News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JurassicJr

Here's my latest Dinosaur collectibles haul...
Papo:
Brachiosaurus
Baby Tyrannosaurus.
Safari:
Carnegie Brachiosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Vagaceratops
Schleich:
Tyrannosaurus rex
Velociraptor.
Quetzalcoatlus
:)

Jetoar

Very good acquisitions :)  ^-^. Congratulations for your Brachiosaurus, Carnegie and Papo  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

lcamiro

Last piece for completing the collection: Missing Links Neanderthal Child

Ikessauro

Quote from: lcamiro on November 16, 2012, 05:47:28 PM

I envy you so much right now. I only miss this one and the adult male.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 16, 2012, 05:50:40 PM

That looks like an old man's head stuck on a midget's body, it does not look like a child at all.

lcamiro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 16, 2012, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on November 16, 2012, 05:50:40 PM

That looks like an old man's head stuck on a midget's body, it does not look like a child at all.

Hehehehe Tyrantqueen, indeed. Looks like a rough boy!!!  maybe enough to fight the Smilodon or Coelodonta that comes with the collection  ;)

JurassicJr

Quote from: Jetoar on November 16, 2012, 10:20:10 AM
Very good acquisitions :)  ^-^. Congratulations for your Brachiosaurus, Carnegie and Papo  ^-^.

Thanks!

Ammonites

Went out and visited an antique store and found this.  1970's vintage Dinah figure from what I can tell and he threw in the Dinosaur Hunting License at a discounted price.  Both are from Vernal, UT, Dinah's discontinued I'm sure and the license has gone through changes.  Had the original person's info on it, but good luck finding something like this right?

Closeup shot of Dinah.  Has "DINAH" down the neck, "DINOSAURLAND" on the right side and "VERNAL, UTAH" on the left side.

stoneage

The dinosaur hunting license is kinda kool along with the Dinah figure.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Ammonites on November 17, 2012, 01:42:07 AM
Went out and visited an antique store and found this.  1970's vintage Dinah figure from what I can tell and he threw in the Dinosaur Hunting License at a discounted price.  Both are from Vernal, UT, Dinah's discontinued I'm sure and the license has gone through changes.  Had the original person's info on it, but good luck finding something like this right?

Closeup shot of Dinah.  Has "DINAH" down the neck, "DINOSAURLAND" on the right side and "VERNAL, UTAH" on the left side.

Oh that is so unique, I love that little dinosaur !!! Thanks for sharing it. Jealous , and more jealous, nice acquistion
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ikessauro

Got myself a new display. Actually I restored an old shop display, put some new glass pieces on it and bam!, there's a new home for my dinosaurs. The old cabinet was too crowded, but now I even got to display my chinasaurs on this one.

Jetoar

Congratulations or your display. It is very cool and your figures are better inside.  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Jetoar on November 17, 2012, 10:41:57 AM
Congratulations or your display. It is very cool and your figures are better inside.  ^-^

Thanks Jetoar, I'm always concerned about dust and other problems, now I can rest assure they won't suffer any damage.

Roselaar

Finally went and saw Walking with Dinosaurs Live with my JPtoys friends. Awesome show! Apparently some slight changes had been made to the show, and they finally sold some dinosaur figures at the gift shop (I heard they didn't before). I got a fairly decent medium sized T-Rex and a box with three obvious JP III bootlegs and a suspiciously good looking Stegosaurus. I hope to post pics of these later, since I'd like to know the Stegosaur's origins. No way they produced a new sculpt to go with a bunch of lame JP knock-offs!

Ammonites

Not exactly a toy but I just had to share this.  Went into another antique store today and found this little gem.
8mm Rodan film reel.  Can't find a copywrite on the publishing, but I know the movie itself was released in 1956.
Possibly B&W, film itself was in color, but I'll have to see about an 8mm projector to see how the quality is.

Jetoar

Good acquisiton for a vintage collection  ^-^.

Ammonites

Thanks.  A lot of the new stuff is cool, but vintage just has a certain appeal to it.

Bokisaurus

Very cool new display case you got there.

Here are my new arrivals
Papo's
BrachiO - this is my favorite Brachio toy figure by far. I'ts just so impressive and majestic looking ;D

The two baby wooly mammoth - the smaller one is very cute :)

[]

Mojo

Ikessauro

That pic you took boki really makes the Brachio even more impressive.

Jetoar

Beutiful figures. I like the Lycaon and other african mammals  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: