News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: rubicon on November 08, 2012, 01:12:34 PM
My Papo Brachiosaurus just got in from Germany:

The Brachiosaurus looks quite majestic, especially when juxtaposed with the rest of the Papo collection.  Super cool assortment of superheroes/villains in the background  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: docronnie on November 08, 2012, 03:23:52 PM
Awesome acquisitions, guys!  :)

Got my first Dinosaur:

Triceratops by Schleich

I like the bronze tint on your Schleich Triceratops. It's a pretty good first dinosaur. I'm not a fan of the dragon feet, though.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Archosaur on November 03, 2012, 03:48:34 PM
Papo Brachiosaur arrived today, only four days after I placed my order :)
Capturing the 'true' colors of the thing on photo with artificial light is not easy, but I hope you enjoy them - I think you get the picture :)

In daylight (more truthful colors on these pics):

Beautiful pictures. I'm loving the subtle red stripes.

Jetoar

Amazing photographs and congratulations for your new acquisition  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 09, 2012, 04:46:44 AM
Quote from: docronnie on November 08, 2012, 03:23:52 PM
Awesome acquisitions, guys!  :)

Got my first Dinosaur:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff180/doc_ronnie/All%20Toys/Dinosaur/Triceratops---1.jpg
Triceratops by Schleich

I like the bronze tint on your Schleich Triceratops. It's a pretty good first dinosaur. I'm not a fan of the dragon feet, though.

Thanks tanystropheus!  I'm still learning and glad to learn more here.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Jetoar on November 08, 2012, 12:45:39 PM
Oh I would like to read Prehistoric Times some day  ^-^.

Well, they are readily available on Ebay, if you want one. They come direct from the source:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/pretimes/m.html?hash=item2ec337edf9&item=200843718137&pt=Magazines&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
I brought my second issue last week. Still thinking about if I should subscribe or not. But since my first was the 100th issue, I wanted to see if it is much different from a regular one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 09, 2012, 07:17:59 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on November 08, 2012, 12:45:39 PM
Oh I would like to read Prehistoric Times some day  ^-^.

Well, they are readily available on Ebay, if you want one. They come direct from the source:
http://www.ebay.de/sch/pretimes/m.html?hash=item2ec337edf9&item=200843718137&pt=Magazines&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
I brought my second issue last week. Still thinking about if I should subscribe or not. But since my first was the 100th issue, I wanted to see if it is much different from a regular one.

If you buy them directly from his website he keeps more of the proceeds for PT itself, instead of ebay fees.

www.prehistorictimes.com

CityRaptor

Oh, it also seems like ordering directly from there is also cheaper in case of back issues.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

Thanks friends for help me  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Jetoar

Today I bougth Geoworld T-rex Skeleton and Collecta big Velociraptor with good price. I will share images of them.

Ikessauro

Got these a couple of days ago, but only had the chance to photograph them today. WWD Stegosaurus and T.rex with blooded mouth by Toyway; I already have a normal T.rex and a Stegosaurus, both in the original packing, but wanted them loose too.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 10, 2012, 08:54:48 PM
Got these a couple of days ago, but only had the chance to photograph them today. WWD Stegosaurus and T.rex with blooded mouth by Toyway; I already have a normal T.rex and a Stegosaurus, both in the original packing, but wanted them loose too.

Congratulations for your acquisition, I am waiting my WWD figures  ^-^.

DinoToyForum

So, is it confirmed that there are two paint versions of the WWD T. rex? One of them bloodied?

Jetoar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 10, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
So, is it confirmed that there are two paint versions of the WWD T. rex? One of them bloodied?

Yes My T-Rex is Bloodied also.

Jetoar

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 10, 2012, 10:46:17 PM

Yes, I tought it was already common knowledge that there were two T.rex versions. Here's a photo by Boki with his rexes; I hope he doesn't mind me posting it.

Roselaar

That bloodied mouth T-Rex is a real variation? It looks so cheaply done, I thought it was a custom... But then, this is already easily the worst WWD figure by Toyway.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on November 11, 2012, 11:44:43 AM
That bloodied mouth T-Rex is a real variation? It looks so cheaply done, I thought it was a custom... But then, this is already easily the worst WWD figure by Toyway.

When I had one, it had the red mouth. I think it was a later production choice (along with the snowshoe) to make the figure more menacing or something. Even though it remained as static as the rest of the line.

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on November 11, 2012, 02:29:34 PM

When I had one, it had the red mouth. I think it was a later production choice (along with the snowshoe) to make the figure more menacing or something. Even though it remained as static as the rest of the line.

Was there a version without the snowshoe?

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 11, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 11, 2012, 02:29:34 PM

Was there a version without the snowshoe?

I think there was, like the other theropod figures (Allosaurus and Utahrptor); but the T.rex was so badly balanced they needed to add the little base.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: