News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2014, 11:15:47 PM
Nevermind, found it in my newsletter...and it is EPIC !!!

:o :o :o

PERFECTION

SpartanSquat

That is Awesome!
@Blade. In the newsletter appears the release date?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on June 13, 2014, 12:54:22 PM
That is Awesome!
@Blade. In the newsletter appears the release date?

No it doesn't say that. I guess we'll know what it is next week when it goes up for pre-order.

It's been suggested it will be early-mid 2015.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2014, 11:15:47 PM
Nevermind, found it in my newsletter...and it is EPIC !!!

Nice! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dan

Today is the official unveiling of the new Dinosauria "Tyrant King" piece by Jorge Blanco. More details should be arriving shortly, but I have several new photos posted at the Dan's Dinosaurs Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/DansDinosaurs

Roselaar

SpartanSquat

Its my idea or in the newsletter pic the t-rex its grey and the new pics is brownish?

postsaurischian

:o Awesome!

@ Sideshow: I like the "new-sculpting" much better than the "re-painting of old sculpts".

Seijun

Would look awesome in bronze.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on June 19, 2014, 08:52:50 PM
Its my idea or in the newsletter pic the t-rex its grey and the new pics is brownish?

Lighting.

I like the EX..a nice half eaten dino corpse..the whole pose and EX reminds of the Prehistoric Beast tyrannosaur. :)

Neven Florian

He is really amazing.

PS; Is the new sideshow mosasaur a sculpture of the one in Jurassic World?
I believe that I saw he was like a "preview" for JW (I think) :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Neven Florian on June 20, 2014, 09:21:16 AM
He is really amazing.

PS; Is the new sideshow mosasaur a sculpture of the one in Jurassic World?
I believe that I saw he was like a "preview" for JW (I think) :)

Not that I'm aware. There apparently is a Mosasaur of some sort in JW and it may look like this one to a degree but there are no official ties.  That said someone may have used a pic of him in an article somewhere.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2014, 05:21:52 AM

Lighting.

I like the EX..a nice half eaten dino corpse..the whole pose and EX reminds of the Prehistoric Beast tyrannosaur. :)
You asre right! Butthe tyrannosaur from Prehistoric Beast is an Albertosaurus. Tippett said it 2 years ago in the video.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on June 20, 2014, 05:23:36 PM

Lighting.

You asre right! Butthe tyrannosaur from Prehistoric Beast is an Albertosaurus. Tippett said it 2 years ago in the video.

I thought so. Which is why I said " tyrannosaur " and not T-Rex or Tyrannosaurus. Albertosaurus is a species of tyrannosaur after all.  ^-^

rfdelgado

The extra statue of the consumed corpse looks awesome.

Ordered this baby!

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

Lighting.

I thought so. Which is why I said " tyrannosaur " and not T-Rex or Tyrannosaurus. Albertosaurus is a species of tyrannosaur after all.  ^-^
Ops sorry, I didnt read it well. But yes looks like Phil Tippett Tyrannosaur.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on June 21, 2014, 12:09:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2014, 05:36:00 PM

Lighting.

Ops sorry, I didnt read it well. But yes looks like Phil Tippett Tyrannosaur.

No worries.  :)

It's more the overall feel of the piece I think at this point.  That might go away after the Triceratops is released to go with it.

It would be awesome if someone re-created a the tyrannosaur and monoclonius from Prehistoric Beast in kit format..I'd be all over one.

tyrantqueen

I wonder what the scale for the new Tyrannosaurus is going to be. I would have guessed 1/18-ish, but the $380+ price tag suggests to me that it could be bigger. The aged Tyrannosaurus that David Krentz sculpted for the line was only $209 in comparison. Even the 1/10 Stegosaurus was less expensive, at $350. Any thoughts?

SpittersForEver

I'm not an expert but have worked with some Tamiya and Airfix scale model kits. I'd guess 1/12 though I think that would be a bit big.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 01:51:55 PM
I wonder what the scale for the new Tyrannosaurus is going to be. I would have guessed 1/18-ish, but the $380+ price tag suggests to me that it could be bigger. The aged Tyrannosaurus that David Krentz sculpted for the line was only $209 in comparison. Even the 1/10 Stegosaurus was less expensive, at $350. Any thoughts?

Well Sideshow has increased it's prices a bit since David's Rex. They blew the cap on price for the line they originally set already, which I think was 300-350.00 max?   

Shane's Rex is 31" and 1:15 scale,  Sideshow/Jorge's new beast is listed as 30" long I would say it's about the same scale taking into account differences in species.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: