News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

This is Manuel Bejarano's sculpt of  Herrerasaurus in 1/12 scale at Shapeways. Painted and based by Martin Garrat, I love this piece !!!

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Primeval12

Quote from: radman on February 25, 2013, 07:55:01 PM
Well, I just got the 2013 Kaiyodo Yutyrannus, and I must say I am very pleased.  The parts fit together seamlessly and even the material seems crisper and brighter than before, as well as a bit larger.  Kudos also for including a little man for scale, although I was unable to tell from the enclosed sheet (in Japanese) what, exactly, the scale was.  He seems to be about an 1.25 inches tall, so I'm guessing ~1:55?  Anyway, no point in posting a photo here, as many others have done so before.  I didn't get the rest of the set, as I have no  use for skeletal models and have plenty of rexes already, but I'm now starting to rethink my decision, based upon how nice this guy is.  I at first thought from photos that the arms were overlarge, but in person, with the feathers, it looks really good.   Recommended!
are those rare

Takama

For those of you who collect Predasaurs DNA Fusion, prepare to be envius

I scored the rarest one of them all

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on February 25, 2013, 10:26:14 PM
Quote from: radman on February 25, 2013, 07:55:01 PM
Well, I just got the 2013 Kaiyodo Yutyrannus, and I must say I am very pleased.  The parts fit together seamlessly and even the material seems crisper and brighter than before, as well as a bit larger.  Kudos also for including a little man for scale, although I was unable to tell from the enclosed sheet (in Japanese) what, exactly, the scale was.  He seems to be about an 1.25 inches tall, so I'm guessing ~1:55?  Anyway, no point in posting a photo here, as many others have done so before.  I didn't get the rest of the set, as I have no  use for skeletal models and have plenty of rexes already, but I'm now starting to rethink my decision, based upon how nice this guy is.  I at first thought from photos that the arms were overlarge, but in person, with the feathers, it looks really good.   Recommended!
are those rare

They aren't easy to come by, although currently on ebay igg88droid is selling some for a good price. As for rarity--they are part of a Japanese exhibition, available only in Japan (the sellers on ebay will either be in Japan or have a source there) and only during the exhibition. So they will not be available at regular retail long (if they still are) and they will get a lot more expensive.

radman

It was about 12.5 bucks total, shipping included.  Well worth it, IMHO, about 3 weeks delivery time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321059067956

I'm  sure there are others out there for a similar price if you're patient.

amargasaurus cazaui

A few things that I comissioned from Martin Garratt. These all began as stock Carnegie figures, and Martin did repaint and basing work for them.
Carnegie Amargasaurus

Carnegie Corythosaurus

Psittacosaurus squared

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ajax

^^They look great, Is the green stuff on the ground meant to be moss?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on February 26, 2013, 04:33:04 AM
^^They look great, Is the green stuff on the ground meant to be moss?

It is moss and/or lichen..but at this scale it's supposed to represent smaller versions of bigger pants.

postsaurischian

:o Wow! They're WONDERFUL :D!!!

tyrantqueen

This came from Australia. It's rubbery and hollow, no identifying markings anywhere on the body.

I am aware that this toy is probably a knock off of the old Horizon vinyl tyrannosaurus, I just thought it is interesting, I've never seen anything like this before...

Primeval12

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 27, 2013, 12:39:51 PM
This came from Australia. It's rubbery and hollow, no identifying markings anywhere on the body.

I am aware that this toy is probably a knock off of the old Horizon vinyl tyrannosaurus, I just thought it is interesting, I've never seen anything like this before...

It looks a bit like schleich's Rex they retired last year

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on February 27, 2013, 04:01:42 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 27, 2013, 12:39:51 PM

It looks a bit like schleich's Rex they retired last year

My first thought was as an inspiration for Geoworld's big T.rex model!

tyrantqueen

Something funny I thought I would share. It appears that a company somewhere in China decided to bootleg Wild Safari's dinosaur toys, with hilarious Chinglish results.

Think of the children!!!

The Tapejara is now a "Pterosaurs", Velociraptor is a Deltadromeus agilis, and the Dilophosaurus is a "Rapator" (whatever that is). The names were most likely changed to dodge copyright infringement. Also, there's a Stegosaurus on the back, which isn't included in the box.

The toys themselves are pretty much just inferior quality Safarisaurs, with casting flaws and visible seam lines. Oh, and the Tapejara has a detachable head...for some reason...

Oh well, they'll make good practice fodder 8)

Primeval12

Deltadromeus is off the unique specimens thread :( By the way, i think you should let Safari know their toys are being bootlegged.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: primeval12 on February 27, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Deltadromeus is off the unique specimens thread :( By the way, i think you should let Safari know their toys are being bootlegged.
Oh, you really think I should do that? I dunno if they would care, or if they can do anything about it. Opinions?

Takama

HOLY CRAP THAT IS SHOCKING :o

Though its not the first time there products were bootlegged.

I have a Set of Mini Carnegi Dinos that are not the real deal, just boot leg.

Primeval12

It's up to you I guess. It depends how close they are to the origonals in size, shape, and color. They probably couldn't do anything though

Roselaar

Deltadromeus is off the unique specimens thread

I'm gonna let it slide, considering this sculpt is now not unique and was clearly established to be a Velociraptor first, which it still resembles more. In fact, Rapator (which is a real species) should also be deleted off the list if I were to take these into account. Not gonna happen. Not for crappy bootlegs. I have my pride.  ;D

Primeval12

Quote from: Roselaar on February 27, 2013, 09:07:07 PM

I'm gonna let it slide, considering this sculpt is now not unique and was clearly established to be a Velociraptor first, which it still resembles more. In fact, Rapator (which is a real species) should also be deleted off the list if I were to take these into account. Not gonna happen. Not for crappy bootlegs. I have my pride.  ;D

And my favorite dino on the thread is saved

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on February 27, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on February 27, 2013, 09:07:07 PM

And my favorite dino on the thread is saved

Haven't really kept up with that particular thread..but didn't Carnegie/Safari release an actual Deltadromeus awhile back ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: