News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

According to DHL Germany (talked to them this morning) the package has already left the country, so if it never shows up I can blame the American Post instead.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ajax

Quote from: Seijun on December 11, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
According to DHL Germany (talked to them this morning) the package has already left the country, so if it never shows up I can blame the American Post instead.

How long has it been now? Its a busy time of year hopefully it will still show up. Im overly paranoid about international post as about 95% of my dinosaurs have come from overseas, but every order has turned up eventually.

Takama

Ok,  I got the ColectA Eating T-Rex with base, curtosey of CollectA themselves 8).

Unfounrtanatly, it arrived with a broken tail. :'(   

but no matter because they are kind enough to send a replacement this week :)

As a result, I messed with it to learn more about the cahnges

Fun facts about it.

The base is not made to be removeable. The Figure is Glued into it so it is possible to remove it, but not without some minor damage to the toes(in my case it did not matter, because the figure was damaged in the first place) Meraculusly, when you make the figure stand without the base, It stands!     

Right now its being used for painting practice by me

brontodocus

Quote from: ajax on December 11, 2012, 11:39:59 PM
How long has it been now? Its a busy time of year hopefully it will still show up. Im overly paranoid about international post as about 95% of my dinosaurs have come from overseas, but every order has turned up eventually.
Exactly three weeks (I'm the sender). Phew, a month ago I received a Safari Ltd. Tokay Gecko which took six weeks. And I remember buying from a U.S. DTF member who sent me a parcel which arrived two months later. Of course I hope this one arrives faster! :)

Oh, by the way, Stefan, I've completely overlooked your post. Congrats on your decision and welcome to the support group for shapeways addicts! ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

tyrantqueen

I got a Waiphoon Liopleurodon (finally) and another William Stout book 8)

Jetoar

Wiphoon liopleurodon  ^-^. Is he too expensieve?
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

No, it's not expensive, being a chinasaur, but it's a bit on the uncommon side :)

0onarcissisto0

Just got Shane Foulkes' 1/18th scale Ankylosaurus. Man, she is a beaut!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on December 11, 2012, 12:17:43 AM
Please show the brachi when you get a chance, that is one I want to see some "in home" pictures of!

Here you go .......

Takama

I hope it aint to much but,   Can you campare that to the Wild Safari one? please

Gwangi

Perhaps it is the angle but the neck looks too thin on that Brachiosaurus, particularly where it meets the body. It also looks a bit emaciated. Maybe I've been looking at the Papo Brachiosaurus too long.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've seen different artists show Brachiosaurs with different neck girths..some more massive other thinner. Not sure which would accurate. Maybe it's a younger animal who has grown into all it's muscle yet ?

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 12, 2012, 11:02:26 PM
No, it's not expensive, being a chinasaur, but it's a bit on the uncommon side :)

Thank you friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Ikessauro

Hi guys, here's some of my latest ones
Battat Ceratosaurus Version 2 (No tag, but mint condition for less than 40$, yay!)
WWD Ankylosaurus (Already had this one, but mine wasn't all that yellow, I guess the color faded so I bought another one).
Tamiya Chasmosaurus kit (I just assembled it and it's very easy as everyone told me on the Tamiya topic, just gotta find some paint and brushes now... ;))

Takama

I think the Chasmo is beiutiful the way it is

Jetoar

Good acquisitions friend. You have a rare lot of figures  ^-^.

ajax

Nice Battat Cerato score ^^ Its one Battat I have always liked for some reason, I know others who think its terrible but I think it has character.

Ikessauro

Thanks guys...
Since the first time I saw painted Invictas my favorite by far was the Apatosaurus. And now I've got it! My first painted invicta. Here's it, arrived a few minutes ago. By the way, thanks Steve!

juju1305

Hi everyone,

just a quick snapshot to show my most recent acquisitions. It's all Carnegie and Safari lines, I LOVE most of these. The spino is HUGE, I had no idea it was that big. In that respect, the new Carnegie Brachio is too small for my taste, despite being a wonderful figure. I guess Papo's new brachio will stand proudly next to the old carnegie one...

Love the caudipteryx, despite the tripod stance. The kaprosuchus is awesome. So is the cryolophosaurus. The Safari rex is nice, but too "toyish" for my taste. The ramphorhynchus is safaris' best pterosaur (and one of the best pterosaur figure on the market). I guess the new dimorphodon will be in the same league.

docronnie

Congratulations guys on your recent and awesome acquisitions!

Here's mne:

[

Capcom Dino Expo 2009 Tyrannasaurus 06 - 2009

Capcom Dino Expo 2009 Edmontosaurus 02 - 2009

All Kaiyodos...

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: