News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Libraraptor

Voted Carnotaurus, Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara.

Paleogene Pals

Monsters in Motion is offering the repaint Spinosaurus for $299 and Styracosaurus for $259.99. But, you have to wait until January 15th, 2015, though, to get them.

rfdelgado

This is a good discussion.

I will say that I have the Camara/Allo maquette, and it might be my favorite of the series, of which I have most of.
I really enjoy that original paint job and like it more than the new repaint, though I think the new one shows off the amazing details a little more clearly.

I'd be happy with either version, yet I paid well on ebay for my piece and would be happy to have the new paint job in exchange for the regular Sideshow price.

That side allo running along the Camaro, look at that pose closely. The wieght of the left leg under the body is just unbelievable.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think that's the lighting really. The old paint I believe has more washes in the creases, you can see the scars and scratches in the Allosaur whereas in this one they are there but not painted in.

I do agree they are amazing in how the body is posed. Many seem impossible upon close inspection, It's pretty awesome !

tyrantqueen

Do the bronze versions also count as re-releases? Or were they released at the same time as the normal paintjobs? ???

DinoLord

The ones that did have bronze versions released had them released simultaneously with the regular maquettes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I actually think they came out a little later. Not at the same time if I recall correctly.  So I would count them as re-releases or variants.  They didn't seem very popular so they stopped after awhile.

tyrantqueen

New photos of the Camarasaurus Allosaurus maquette here: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-allosaurus-vs-camarasaurus-sideshow-collectibles-31033/?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Dinosauria+Click+Here&utm_content=Image+-+Dinosauria+Click+Here&utm_campaign=050814news

I do like that the orange and pale blue compliment each other nicely, and the fact that they seemed to have toned down the amount of blood coming from the Camara's wounds. I thought the large amount of blood was cheesy before...but your mileage may vary on that one.

dinoking

I  must admit that I am happy to see these figures re-issued and , in most cases , with better paint jobs than the orginals. I only bought two of the original series (the Spinosaurus and the Apatosaurus) so I am really thrilled to have a second chance to get the rest of them at  a good price. The piecies listed for sale on Ebay are incredibly expensive and I am glad that I did not  get into a bidding war and  "over- spend "to get them. Hopefully these  first few  re-painted versions will be in high demand so that Sideshow will consider doing the rest of them also. I do get however , the frustration  of those who bought  the original pieces and now consider them de-valued because of the  "Limited Edition" tag placed on them by Sideshow.  I think, in the future , that Sideshow should remove the "Limited Edition" tag from their figures.  My biggest concern right now is  finding the room to display them properly.  They are just so large and take up a lot of space. I would like to see how some of you display your sideshow pieces especially those who have quite a few of them.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI would like to see how some of you display your sideshow pieces especially those who have quite a few of them.
I know some people like to display their models in a glass cabinets...I'm jealous >:D It's just a simple shelf for me :-[

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mine are on table tops, counters, shelves, ect..basically wherever I can find space. lol

Paleogene Pals

My Spinosaurus and hopefully, one day, Apatosaurus, come on SS!, will occupy a great place of honor in my house, next to the TV in the living room.

fabricious

I chose Apatosaurus, Stegosaurus and Carnotaurus, with the Stego definitely being my favorite. Great maquettes, maybe I will own one some day.

dinoking

The only 2 Sideshow piecies I currently own are on top of my "Fossil Cabinets" in my family room. It is not an ideal location fot them since they are up way too high to get a good look at them (near the ceiling). I am in the process of building large cabinets  which run the entire length of the  finished part of my basement to display my dinosaur models. It is a big project that will probably take a few years to compelte but should give me adequate display space for most of my smaller and medium size models. I still don't know where I am going to put my larger pieces (1/20 scale and above). My collection is definetly too large for the space I have now.

rfdelgado

I'm happy people can pick up the re-issues. I'm a big fan of the Euoplacepholus maquette and hope they do more smaller pieces like that in the future, in addition to the big boys.

Paleogene Pals

Has there been even the faintest whiff of an Apatosaur rumbling our way?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 19, 2014, 03:32:54 AM

If there was I don't think you'd like it... P.U.  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 19, 2014, 03:32:54 AM
Maybe they are testing the waters with the three new re-releases. If they prove popular enough, who knows, maybe we could see the whole line re-released :o I know that will upset veterans, but it is a possibility. Money makes the world go 'round :-\

Paleogene Pals

Blade, I live in South Dakota and Iowa before that. Around here, we call that the smell of money!  8)  Kinda gives new meaning to the term 'dirty money'.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 19, 2014, 01:17:47 PM
Blade, I live in South Dakota and Iowa before that. Around here, we call that the smell of money!  8)  Kinda gives new meaning to the term 'dirty money'.

I thought that was coal mining ?  lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: