive design but maybe it's a new look for the whole line.

Pricing is about what I expected..about 300.00 each. The Styrac I believe was quite a bit less when it came out and the Spino was a little less.  I'm thinking it was 299.99 ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: