News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

23rd inventory update:

Some JPS2 dinosaurs, all MOC.

Some more JPS2 dinosaurs, all MOC.

JPS1 dinosaurs, Japanese variants. All MOC.

JPS1 Velociraptor MOC, Canadian variant. This one was new to me.  :)

Roselaar

Quote from: alexeratops on November 24, 2012, 05:20:25 PM
Okay, nobody can pay attention because I don't have pics. Fine. >:(

We're paying attention, but pics would surely boost appreciation, since words alone don't do the Papo Spinosaurus justice.  :)

Quote from: suspsy on November 23, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
Even the Animatronic Spinosaurus is inferior compared to the large Tyrannosaurus rex toys from JP and TLW. The teeth are rubberised and way too small, and it has those completely unattractive gaping wounds on its body.

The gaping wounds on the JP3 dino toys have always been my biggest pet peeve. Speaking for myself, I don't want dinosaurs that look like they're about to collapse and die from what are clearly lethal injuries. The JP and TLW toys, by contrast, came with those nifty pieces of skin to patch up their wounds.

All true. It's detestable that despite all the re-issuing of these figures Hasbro never bothered to cover up those wounds. At least the JP 2011 protos showed progress since they did sport removable dino damage wound patches.
I agree the Animatronic Spinosaurus is still imperfect, but hey, at least there's one big JP dinosaur figure around that ISN'T a T-Rex!  :))

BTW, just returned from the bi-annual collector's fair. Spotted several older Schleich figures, including a Shonisaurus. All rather pricey (25 euro for the Shoni), so I left them there. I might regret that decision where the Shoni is concerned though, even though I already have one.

Jetoar

Jurassic park Figures are toys of my chilhood with Dinoriders and I think that JP and TLW:JP are best to JPIII figures because the firts have better models, better colors and better materials than the Hasbrosaurus. I like the Spinosaurus and the other figures but I think that the Hasbrosaurus of JPIII like as zombies with these damages and I dont like this .
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on November 24, 2012, 05:30:33 PM

We're paying attention, but pics would surely boost appreciation, since words alone don't do the Papo Spinosaurus justice.  :)

Quote from: suspsy on November 23, 2012, 11:09:11 PM
Even the Animatronic Spinosaurus is inferior compared to the large Tyrannosaurus rex toys from JP and TLW. The teeth are rubberised and way too small, and it has those completely unattractive gaping wounds on its body.

The gaping wounds on the JP3 dino toys have always been my biggest pet peeve. Speaking for myself, I don't want dinosaurs that look like they're about to collapse and die from what are clearly lethal injuries. The JP and TLW toys, by contrast, came with those nifty pieces of skin to patch up their wounds.

All true. It's detestable that despite all the re-issuing of these figures Hasbro never bothered to cover up those wounds. At least the JP 2011 protos showed progress since they did sport removable dino damage wound patches.
I agree the Animatronic Spinosaurus is still imperfect, but hey, at least there's one big JP dinosaur figure around that ISN'T a T-Rex!  :))

BTW, just returned from the bi-annual collector's fair. Spotted several older Schleich figures, including a Shonisaurus. All rather pricey (25 euro for the Shoni), so I left them there. I might regret that decision where the Shoni is concerned though, even though I already have one.

Well I don't know how to post pics from my Ipod touch. :-X :-[
like a bantha!

sauroid

Quote from: alexeratops on November 24, 2012, 06:02:25 PM
Well I don't know how to post pics from my Ipod touch. :-X :-[

just ask an adult in your household to assist you who's fairly internet/tech savvy.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Quote from: alexeratops on November 23, 2012, 08:53:09 PM
After all the delays, not being in stock, I FINALLY HAVE THE PAPO SPINOSAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nope, that's not a picture issue I guess. I've got 3 Battats at once and posted a photo in here a couple of days ago and got only one comment. That's just a matter of how lazy people are to post comments on your new acquisition. Sometimes you put a photo of a wonderful or rare model/figure and nobody cares, sometimes you post a simple weird looking chinasaur and gets tons of comments. One thing I have noticed is that usually when people have a figure, they loose interest in it quickly, so when somebody gets it they are like "oh well, another person got that too...whatever". I usually comment on other persons acquisitions, but mostly so when it's a rare find and also when it's something I want, so I ask where or how they got it.
The Papo Spinosaurus is an awesome model I have it too, but it's so common and it's been around since 2007 (5 years!!) that most people already got it. Thus the amount of responses to your new figure is practically none. Pay attention, every time a Papo BRachio pops up, at least one person talks about it... it's new, exciting. That's why ;)

EDIT: Already 100 pages!!

Bokisaurus

Finally got some of these figures ;D for less than $30 :P
[

And plays well with CollectA's Koreaceratops family,too ;D the bases even match perfect!

[

And they both go nicely with the two Fuki's  :))

Ikessauro

Nice find Boki, I wish I could get them for a low price like you... That striped theropod is specially cool, what's species is it? I know I've seen it around, but can't remember the name.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

alexeratops

OK, here is that spinosaurus I got.  It's my first pic that is not a scan.
like a bantha!

Ikessauro

Quote from: alexeratops on November 24, 2012, 06:49:12 PM

A very cool pic I might add. I like the light a lot.

Jetoar

Quote from: als on November 24, 2012, 06:49:12 PM

Congratulations friend for your new acquisition  ^-^.

Fukuiraptor

Here is a complete set of figures from the 2004 Dino Expo

Ikessauro

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on November 25, 2012, 12:57:03 PM
Here is a complete set of figures from the 2004 Dino Expo

These are really beautiful models. Where can I get them for a reasonable price?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 25, 2012, 01:43:49 PM
Where can I get them for a reasonable price?

Unfortunately nowhere.
Sorry for having said that, but you must be very lucky to get one of these for a reasonable price ..... on the other hand, you never know :). I was lucky.
Best option would be to get a lot of them from one single seller through jauce.com ;).

Jetoar

Today, my father has bought in a flea market a Wild Safari Great White Shark for a one euro to me  ^-^

Ikessauro

QuoteUnfortunately nowhere.
Sorry for having said that, but you must be very lucky to get one of these for a reasonable price ..... on the other hand, you never know :). I was lucky.
Best option would be to get a lot of them from one single seller through jauce.com ;).

Hum, too bad. What's the average price for one of those Helge?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 25, 2012, 02:28:58 PM
Hum, too bad. What's the average price for one of those Helge?

I didn't pay more than USD 30,- for any of the four I have.
Some eBay sellers try to sell them for about USD 100,- but that's definitely too much.
I was also offered the Psittacosaurus back then, but was foolish enough to leave that one out ::). [slapping myself in the face a few times] Of course it's still missing!

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 25, 2012, 02:14:48 PM

Unfortunately nowhere.

Sadly, even on Jauce they are getting more expensive--there have been a few complete sets that went for quite a bit, and a few partial sets (that's where I got my Szechuan and Chiang--they were reasonable once).  But they seem to be selling for more (possibly for resale on ebay, where they seem a little more common, but way more expensive).

Plus, with Jauce, the added fees can make the high price even worse...

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on November 25, 2012, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 25, 2012, 02:14:48 PM

Unfortunately nowhere.

Sadly, even on Jauce they are getting more expensive--there have been a few complete sets that went for quite a bit, and a few partial sets (that's where I got my Szechuan and Chiang--they were reasonable once).  But they seem to be selling for more (possibly for resale on ebay, where they seem a little more common, but way more expensive).

Plus, with Jauce, the added fees can make the high price even worse...

Thanks guys for  all this info. I guess I'm gonna have to pay a lot if I wanna get them anyways. I'll end up buying them on Ebay since I never could learn how to buy through Jauce... Just gonna look for prices in the range of 30 to 50 bucks, otherwise I'll not have them :)).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: