News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

DinoLord

Does Sideshow still do dinosaur Christmas ornaments?

Blade-of-the-Moon

They haven't done one since the first was released.

DinoLord

I thought they did two? The Euoplocephalus and Brachiosaurus babies

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DinoLord on September 03, 2014, 11:56:03 AM
I thought they did two? The Euoplocephalus and Brachiosaurus babies
The Euoplo wasn't a Christmas ornament. If you tried to hang that on your tree, it'd probably topple over...unless you are one of those people who has a real tree at Christmas time ;)

Wasn't there a baby Styracosaurus too?

Does anyone know whether the ornaments hollow to save weight? That would make sense if it's going to be hung from a Christmas tree.

DinoLord

Ah I see. What I was thinking was smaller sculptures easier on both collection space and the wallet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Styracosaurus there was created by a Sideshow forum member..he planned to do one for each piece i nthe line but I guess interest fell off.

The Brachio ornament is hollow cast..but pretty durable. I knocked mine off the table once and it hit the floor and rolled..no damage.

The Ankylosaur is the 2nd in a line of more affordable pieces, the pterosaur was first.  Each was only around 100.00 when released. But collectors gobbled them up quick.

DinoLord

Is there a general annual timeline for new Sideshow pieces to be announced? Hopefully all these reissues don't mean less upcoming new sculpts...  :-\

postsaurischian

Wow! Urzeitshop got a bunch of Sideshow statues from a collector.
The Apatosaurus was sold for EUR 450.00 and the Tyrannosaurus was gone in seconds for EUR 590.00 :o.
http://www.urzeitshop.de/
We haven't seen a newly coloured re-issue of the later yet.
Maybe we never will, because they're offering a new T. rex next year :-\.
That would probably make the Krentz Tyrannosaurus the most sought after Sideshow Dinosaur in the future.

tanystropheus

They should seriously considering re-releasing the Euoplo baby in another color. And for $49.  >:D ;D

GeorgeLaw

My kids seem to absolutely love these sideshow collectibles, they just can't get enough of dinosaurs!! Too bad the sideshows are so expensive.

Arul

Im saving for mosasaur now im really want to have it because the center of gravity is amazing and it look like a truly cold blooded killer :D look perfect for diorama model too

Dyscrasia

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 20, 2014, 08:58:41 PM
They should seriously considering re-releasing the Euoplo baby in another color. And for $49.  >:D ;D

I agree! I have actually contacted SSC staff and some others about this, but never received any answers  :-[

Paleogene Pals

Dan's Dinosaur's website says the release date for the spino is October 31? Is that still a go? I can't wait ! My first Sideshow Dinosauria.

Arul

Martin garrat just post his new arrival mosasaur statue by sideshow on his fb account !!

postsaurischian

:D I got my Mosasaur statue (600/1000), it's freakin' AWESOME! I'm very happy with it.
      Already one of my favourite models. Some more pics here.

Shonisaurus

Of course the figures are outstanding, worth to be as expensive, but it is still a good investment, it also needs a spacious house to contain such gems.

Arul

TJ_Terrorsaur

I would love to have the money (and space) for the Sideshow Dinosaurs, but alas I do not. Though a lot of the remakes look spectacular I have to say from the images I liked how the Spinosaurus looked before the repaint, now he just looks....ill?

Arul

Ill...hehehe maybe you right i think so  :P

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ARUL on April 01, 2015, 06:44:07 AM
Ill...hehehe maybe you right i think so  :P

;) Perhaps, heh. The browns they put on him just look so meh. But hey if I somehow save to buy one of these maybe someone on eBay will have the original Sideshow Spinosaurus. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: