News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

postsaurischian

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 06, 2014, 09:29:34 AM
I wish they'd also release the tupuxuara.

I have no doubt that Sideshow will re-release every single maquette and diorama.
They're only in it for the money ;).

CityRaptor

Well, it's not like there is no demand for it and even if they make a second run those would still be fairly rare. I wonder how it would look with this color-scheme:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

That carno! Its beautifull! I hope I could get both!

tyrantqueen

QuoteThey're only in it for the money ;).
Aren't they all :)

Patrx

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 06, 2014, 01:28:27 PM
Well, it's not like there is no demand for it and even if they make a second run those would still be fairly rare. I wonder how it would look with this color-scheme:

Isn't that one of those battery gizmos from Kyoryuger? It's a surprisingly nice pterosaur design, considering the goofy aesthetics of that show.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 06, 2014, 02:25:31 PM
QuoteThey're only in it for the money ;).
Aren't they all :)

There are some that still care about creating a quality product you can get behind. Money is always a factor, but it shouldn't be the driving force for an artist I think. 

The odd thing is Sideshow hasn't done this any of their other lines to my knowledge.

Gorgonzola

Haha, I think I'm the only one that prefers the new paint schemes over the originals. These are way more interesting to me.

And Primal Rage! I was trying to think why it seemed familiar. The comparison makes me laugh since it's pretty dead on, but I love it regardless. That animal just seems suited for some sort of smoke and fire color scheme.

IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

tanystropheus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 06, 2014, 10:09:53 AM
Quote from: ITdactyl on June 06, 2014, 09:29:34 AM
I wish they'd also release the tupuxuara.

I have no doubt that Sideshow will re-release every single maquette and diorama.
They're only in it for the money ;).

TUPUXUARA, Please ;D

...and maybe that euoplocephalus baby

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 05, 2014, 04:47:35 AM
*Hyperventilates* :D

And yeah, the colour scheme is a bit like the Schleich Brachiosaurus

Also, Carno re-release: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/carnotaurus-statue/

Yup, that's the one!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gorgonzola on June 06, 2014, 06:19:36 PM
Haha, I think I'm the only one that prefers the new paint schemes over the originals. These are way more interesting to me.

And Primal Rage! I was trying to think why it seemed familiar. The comparison makes me laugh since it's pretty dead on, but I love it regardless. That animal just seems suited for some sort of smoke and fire color scheme.

I like the Spino and the Apato..just not enough to re-buy af figure I already have. ;)  And I'm not convinced the Chinese factories will be able to reproduce these as well as Riojas made them. They did a mediocre job on the rest of the line after the first 3 or so pieces.

I can see why it be appealing..I like Ricardo's red Carno from AoR his name was Demon I think.  But after Disney red on a Carno seems overdone. The old paint scheme felt more like a south american jungle predator to me. :)

Paleogene Pals

I did what had to be done. Now it is finished. I preordered the Apato from Dan. It is the arrogance of man to think that they can control my nature. Let me order.

rfdelgado

There's a pic of the new rex up!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on June 12, 2014, 11:03:31 PM
There's a pic of the new rex up!

Where did you see it bud ? I can't find one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nevermind, found it in my newsletter...and it is EPIC !!!

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Patrx

*Sigh* Still no feathers. Ah, well. It's not as though I need another Tyrannosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on June 12, 2014, 11:28:19 PM
*Sigh* Still no feathers. Ah, well. It's not as though I need another Tyrannosaurus.

I know bud..but we haven't 100% proof positive of it on T-Rex as of yet..so though it would be cool to finally have a high end feathered Rex piece I'm still pretty satisfied with this one. 

It really looks like a fleshed SUE...so bulky and beautiful!

Paleogene Pals

tyrantqueen

Jorge Blanco really prefers dulls colour schemes for his dinos, doesn't he? Still, I'm not complaining, he seems to know his stuff when it comes to anatomy. Another one to add to the list >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 13, 2014, 02:17:11 AM
Jorge Blanco really prefers dulls colour schemes for his dinos, doesn't he? Still, I'm not complaining, he seems to know his stuff when it comes to anatomy. Another one to add to the list >:D

I don't think he chooses them though. I think it's more Sideshow tells Riojas or the other artists what to paint it.

Jorgre's dinos to have some color :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: