News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 21, 2013, 12:49:50 AM
I like the pterosaur they have but it seems hard to find.

It is..the Tupuxuara was limited like the regular pieces, but had regular edition and it was also quite cheap so everyone bought them up..just like the Euoplocephalus.

A Postosuchus would cool..but like prehistoric marine reptiles and such it's not exactly one of the Dinosauria ..so I doubt we'll see one.

rfdelgado

I don't mind if they deviate from doing dinosaurs, they've already done a pterosaur. To me, the line is called Dinosauria, but the critters depicted could still be divergent. Love to see a Diplocaulus, for example.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 21, 2013, 06:45:33 PM
I don't mind if they deviate from doing dinosaurs, they've already done a pterosaur. To me, the line is called Dinosauria, but the critters depicted could still be divergent. Love to see a Diplocaulus, for example.

I don't mind some deviation..prehistoric marine reptiles are very popular for instance. I'm not sure I'd shell out so much for a Diplocaulus though. If that Japanese company ever releases their version you will get an awesome piece there and probably cheaper.

boba ben

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find these pieces.  I did get a pretty great deal on the Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama, but things have been pretty dry since then.  I tried to buy a Spinosaurus from a French retailer, but they refunded my money and told me it was out of stock.  Pretty disappointing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are quite difficult to find..and for decent prices. I'd start off ordering the newer pieces and then save to pick up the older ones when they surface.

boba ben

Yes, I have the dilophosaurus maquette on order.  It's pretty crazy how much some of those buy-it-now listings for these items are on ebay.  rfdelgado seems to have a lot more luck than me finding these things, it seems.  I would have never thought to check Amazon for a carnotaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If you don't already check out the listings on Sideshowcollectors.com  , there are a lot of only Sideshow item collectors there with a good over turn of items . 

rfdelgado

I think the Diplocaulus might be cool as a smaller piece like the pterosaur and brachiosaur egg. Something small, wet-painted, painted colorfully and 50 bucks-ish.

As for some of the posts above, try expanding your ebay search for worldwide, then going to, say, ebay

boba ben

I'm actually a very active member of the Sideshow Freaks forum.  I've been there since 2006 and have over 10k posts.  That's actually where I was able to obtain the deinosuchus diorama.  Unfortunately, though, it's very rare to see someone selling dinosauria statues.  It's usually all Marvel stuff and things like that.

I have been expanding my search to worldwide on ebay, but even then, it's pretty slim pickings.  I'll just have to be patient and strike fast when the opportunity presents itself.

rfdelgado

Boba,

There's a Deinosuchus/ Parasaurolphus piece on Amazon for 269.00 if you're looking for one...

boba ben

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 22, 2013, 06:34:02 PM
Boba,

There's a Deinosuchus/ Parasaurolphus piece on Amazon for 269.00 if you're looking for one...

I actually already got that diorama from a guy on Sideshow Freaks.   I think it was already gone  on Amazon by the time I looked anyhow.  Thanks for looking out for me, though.

rfdelgado

You're welcome.

I lost a ebay uk bid on the pterosaur last night. Damn those 3 AM end of auctions!

boba ben

Sorry you lost the tupuxuara auction.  That's a very cool little statue.  I wish I had just bought one for $100 back during SDCC 2010.

I was lucky enough to purchase the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama from Craigslist of all places.  It cost me a little over $400 to have it shipped to me and everything, but I don't see too many of those available, so I figured it might be my only shot.  I'm really looking forward to receiving it and seeing it in person.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: boba ben on May 26, 2013, 01:52:16 PM
Sorry you lost the tupuxuara auction.  That's a very cool little statue.  I wish I had just bought one for $100 back during SDCC 2010.

I was lucky enough to purchase the Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama from Craigslist of all places.  It cost me a little over $400 to have it shipped to me and everything, but I don't see too many of those available, so I figured it might be my only shot.  I'm really looking forward to receiving it and seeing it in person.

It's a really awesome piece. The Dios always featured so much action...the Allo VS Camara is no exception. The eye tends to be drawn everywhere there is so much detail. Display it in full view and every time you walk by it you'll appreciate a different aspect. The story also really helps flesh out the scene.  I'm not sure why Sideshow has stopped doing the Diorama pieces..we haven't had one in quite awhile. Of course they are using multiple dinosaurs now in the last couple species albeit the same species.

rfdelgado

If you go to ebay uk they have a allo vs. camaro for sale. The craigslist is a good idea Ben, but when I went there it asked me which region I'm from and so forth and I eventually gave up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 26, 2013, 03:39:16 PM
If you go to ebay uk they have a allo vs. camaro for sale. The craigslist is a good idea Ben, but when I went there it asked me which region I'm from and so forth and I eventually gave up.

That is one issue with Craiglist, I love to use it locally but it should have an option to search nationwide.

boba ben

I lucked out and it popped up when I did a google search.  It's actually located in California, but I was able to convince the seller to ship it to me.  Now I've got all the dioramas other than the T-Rex vs. Triceratops.  I set out with a focus on the Carnotaurus maquette as my most wanted, but I've clearly branched out quite a lot.  :))

Just by looking at the pics online, I think this is going to my favorite that I currently own.

boba ben

Hey guys.  I noticed my velociraptor has a paint fleck on one of the talons on his broken hand.  Do any of you that have experience with modeling and painting know what color or color combination and brand I might use to fix this? Sorry for the blurriness.

rfdelgado

I'd call Sideshow and ask what they're policy is on stuff like that. The pieces are expensive, and there should be some kind of assistance or service to cover that.

boba ben

I might e-mail Sideshow.  I doubt they'll be able to help me much as this statue is really old, but maybe they can give me some idea of what paint shade to use.  I'm looking at some of the citadel colors for those little Warhammer game pieces, but it's really tough finding something that seems to match the exact shade of the velociraptor's claw.  I don't have much artistic talent or experience mixing shades, so it's tough.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: