News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on February 03, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
Where do people find these Deluxe Collectasaurs in a neat box like that? I've never come across those.

In Spain, "El Corte Ingles" a great store as wallmart, have this kind of box for Collecta figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jetoar on February 03, 2013, 11:06:11 AM
My new acqquisitions  ^-^.

The best prices of this figure was the scelidosaurus for 5 euros  ^-^
Why did you buy Henry VIII?

Roselaar

Quote from: Jetoar on February 03, 2013, 12:02:17 PM
Where do people find these Deluxe Collectasaurs in a neat box like that? I've never come across those.

In Spain, "El Corte Ingles" a great store as wallmart, have this kind of box for Collecta figures  ^-^.

Too bad Everything Dinosaur doesn't sell them like this... or the few store in the Netherlands I know of selling Collecta hardly sell Deluxe figures.

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on February 03, 2013, 05:39:10 PM

Too bad Everything Dinosaur doesn't sell them like this... or the few store in the Netherlands I know of selling Collecta hardly sell Deluxe figures.

El Corte Ingles and in the past , Toys a rus , only sell this figures in box in Spain.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

SBell

As far as I know, all of the deluxes come in boxes as well as loose--but they cost more to the retailer, which is why few companies bother since most people won't pay extra for what amounts to the same figure).

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on February 04, 2013, 02:34:34 AM

As far as I know, all of the deluxes come in boxes as well as loose--but they cost more to the retailer, which is why few companies bother since most people won't pay extra for what amounts to the same figure).
Also, lots of people buy these figures online, so a box increases shipping costs significantly and it's even worse if you're planning to buy several figures at once. Thats another reason why online retaliers might prefer get them loose.

Jetoar

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 04, 2013, 12:56:41 PM
Quote from: SBell on February 04, 2013, 02:34:34 AM

Also, lots of people buy these figures online, so a box increases shipping costs significantly and it's even worse if you're planning to buy several figures at once. Thats another reason why online retaliers might prefer get them loose.

I think the same that you, This figure out discount cost 14 euros. In museums and other stores are more expensieve.

jhudstone

I got this nice Play Visions Palorchestes from their large prehistoric mammals set - a fairly rare figure which I got for a great price:

As much as a I like it, I would trade it for a Play Visions large Eobasileus in a New York minute.

Jetoar

Very cool figure, congrats for you acquisition, I think that is the only figure of this animal  ^-^.

SBell

Quote from: Jetoar on February 04, 2013, 09:32:44 PM
Very cool figure, congrats for you acquisition, I think that is the only figure of this animal  ^-^.

There's a small figure as well, from the same company.

Ikessauro

Arrived today from Canada. Thanks to Dean I finally have these!

Bokisaurus

Wonderful goodies everyone, looks like the New year is bringing in some really cool new additions to peoples collections ;D
Speaking of... these guys just arrived today, the newly resurrected Kaiyodo ;D
I only got two out of the 5 figures in the set.
T- rex - beautiful figure, but nothing so different from the others before it. These is the second of the two from the collection. the other is black and with feathers ;) I'm on the lookout for that one :)

with the other feathered rexes from the Takara

Next up is Yutyrannus! Now we're talking! I really love this figure!Great details and paint job.
[
with the other YuTyrannus

with T-rex, and oh, they came with a small man for scale! Actually, there were two sizes of the man, pictured here is the bigger of the two

The quality and detailing on these new figures are better than the older kaiyodos, hope they release more in the future ;)

stemturtle

Cambrian Life Toob (Safari Ltd.)

This wonderful toob of 8 figures is available now at Amazon.  Pricing will be lower for those who wait.  Photos are arranged in 2 groups of 4: unique and not unique. Sizes listed below are approximate.

Unique figures are listed on the DTF by Roselaar on the Unique Species Specimen Thread: Naraoia, Sanctacaris, Sidneyia, Vauxia

Naraoia, Arthropod, 3" (7.5 cm)
EDIT: Link : Relationship of Naraoiids to Trilobites.

Sanctacaris, Arthropod, 2 1/8" (5.5 cm)

Sidneyia, Arthropod, 2 1/2" (6.4 cm)

Vauxia, Demosponge, 2 ¼" (5.8 cm)

Not unique: Anomalocaris, Charniodiscus, Ottoia, Trilobite

Anomalocaris, Proto-arthropod, 3 ¾" (9.5 cm)
UPDATE: Anomalocaris should be classified as an arthropod based on the discovery of compound eyes.

Charniodiscus, Rangeomorph?, 2 1/8" (5.5 cm)

Charniodiscus is actually Ediacaran.  Thaumaptilon, which also resembled a sea pen, is from the Cambrian.  Here is a link to a photo of that fossil:
http://burgess-shale.rom.on.ca/en/fossil-gallery/view-species.php?id=122

Ottoia, Priapulid worm, 1 ¾" (4.5 cm)

Trilobite (unidentified), Arthropod, 3 3/8" (8.5 cm)

Zopteryx suggested on the DTF that the identification is Tricrepicephalus sp.

EDIT: Forgive my old eyes: looking at the belly of the trilobite with a glass, I saw that it is marked Tricrepicephalus.  The Safari catalog did not report it, just listing trilobite.  There are 5 new unique species in the toob.  Congratulations to Zopteryx.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

DinoToyForum

Great tube Stemturtle, congratulations  8)
Nice photos too! This might make a great topic for a DTB review - you are already half way there ;)  O:-)

Jetoar

Amazing acquisitions, Congrats for you fort yor new figures  ^-^.

ZoPteryx

Great acquisition Stemturtle! :)  They're much larger than I had expected.  I must admit, I'm a little disappointed with the color schemes, but I suppose that's a small price to pay for figures of such exotic species. ;D

brontodocus

Yay, congrats on your new acquisitions, all! :)
Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 06, 2013, 11:42:24 PM
Great tube Stemturtle, congratulations  8)
Nice photos too! This might make a great topic for a DTB review - you are already half way there ;) O:-)
I'll second that, I think it would be great to see this one reviewed by stemturtle! :) Oh, and now to see the ventral sides, too! ^-^

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Roselaar

Excellent pictures of the Cambrian buggers, stemturtle! And much obliged for the reference. ;) Would you mind if I ended up replacing the current Cambrian era toob pictures for all four unique figures with your much more detailed pictures? :)

stemturtle

Quote from: Roselaar on February 07, 2013, 06:51:36 PM
Excellent pictures of the Cambrian buggers, stemturtle! And much obliged for the reference. ;) Would you mind if I ended up replacing the current Cambrian era toob pictures for all four unique figures with your much more detailed pictures? :)

Go for it, Roselaar.  I am a fan of your work.   

Thanks for the kind comments dinotoyforum, Zopteryx, brontodocus, and Roselaar.   :)
I have never done a review for the Blog, but I will consider it.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on February 07, 2013, 08:24:16 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 07, 2013, 06:51:36 PM

Go for it, Roselaar.  I am a fan of your work.   

:-* :-* :-*

Adding them ASAP.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: