News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

I got CollectA's resculpted Brachiosaurus today, after eyeing it in the zoo shop for the previous two days I was volunteering there. It's actually a really nice model, being very well sculpted and painted.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

I got myself these at WWD Live yesterday:

Semi-decent T-Rex:

Set of JP III bootlegs (shame on you, WWD!)...

... and a surprisingly good looking Stegosaurus! I highly doubt they bothered to make a sculpt of their own when the rest of the set is appropriating bootlegs. Anybody know where they stole this Stego from?

And a friend surprised me with these dinosaur chocolate bars from Hungary. They come with excellent little dinosaur stickers, some of them depicting hardly known species (case in point: Lacusovagus). If anybody has pictures of the full set of stickers, please post them here!

Balaur

Got some other things for my birthday.

Ikessauro

Oh, those WWD-ish dinosaurs aren't that bad, the non-jp knockoffs I mean. I'd get them if I could. Those chocolates remind me of one very similar product I used to buy in here as a kid. They were small and had similar dino stickers. But it's been years since I saw them and now I couldn't find one even if I tried.

EDIT: found some sort of commercial about those dinosaur sticker. Seems like the stickers are supposed to be glued to some cards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXPKukVKLmU&feature=channel&list=UL

Nice acquisitions there balaur.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 18, 2012, 11:10:08 PM
Oh, those WWD-ish dinosaurs aren't that bad, the non-jp knockoffs I mean. I'd get them if I could. Those chocolates remind me of one very similar product I used to buy in here as a kid. They were small and had similar dino stickers. But it's been years since I saw them and now I couldn't find one even if I tried.

EDIT: found some sort of commercial about those dinosaur sticker. Seems like the stickers are supposed to be glued to some cards.

Some of those could be ReSaurus knockoffs or recasts (Toyway held those moulds before they went under).  Others of those look a lot like ChapMei, a company which appears to be the AAA of our time, showing up everywhere.

Jetoar

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on November 18, 2012, 08:09:05 PM
Got some other things for my birthday.

In a firts place, Happy birthday friend! In a second place congratulations for your acquisitions (overall Sue and Torosaurus)  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on November 18, 2012, 08:03:43 PM
I got myself these at WWD Live yesterday:

Semi-decent T-Rex:

Set of JP III bootlegs (shame on you, WWD!)...

... and a surprisingly good looking Stegosaurus! I highly doubt they bothered to make a sculpt of their own when the rest of the set is appropriating bootlegs. Anybody know where they stole this Stego from?

And a friend surprised me with these dinosaur chocolate bars from Hungary. They come with excellent little dinosaur stickers, some of them depicting hardly known species (case in point: Lacusovagus). If anybody has pictures of the full set of stickers, please post them here!

Uo amazing acquisitions. Is the first time that I see this figures. Big T-Res are cool and Stegosaurus is amazing. Where have you bougth these figures?  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Takama

postsaurischian

???  Come on ... you're already 20!

Takama

Im sorry, Im trying to find my mind in the gutter.

alexeratops

Oh, dude!!! *yuck*( gags and throws up and falls into the grand canyon)
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on November 19, 2012, 08:33:28 PM
Oh, dude!!! *yuck*( gags and throws up and falls into the grand canyon)
It's nature ::)

Although I admit it's gross too...this I why I don't collect mammals.

Takama

Yes its no diffrent then haveing a dog

Roselaar

I'm back! And so is spamming this thread with updates on that huge JP lot I scored recently.  Like it or not.  :P

Today, inventory update eightteen:

JPS2 humans, all MOC.

More JPS2 humans, all MOC.

And more. One Harrison is a Euro variation.

TLWS1 small vehicles, both MIB.

TLW High Hide, opened and sadly incomplete.

TLWS2 Eddie, MOC.

TLWS1 Pteranodon, opened but complete and in good condition.

Still much more to come.  8-)

Jetoar

You,s strike back again  ^-^.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on November 19, 2012, 12:01:28 AM

Some of those could be ReSaurus knockoffs or recasts (Toyway held those moulds before they went under).  Others of those look a lot like ChapMei, a company which appears to be the AAA of our time, showing up everywhere.

No Chap Mei in there as far as I know, though the style is similar because these are JP III knock-off and Chap Mei sure has a talent for that as well (in fact, they've created better sculpts than Hasbro even though they started out as imitating them!). Any place where I can see the ReSaurus figures for comparison?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roselaar on November 19, 2012, 09:13:03 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 19, 2012, 12:01:28 AM

No Chap Mei in there as far as I know, though the style is similar because these are JP III knock-off and Chap Mei sure has a talent for that as well (in fact, they've created better sculpts than Hasbro even though they started out as imitating them!). Any place where I can see the ReSaurus figures for comparison?
I have most resaurus figures, they do not look like any of these "WWD" new weird models.

postsaurischian

I've just watched Korean movie Speckles, the Dinosaur and British documentary Flying Monsters.

'Speckles' is really a bad movie, but it has some nice animated Dinosaurs in it - especially the main characters (Tarbosaurus, Tyrannosaurus). Some others like Velociraptor are highly inaccurate ::). Overall I don't like the DVD. Its construction is very simple (or should I write 'primitive') and boring. The German narrator is awful and the German edition was cut down to 78 min to make it marketable for 6 years old ::) (we always have this problem in Germany).

'Flying Monsters' on the other hand I enjoyed a lot :). It's built up like a typical Attenborough documentary with beautiful CGI imagery inbetween. It's educational and entertaining at the same time. I love David Attenborough and would highly recommend this DVD. I have the 2D version, I'm not too fond of all this 3D stuff nowadays.

Jetoar

Quote from: Takama on November 19, 2012, 09:04:05 PM
Yes its no diffrent then haveing a dog

Yes I think the same that you and Tyrantqueen  ^-^.

sauroid

some new Japan figures
Colorata Ankylosaurus

Colorata Stegosaurus

Favorite Pachycephalosaurus

Sega mini Dinosaur King Triceratops

Sega Dinosaur King Triceratops (medium sized hard vinyl with movable limbs)

Sega Dinosaur King Pawpawsaurus (medium sized hard vinyl with movable limbs)

a couple of unknown brands
Ankylosaurus

Chasmosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: