News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splonkadumpocus

A couple of new ones for me.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2013, 05:40:49 AM

That's a really awesome piece..now who created it again ?

Ademar Pereira do Nascimento, right?

In the assumption this representation of Amazonsaurus is indeed unique (I think it is), I added it to the Unique Species List. ;)

Jetoar

Quote from: suspsy on January 13, 2013, 04:30:24 AM
Your girlfriend is clearly awesome, sir.
Quote from: Fukuiraptor on January 13, 2013, 01:31:24 AM
Congratulations on your getting all those wonderful items!

Thanks friends  ^-^. Yes she is verye clearly and special to me  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on January 15, 2013, 07:04:26 PM

In the assumption this representation of Amazonsaurus is indeed unique (I think it is), I added it to the Unique Species List. ;)

He's the fellow who did the Giga right ?  It's odd I haven't seen his work on other sites or just around more..it looks as good as the Kinto desktop pieces.

Takama

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

He's the fellow who did the Giga right ?  It's odd I haven't seen his work on other sites or just around more..it looks as good as the Kinto desktop pieces.

He apparently doesn't ship from Brazil, and doesn't appear to do much to promote himself outside of there, short of Ikessauro, who may also be the sole source! And from whom I got 6 of them!

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on January 17, 2013, 10:04:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

He apparently doesn't ship from Brazil, and doesn't appear to do much to promote himself outside of there, short of Ikessauro, who may also be the sole source! And from whom I got 6 of them!

Exactly guys. Ademar is and independent artist who just started doing dinosaur models out of his passion for the subject and to earn a little extra cash. Then after  sometime he realized that there was a market for dino models in Brazil, since we don't have any kit maker around and it is very expensive to get models from other countries, because of currency, shipping costs and the need to build and paint them before you can display you piece. He did the models, already assembled and painted, for a short period of time, about a year and a half, then he had health issues, stopped the production. From his first run I got Giganotosaurus, two Smilodons (S. Populator and S. gracilis), Velociraptor, Acrocanthosaurus, T.rex and Allosaurus. When he started doing the models last year he descontinued the old ones and decided to focus on Brazilian species. He also tries to keep them in scale to each other if possible. So, you can clearly see he's new in the market and hasn't had the chance to work for any major companies and doesn't really have interest in promoting his work worldwide. When people in here asked where they could get his models I told him about the interest but he said that would not sell internationally, at least for now. Then he gave me the idea of buying the models from him with my own money so I can resell or trade with whomever I want to. That's what I've been doing when people ask me to get the models. He still paints models if the buyer requires, but now he's selling them assembled, but unpainted. He has improved the quality of the dinos a lot, the resin is much more resistent and the models are pretty much solid, unlike the old ones which were kind of hollow. If you guys need any more info on the models just let me know.

radman

SBell

Quote from: radman on January 18, 2013, 12:16:57 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 17, 2013, 10:04:50 PM
And from whom I got 6 of them!

Let's see em!

They need some repair work first--they arrived in pretty good shape, but they all need a little work first (to say nothing of figuring out painting, which I'll do whenever I move)

radman

Ah, unpainted is fine, eh - don't recall seeing any of your paintwork before.  Still, would like to see what they look like in their pristine state and what they are; can PM me if you prefer.

SBell

Quote from: radman on January 18, 2013, 12:35:17 AM
Ah, unpainted is fine, eh - don't recall seeing any of your paintwork before.  Still, would like to see what they look like in their pristine state and what they are; can PM me if you prefer.

Like I said, first there is some repair work. Soon, I hope.

rubicon

Takama

Thats a whole lot better then any of the stock photos i seen.

I just wish the head wasent looking up

suspsy

Love it! Sure hope I can acquire one of my own this year!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Not really impressed. As usual not as detailed as the stock photos insinuate, plus the crest on the back looks like it was glued on it. Maybe it's the angle. Could you post some comparison pics with other Carnegie figures maybe?

tyrantqueen

Still not impressed with the Concavenator either. I'm glad that the tail is slightly different than the Carnegie Giganotosaurus (held straight instead of slightly curled) and I like the wrinkling and detailing.
The rest just looks bleh. It looks like a generic theropod with a fin stuck oddly to its back. And the static posture doesn't help either.
I first thought I was looking at the Carnegie Crylophosaurus at first instead of a Concavenator like it's supposed to be.

Spino-rex13

Quote from: rubicon on January 18, 2013, 12:00:21 PM

my carnegie concavenator
I thought the Carnegie Concavenator wasn't out yet?

juju1305

Here are my newest figures

Papo brachiosaurus and spinosaurus.

collectA prehistoric plants, koreaceratops family, Safari mammoth and apatosaurus, carnegie amargasaurus and triceratops.

Libraraptor

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: