News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

I got a couple of things while on a uni field trip. On this trip we were visiting museums in rural areas to see how these kind of places operated. Two of these were fossil museums, and so they sold dinosaur things in their shops.

From the National Fossil and Mineral Collection in Bathurst I got one set of the Wild Republic dinosaurs (Iguanodon, Triceratops, "Velociraptor", and Diplodocus) and three fossil shark teeth. And from the Age of Fishes museum in Canowindra I got a puzzle egg "Scelidosaurus" which looks nothing like a Scelidosaurus because it's actually meant to be a crocodile (originally from a Japanese line called Tamagoras, which was later imported as part of the He-Man line) and was repurposed as a dinosaur for this particular line.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

A test subject- I mean new volunteer for a repaint  >:D I got this guy on eBay.

While looking around for Invicta Liopleurodons, I bid on one but was overbid (it went for about £35+)
I decided to try one more time, and found this guy being sold by a different seller. I won it for £5.00 :o

Coke

These are my latest acquisitions ^-^

Schleich Stego and the Papos.

Retro but in my opinion magnificent oviraptor (one of my fav dinosaurs).

And last but not least, a failed Schleich raptor that at least will make company to Paporaptor.

Brontozaurus

I got CollectA's dead Triceratops the other day. Despite being (or perhaps because it is) a bloody corpse, it's my favourite figure this year.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Jetoar

Quote from: Coke on September 26, 2012, 04:47:36 PM
These are my latest acquisitions ^-^

Schleich Stego and the Papos.

Retro but in my opinion magnificent oviraptor (one of my fav dinosaurs).

And last but not least, a failed Schleich raptor that at least will make company to Paporaptor.

Good acquisitions friend. You have lot of figures of Papo and Schleich  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Coke

Quote from: Jetoar on September 27, 2012, 10:20:50 AM

Good acquisitions friend. You have lot of figures of Papo and Schleich  ^-^.

I haven't other choice here in Spain. I'll buy online for Christmas. Still, I really like these  ^-^

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 27, 2012, 03:21:02 AM
I got CollectA's dead Triceratops the other day. Despite being (or perhaps because it is) a bloody corpse, it's my favourite figure this year.

I look forward to having this. I think it's a fantastic figure!

SBell

From a retail point of view, that is the favourite of a lot of people--kids love it, and even parents/adults think it's very clever. It is really just the only one of its ilk out there. Plus, it's really well done.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on September 27, 2012, 02:29:23 PM

From a retail point of view, that is the favourite of a lot of people--kids love it, and even parents/adults think it's very clever. It is really just the only one of its ilk out there. Plus, it's really well done.

I for one wouldn't even consider buying a figure of any dead animal. But that's just me :).

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 27, 2012, 05:48:07 PM

I for one wouldn't even consider buying a figure of any dead animal. But that's just me :).

Every dinosaur figure is a figure of a dead animal.  ;D They're just in taxidermy poses! ;)

Patrx

I must say I'm in the same boat, so to speak. Real shame too, it's a lovely Triceratops.

tyrantqueen

I agree, I was never interested in that trike corpse model. Plus, the lolling tongue just looks too comical.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on September 27, 2012, 06:01:24 PM

Every dinosaur figure is a figure of a dead animal.  ;D They're just in taxidermy poses! ;)

;D  he, he ... Touché!

darylj

Grabbed my first three dinowaurs. And made progress on the papo pachy

[attachment msg=19960][/attachment]

SBell

Thanks to shadowarceus I now possess the very cool Dinosaur King expo set. All 7, including the Yutyrannus. One surprise for me is that there are seven bodies, and seven bases--but 8 tails!  It turns out, with the Allosaurus/Stegosaurus pair, they can have their tails inserted individually and display separately; or there is a special tail that unites them together, with a thagomizer going through the base of the allosaur tail!

I also just got the Dino Expo 2004 Microraptor from the same person. Awesome. Halfway there on that set now!

postsaurischian

Quote from: darylj on September 27, 2012, 08:30:12 PM
....... progress on the papo pachy

Wow! I like the Pachy's repose :). Well done!

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on September 27, 2012, 10:01:17 PM
...thagomizer ...

Coolest. word. ever.

tyrantqueen

Shapeways Lambeosaurus 1/40 scale, ultra frosted detail, by Angie Rodrigues. I only got shipping confirmation for this guy a couple of days ago, I was really surprised. I always assumed they shipped from the US, but they're a Netherlands based company right?

I picked ultra frosted detail because I intend to paint it, and I wanted as much detail as possible :)

Also, since I am a Shapeways noob, I have a question- I heard that you're supposed to wash the models before painting. I just used washing up liquid and water. Should I be using something different? Thanks.

Jetoar

I have bought in ebay two figures of Transformers DOTM: Megatron and Shockwave cheaper than Spain the last wednesday. The last saturday arrive my new figure: Cyclops raptor of Jurassic Park: The Lost World (this figure never arrive to Spain).

Now I have another figure for my collection of Jurassic Park  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 28, 2012, 11:40:56 AM
Shapeways Lambeosaurus 1/40 scale, ultra frosted detail, by Angie Rodrigues. I only got shipping confirmation for this guy a couple of days ago, I was really surprised. I always assumed they shipped from the US, but they're a Netherlands based company right?

Also, since I am a Shapeways noob, I have a question- I heard that you're supposed to wash the models before painting. I just used washing up liquid and water. Should I be using something different? Thanks.

Meanwhile Shapeways established a U.S. department. All U.S. orders are being shipped from there.
David Krentz recommends a toothbrush and warm water to remove the gel from the model. Somehow this doesn't work for me. I just use my thumbs - nothing else (yes, friction too, of course). You should test it on the body, it's the least breakable part of the figure. Rub it with your thumb and you'll see the gel removing.

Roselaar

My latest acquisitions, courtesy of mnemosaurus:

Bunch of Series 1 and 5 Kaiyodosaurs:

Bandai Pteranodon

That Carnotaurus is soooo pretty...  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: