News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

My first models bought in Amsterdam!

Invicta Hunter

I really wish Papo would put the sticky label in the same place as the Brachio had it's put. I hate to think of the sticky label wrapped around a leg or arm of the figure, i just know that the glue will affect the paint underneath and ruin the figure in time.

Jetoar

Amazing acquistiond, they are a cool lot of figures, congrats  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on February 09, 2013, 03:04:29 PM
I really wish Papo would put the sticky label in the same place as the Brachio had it's put. I hate to think of the sticky label wrapped around a leg or arm of the figure, i just know that the glue will affect the paint underneath and ruin the figure in time.

Have you seen how Mojo tags its figures? Instead of a sticker, an elastic or a permanent plastic wrap, they use a removable plastic band that is designed to be unclipped and re-clipped.  Very collector friendly, since the tags are easily removable for display but easily moved around on the figure, replaced for sale (or whatever other reason you might need the tag on)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Jetoar on February 09, 2013, 03:22:50 PM
Amazing acquistiond, they are a cool lot of figures, congrats  ^-^!

Thanks. The only fact is that tha Brachio's neck isn't glued very properly.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: SBell on February 09, 2013, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on February 09, 2013, 03:04:29 PM

Have you seen how Mojo tags its figures? Instead of a sticker, an elastic or a permanent plastic wrap, they use a removable plastic band that is designed to be unclipped and re-clipped.  Very collector friendly, since the tags are easily removable for display but easily moved around on the figure, replaced for sale (or whatever other reason you might need the tag on)

That sounds like a really good idea, it would be great if other companies adopted the same thing.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on February 09, 2013, 12:46:43 PM

Where did you buy them !? I know of no dinosaur shops (offline) in the Netherlands...

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Nebuloid on February 09, 2013, 06:34:40 PM

Where did you buy them !? I know of no dinosaur shops (offline) in the Netherlands...

http://www.gonewiththewind.nl/en/toys/plastic-figures/33/dinosaurs.shtml It's in the center of Amsterdam!

Roselaar

In Amsterdam, really? Could you give me an address? I have a hard time finding Collecta selling stores, so any new ones are worth investigating. Though it's probably the store I already know about.

Takama

Deluxe Pteranodon from CollectA

John

Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

It's starting to look as if ALL lines will start having to indicate when individual pieces were manufactured.First Safari Limited (by means of painted on numbers indicating month and year,e.g. 1212 meaning December 2012 on my Gastornis),then at least some of Papo's wild animals,now I see 1205 on this CollectA one.I'm guessing that in this case it's the year first then month.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SBell

Quote from: John on February 09, 2013, 11:22:36 PM

It's starting to look as if ALL lines will start having to indicate when individual pieces were manufactured.First Safari Limited (by means of painted on numbers indicating month and year,e.g. 1212 meaning December 2012 on my Gastornis),then at least some of Papo's wild animals,now I see 1205 on this CollectA one.I'm guessing that in this case it's the year first then month.

it has to do with product testing standards and regulations (although I'm not completely sure what)

Jetoar

Congrats for your new figure, One day  I will buy this figure in a future  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stemturtle

Roselaar, please add Tricrepicephalus (Safari Ltd.) to the Unique Species List.  I have edited the report on the Cambrian Life Toob as follows:
Forgive my old eyes: looking at the belly of the trilobite with a glass, I saw that it is marked Tricrepicephalus.  The Safari catalog did not report it, just listing trilobite.  There are 5 new creatures in the toob.  Congratulations to Zopteryx.  ;D

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Takama

Quote from: Jetoar on February 10, 2013, 12:15:39 AM

Congrats for your new figure, One day  I will buy this figure in a future  ^-^.

Its a real decent figure, and pretty too.  Its wings are Transparent as well

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Roselaar on February 09, 2013, 07:53:14 PM

In Amsterdam, really? Could you give me an address? I have a hard time finding Collecta selling stores, so any new ones are worth investigating. Though it's probably the store I already know about.

Gone with the Wind
Vijzelstraat 22
1017 HK Amsterdam
Netherlands

Roselaar

Quote from: stemturtle on February 10, 2013, 02:08:53 AM
Roselaar, please add Tricrepicephalus (Safari Ltd.) to the Unique Species List.  I have edited the report on the Cambrian Life Toob as follows:
Forgive my old eyes: looking at the belly of the trilobite with a glass, I saw that it is marked Tricrepicephalus.  The Safari catalog did not report it, just listing trilobite.  There are 5 new creatures in the toob.  Congratulations to Zopteryx.  ;D

Thanks for the heads-up. Adding it now.  ;)

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on February 10, 2013, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 09, 2013, 07:53:14 PM

Gone with the Wind
Vijzelstraat 22
1017 HK Amsterdam
Netherlands

Thanks. It's the store I thought it was. So still only one Collecta address in Amsterdam. Good to see other DTF members have found it as well, hopefully they'll increase their dinosaur stock. :)

tyrantqueen

After almost giving up on finding this figure, I win it on eBay in a mixed lot. I am happy :)

Thundercharge

^ I like that one! Congrats.  :)

So I got my Kaiyodo set of 5 Tyrannosaurs in the mail today!

Opened them up and quickly assembled them, and these are GORGEOUS! I couldn't help but notice how solid these feel. More like little statues than the light almost fragile feeling Dinotales I had been used to. Even better that I paid only about $25 shipped from Japan for the set, feels like a steal.  :))

Here's some pics (click for larger):

I like the included humans for scale, and the human skeleton and skull were a nice touch.  ;D

And here's all my Kaiyodo Tyrannosaurs thus far (the fleshy ones at least):

:))

Click sig for my collection! :)

Fukuiraptor

Very nice, Thundercharge!  I am planning to get this set of figures too!  Just pondering whether I should fork out more for the rare version as well  ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: