News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 16, 2013, 03:33:24 AM
Congrats on this catch TQ; It's one of the best Triceratops ever.
Thanks! :)

Horridus

I recently got hold of the Carnegie Concavenator (a nice sculpt let down by sloppy paint, and I really wish they'd introduce bases), plus the Wild Safari Gastornis...except I didn't, because Dinosaur Time sent me the Dimorphodon instead. Yeah, thanks for that...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Horridus on February 17, 2013, 05:18:35 PM
I recently got hold of the Carnegie Concavenator (a nice sculpt let down by sloppy paint, and I really wish they'd introduce bases), plus the Wild Safari Gastornis...except I didn't, because Dinosaur Time sent me the Dimorphodon instead. Yeah, thanks for that...

Congratulations and, sigh...another example for the 'when orders go wrong'  thread: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1037.0.html
Let them know and hopefully they'll remedy the mistake. When this happened to me, Dinosaur Time let me keep the figure they sent in error.

JurassicJr

My new baby Euoplocephalus from Sideshow Collectibles that I received on Valentine's Day! It is #88/200  :)

sauroid

very cool Sideshow Collectibles baby Euoplocephalus. and nice to see you posting again in DTF JurassicJr.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Thundercharge

Very, very nice! I'm really jealous.  :)

It was a Sideshow piece that I could very much afford at only $40 but they went so fast! I missed out. Hopefully they do another inexpensive piece and maybe make a few more of them.   :P

Click sig for my collection! :)

Horridus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 17, 2013, 05:32:08 PM
Congratulations and, sigh...another example for the 'when orders go wrong'  thread: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1037.0.html
Let them know and hopefully they'll remedy the mistake. When this happened to me, Dinosaur Time let me keep the figure they sent in error.
They offered to let me keep the figure when they did this with one of my orders before, but this time I made the mistake of offering to return it if they refunded me the postage costs. ;) So I'll be sending it back. It's still in its factory bag.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

Bought this today.    Not too bad

Seijun

Here are some old "new acquisitions" of mine (all acquired late last year):

A big thanks to Brontodocus for helping me get the brachiosaurs, JP pins, and the sega triceratops. Because of the Christmas season, they took an extra long time to reach me. We were both afraid that the post might have lost them! But thankfully they arrived just before Christmas, beautifully packed and perfect  ^-^

The little green rex is a Jecsan figure I got from Snertus, and the baby apatosaurus is from Takama (it matches the brachi!).
The Kaiyodo dolphin and Timpo brontosaurus are from eBay, and I don't know where the dessicated newt/salamander toy came from, I just thought it was cool and weird.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Glad to see that you got that little Baby

Jetoar

Congrats for your acquisitions Seijun  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Quote from: Thundercharge on February 17, 2013, 06:29:08 PM

It was a Sideshow piece that I could very much afford at only $40 but they went so fast! I missed out. Hopefully they do another inexpensive piece and maybe make a few more of them.   :P

Same with me, I had literally just missed out on it.

juju1305

Quote from: Takama on February 18, 2013, 03:48:01 AM

Bought this today.    Not too bad

I think the original one (a little bigger without the movable jaw) was better. The jaw does not look that good (when you compare to Papo standards for example). This is a downgrade compared to their previous "Big-Al" allosaurus.

Thundercharge

Yeah I've fiddled with one at the store and it's just not as nice as the older version, which was a very, very nice figure other than the huge feet, and actually one of my favorite allosaurs. The moveable jaw on the new one is too noticeable and throws the look off a bit, and the plastic felt so soft/gummy compared to the nice feel and texture of the original.

Click sig for my collection! :)

Takama

Well I like it, And i admit its better with the mouth shut.    Though I had trouble getting its mouth open for the first time. I thought it was glued shut at the foctorey.

I will say that the price for it was rediculus, ($21) but I was away from town and i wanted something from were i was at

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 18, 2013, 05:13:31 PM
Well I like it, And i admit its better with the mouth shut.    Though I had trouble getting its mouth open for the first time. I thought it was glued shut at the foctorey.

I will say that the price for it was rediculus, ($21) but I was away from town and i wanted something from were i was at

That's it bud, in the end buy what you like..your the only one your collection has to please.  ;)  I do like the original one a bit more myself even though even it's more incorrect now..it's obviously a WWD Big Al and I did like that special...who knew right ? lol

JurassicJr

Quote from: sauroid on February 17, 2013, 05:59:03 PM
very cool Sideshow Collectibles baby Euoplocephalus. and nice to see you posting again in DTF JurassicJr.

Thanks!  :)

JurassicJr

Quote from: Thundercharge on February 17, 2013, 06:29:08 PM

Thanks! I also hope that they will continue making inexpensive pieces, they're inexpensive as long as you pre-order in time from Sideshow that is and not have to pay the inflated ebay prices!

SBell

Just got a couple of odd things--two Hobbit Fell Wargs from HeroClix (they'd make good creodonts of some sort).

I also just got the second ever Glow in the dark Dino coin! The Canadian Mint put out a Quetzalcoatlus coin that displays a glowing skeleton in the dark (the animal is full-colour reconstructed under normal light)!

I missed last year's Chasmosaurus (it sold out before ever hitting stores) so I figured I'd grab this one. Especially given that they aren't even on the Mint's site anymore--they're all gone (and I'm well aware of what the first version now sells for!)!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on February 19, 2013, 08:44:21 PM
Just got a couple of odd things--two Hobbit Fell Wargs from HeroClix (they'd make good creodonts of some sort).

I also just got the second ever Glow in the dark Dino coin! The Canadian Mint put out a Quetzalcoatlus coin that displays a glowing skeleton in the dark (the animal is full-colour reconstructed under normal light)!

I missed last year's Chasmosaurus (it sold out before ever hitting stores) so I figured I'd grab this one. Especially given that they aren't even on the Mint's site anymore--they're all gone (and I'm well aware of what the first version now sells for!)!

Cool. I've been waiting to see if they would make an Albertosaurus or Gorgosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: