News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 31, 2013, 03:16:51 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 31, 2013, 12:28:54 AM
The Safari Ltd. model is based on the fossil findings of paleontologist, Paul Serono. The relatively new species of pterosaur is simply known as 'The African Pterosaur'.

http://www.projectexploration.org/news_121803.htm

An illustration of the 'African Pterosaur' by Todd Marshall:

http://planetdinosaur.com/images/PDImages/PaleoArt/ToddMarshallPterosaur.jpg

Yes, that paiting is very similar to the figure. Thanks for the help, I always wondered if it was an Anhanguera or not.
It could still be an Anhanguera; remember, the African Pterosaur is still unnamed, it's very similar to Anhanguera, and Anhanguera is known from both South America and Europe already.

deanm

Ah the nice Tsintaosaurus from the Basel Natural History Museum too!!

A very nice lot!  :)

tyrantqueen

I received my Papo Carnotaurus today...I like it a lot, although, like most Paposaurs, it is a bit over muscled for my taste.

Meeting an abelisaur friend ;D

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 01, 2013, 01:24:15 PM
I received my Papo Carnotaurus today...I like it a lot, although, like most Paposaurs, it is a bit over muscled for my taste.

Meeting an abelisaur friend ;D

the size difference of the feet between the carno and the raja is obscene  :))

juju1305

Here's my latest haul

Papo wooly rhino, pretty cool though the horn is really disturbing.
CollectA neovenator, this figure is so cool.
CollectA tylosaurus, erm, well he looks like the brother of the evil morray eels flotsam and jetsam in Disney's little mermaid.
Carnegie carnotaurus, i just love it.
Safari mosasaur, extremely streamlined but I like this figure
Carnegie tanystropheus, really cool, slender
Safari gastornis, this figure is a gem.
Safari dimorphodon, this is a huge figure and one of my favorite pterosaur figures
Carnegie concavenator, much smaller than I expected, but the sail, despite the odd color choice looks better in person than on pictures.

All I need to get now is the Papo carno  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice hauls !

That Dimorphodon does look huge...bet they could have done 1/1 for 50.00 or so..I'd pay it. :)

Sumo

ooh, what a lot of goodies! And you got the Gastornis! According to Safari it isn't available yet... where did you get it, and did they by any chance have the birds toob too?
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

postsaurischian

I also just got these new Wild Safaris :).
To me the Dimorphodon is their figure of the year - it's so much better than I've expected it to be :D!

....... oh, and Nebuloid: I would call that Invicta collection including the Basel Tsintao a fantastic & historical catch ^-^.
         Whoever sold them to you - he or she must have loved Dinosaur figures a lot. I wonder why he / she did that.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 01, 2013, 08:17:53 PM
I also just got these new Wild Safaris :).
To me the Dimorphodon is their figure of the year - it's so much better than I've expected it to be :D!

....... oh, and Nebuloid: I would call that Invicta collection including the Basel Tsintao a fantastic & historical catch ^-^.
         Whoever sold them to you - he or she must have loved Dinosaur figures a lot. I wonder why he / she did that.

Yap, I second that about that Basel Tsintaosaurus. I have been dreaming about t hat figure for years now ;)

And here are my latest catch, trio of Safari figures. I did not get the pterosaur, run out of $ ;) Next time....
Gastonis

Joining the flock ;D

Elasmo

Concavenator

Joining his smaller friend  ;D

And this beautiful vulture

Posted my comments in the 2013 thread ;)
Happy hunting!

Thundercharge

Click sig for my collection! :)

Jetoar

Congrats for you new acqquisitions of this year , I like all.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

Boki, where did you get the Cardinal Tetra?

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on February 02, 2013, 12:29:39 AM
Boki, where did you get the Cardinal Tetra?

It's part of a Bandai freshwater aquarium fish set--there's a few tetras, some guppies, cory cats, and a few others I think (I only have one cory myself). As always, you can try and find them on ebay, but the set is from a few years ago.

Takama

LADEEZ AND GENTELMEN, IZ GIVE YOU TE BEST BRACHIOSAURUS EVER

bashed

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a great retro Brachio ! :)

Takama

Well at least not everyone hates him :)

I like it because it reminds me of a Monster Brachiosaur from Prehistoric Isle

Blade-of-the-Moon

Far from hate..I can't " hate " any dinosaur though I may find inaccuracies and faults with them. ;)

It's big and retro looking..so it gets cool points from me.

Takama

Random note,  That brachio weghts a pound :P

Jetoar

My new acqquisitions  ^-^.

The best prices of this figure was the scelidosaurus for 5 euros  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Where do people find these Deluxe Collectasaurs in a neat box like that? I've never come across those.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: