News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on November 28, 2012, 09:45:34 PM
Roselaar, we call them mouse pads.  :)

That's it! I knew I had heard the term but couldn't remember it anymore. Thanks!

Wow, UK, you really scored big time recently! There's some excellent figures in there, apart from the Dippy.  :)

28th inventory update:

Two JP theatrical posters. Too bad they are folded.

TLW small movie banner.

JP sweater. Not gonna wear it.

Two MIB sets of JP glass ware.

Two Merlin JP sticker albums, one completed, the other about two-thirds full.

Loose Merlin JP stickers. A lot of doubles.

Takama

ajax

^^ I would be happy if Collecta released this figure in 1/40 with a new colour. Im sure it would be popular.

tyrantqueen

Just received the big guy :)

Comparison of the flanks of several other Brachios which I own. In Brachiosaur terms, this guy is pretty buff ;)

For the sauropod foot fetishists ;)

How is babby formed?

amargasaurus cazaui

This huge fellow is from the UK and is the largest Psittacosaurus toy I have ever seen.
A bit paint worn and a chipped claw, but still a neat addition .

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

juju1305

Quote from: UK on November 29, 2012, 05:06:21 PM
Some of my additions from the last few months....

Have been lucky.

there's some serious nice collector stuff in there.
Where did you get the Bullyland edaphosaurus?

Roselaar

29th inventory update:

More JP watches! I got so many of them now I gave one to each other person attending the WWD meeting. That still leaves me with 33 of these, all MOC...

JP Raptor puzzle, complete.

JP bath soap, MIB. Not gonna use it.

JP movie story book.

Various McDonalds cups.

Small TLW candy eggs with assorted trinkets.

JP Raptor shampoo bottle. Used, alas.

UK

Got this lovely repaint today...

darylj

That allosaurus repaint was mine! I didn't think id see it again so soon! What a small world! Hope you like it!

UK

Love it. Did you paint it?

Did you sell the others too?

darylj

I did indeed paint it.
I didnt sell the other repaints, so going to be relisting them tomorrow I think.
so glad you are happy with it

Seijun

Today was unfortunate. I got the papo brown running rex from mastermind toys. Even though the box was very large and contained lots of packing material, NONE of it was wrapped around the trex! He didnt even have a plastic bag around him. The bottom 9" of the box was all wasted packing material, and the poor rex was shoved into the 4-5" of empty space at the top end of the box. He spent the entire trip rubbing against the cardboard box, so about 1/3 of the paint on his arm is rubbed off. I am contacting mastermind for a return, and hopefully they have another brown rex. He would have been perfect if he had just been packed right.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

UK

You are very talented Daryl. Which items are you listing tomorrow? Do you trade as well?

And finally do you do custom paint jobs. May be a Bullyland deinotherium?

Simon

Beautiful Allosaurus repaint - and I note that the pronated hands were fixed, too.

tyrantqueen

QuoteDid you have Martin Garratt fix the pronated hands and repaint the Allosaurus it for you?  It looks really, REALLY good.
Um, I'm pretty sure Darylj did the repainting and customising himself.

suspsy

Quote from: Seijun on December 01, 2012, 12:17:32 AM
Today was unfortunate. I got the papo brown running rex from mastermind toys. Even though the box was very large and contained lots of packing material, NONE of it was wrapped around the trex! He didnt even have a plastic bag around him. The bottom 9" of the box was all wasted packing material, and the poor rex was shoved into the 4-5" of empty space at the top end of the box. He spent the entire trip rubbing against the cardboard box, so about 1/3 of the paint on his arm is rubbed off. I am contacting mastermind for a return, and hopefully they have another brown rex. He would have been perfect if he had just been packed right.

That sucks. My B. rex was wrapped in plastic when I received it from Mastermind. However, when I ordered the T. rex babies, Pachyrhinosaurus, Styracosaurus, and Euoplocephalus from them, only the latter was wrapped. Fortunately, none of them appear worse for wear.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

Congratulations for you neex acquisitions Seijun  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Wow, that's really unfortunate. Am I glad I haven't bought anything from that store (yet). Though if I want a brown Rex, I probably have little choice in the matter.  :-\

30th inventory update:

More VHS releases, including the Limited Edition of the first film.

JP pillow cover. Not gonna use it since I tend to drool in my sleep.  :P

JP T-shirt. Not gonna wear it.

Crichton's JP novel in Dutch, x2. Plus Dutch version of the movie novelization.

JP deluxe watch.

darylj

i dont want to go off topic but...
thanks for the positive feedback. really means a lot!
i am interested in trades, depending on what is on offer :)
i am also up for doing custom paint jobs, so feel free to message me with any requests or questions :)
and yes, i fixed the hands etc myself :)

thanks guys... any requests, feel free to message me...
oh, and here is a link to my (girlfriends) selling page on ebay, so you can see whats on offer - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/char_daryl/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
xx

tyrantqueen

Quote from: darylj on December 01, 2012, 06:41:48 PM
i dont want to go off topic but...
thanks for the positive feedback. really means a lot!
i am interested in trades, depending on what is on offer :)
i am also up for doing custom paint jobs, so feel free to message me with any requests or questions :)
and yes, i fixed the hands etc myself :)

thanks guys... any requests, feel free to message me...
oh, and here is a link to my (girlfriends) selling page on ebay, so you can see whats on offer - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/char_daryl/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
xx

I thought you only bought those models a while ago? Did you get bored of them quickly? :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: