News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

That mammoth is really interesting Deanm.  Reminds me of the 4D Vision one, just looks simpler.

darylj

Any give me any info? Picked this all up today at a cartoon sale.  I know the invicta, but whats the rest? Two have a ip2 logo?

[attachment msg=18264][/attachment]

Ikessauro

Quote from: darylj on September 09, 2012, 09:44:54 PM
Any give me any info? Picked this all up today at a cartoon sale.  I know the invicta, but whats the rest? Two have a ip2 logo?

One of them is obviously a Papo Pachycephalosaurus;. Aside from this and the Invicta Megalosaurus, there's two JP dinos and the rest are random chinasaurs. I think that the big Ankylosaur is the UKRD Ankylosaurus, but I'm not quite sure.

darylj

sorry, i thought id typed the papo... haha...
yeah i thought they wer jsut randoms... but hey.. the whole lot cost me £3.50... bargain in my opinion!

Ikessauro

Quote from: darylj on September 09, 2012, 09:53:03 PM
sorry, i thought id typed the papo... haha...
yeah i thought they wer jsut randoms... but hey.. the whole lot cost me £3.50... bargain in my opinion!

Aw, yeah, this sure was a lucky find.

deanm

The Stegosaurus is a chinasaur knock-off of the Battat one. A nice haul for the price and contents. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Megacervixasaurus? This one came today....actually a very decent figure given the low price and so forth. I was not fond of the color match between tail and neck and body pieces, but still not had for a three piece throw together.

[attachment msg=18361][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

My sister just visited and gave me a copy of the graphic novel Xenozoic as a present. Awesome stuff! 350 pages of dinosaur goodies! Only downside it's in black and white. Great cover though!

tyrantqueen

Here is my recent haul. A Battat Acrocanthosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus, 2 issues of Prehistoric Times, and Gregory S Paul's Predatory Dinosaurs of the World.

8)

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 10, 2012, 11:29:24 PM
Here is my recent haul. A Battat Acrocanthosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus, 2 issues of Prehistoric Times, and Gregory S Paul's Predatory Dinosaurs of the World.

8)

Amazing adquistion. You have the Battat Acro. You are a lucky girl  ^-^. I would like to get this figure  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

TyrantQueen isn't the only one to get a book and a pachycephalosaur in the mail. Here are my latest acquisitions; the Invicta Iguanodon, Safari Dracorex and of course, "Dinosaur Art".

Bokisaurus

So, I did get some new additions  ;D
Paposaurs, yes, got the brown version of the rex and a second trike (for repaint) ;D I could not pass it up, I paid $5.00 each, brand new with tags! :o >:D

The trio

Bokisaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 10, 2012, 09:19:02 PM
Megacervixasaurus? This one came today....actually a very decent figure given the low price and so forth. I was not fond of the color match between tail and neck and body pieces, but still not had for a three piece throw together.

It is a nice figures, I have 3 of them, the two brown and a grey. I think the color match is due to the fact that each part came separately, and maybe even produced from different plastic batches. I have seen others that are good match, but others that had the same issues as yours.
My other brown had the same issues, while the other one match nicely.

sauroid

just got some new(ish) ones recently
Kabaya Triceratops (without a base)

Sega Vignetteum Triceratops with chick

together (they look compatible)

Sega vignetteum Amargasaurus

Furuta Brachiosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Excellent additions y'all! That Paleo Art book look stunning!

Got some stuff in myself. First, some recent Chap Mei additions:

Second, a friend from JPtoys quit collecting. He sold all his stuff, and what he couldn't sell elsewhere, he sold to me for a very fair price considering how big the lot was. First, the JP human figures and vehicles:

Second, the JP dinosaurs:

JP wise there was nothing new for me in there, just stuff I don't mind having more doubles off.  ;D However, he also included these in his lot:

Maybe not the best Schleich figures, but these are decent enough. And Paninisaurs always kick ass!  ^-^

mnemosaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
JP wise there was nothing new for me in there, just stuff I don't mind having more doubles off.  ;D

Congrats with your new additions! But I guess 'more doubles' is a bit of a euphemism when looking at your massive collection  ;)

Jetoar

Quote from: mnemosaurus on September 12, 2012, 11:14:38 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
JP wise there was nothing new for me in there, just stuff I don't mind having more doubles off.  ;D

Congrats with your new additions! But I guess 'more doubles' is a bit of a euphemism when looking at your massive collection  ;)

Yes, i think the same you have a massive collection and now, more  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

EmperorDinobot

Speaking of doubles, I got a Snap Jaw Velociraptor...that doesn't seem to fit in the scheme of things due to its large size. Anybody want it?

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 12, 2012, 12:24:39 PM
Speaking of doubles, I got a Snap Jaw Velociraptor...that doesn't seem to fit in the scheme of things due to its large size. Anybody want it?

Tempted, I only got two of those.  :)) But it's not on my want list per se, so I'll pass this time.

Jetoar

Today I have bought a Cyclops Raptor with its capture gear and the last week I bought a WWD Postosuchus for my girlfriend. I will share the images when they will arrive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: