News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Hmmm...re: Shinzen's Styracosaurus (X-Plus), maybe its the end of the drought season and the animal is one of the lucky ones which clung on to life?   ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on March 02, 2013, 04:08:36 AM
Hmmm...re: Shinzen's Styracosaurus (X-Plus), maybe its the end of the drought season and the animal is one of the lucky ones which clung on to life?   ;D

Yeah there are scenarios he could be placed in...maybe he is sick or starving.

Spino-rex13

Just got my Wild Safari Elasmosaurus and Carnegie Carnotaurus. The Elasmosaurus is FANTASTIC :D :)) ;D though MY Carnotaurus is not greatly painted around the mouth. There is also 2 holes in the side of its tongue. Is it normal for the carnotaurus to have one of its horns chipped.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on March 04, 2013, 07:44:04 AM
Just got my Wild Safari Elasmosaurus and Carnegie Carnotaurus. The Elasmosaurus is FANTASTIC :D :)) ;D though MY Carnotaurus is not greatly painted around the mouth. There is also 2 holes in the side of its tongue. Is it normal for the carnotaurus to have one of its horns chipped.
Maybe if you took a photo, we can assess how bad the damage is. If you bought it from an online store you can return it, if it bothers you that much. However, this is a risk of buying online, you can't know what the figure is like before you buy it, so there's always a chance of this happening again.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on March 04, 2013, 07:44:04 AM

Like this ?

I never noticed until you mentioned it...

Ikessauro

I would say that the horns are always like that. I've held on my hands at least 3 different Carnegie Carnos and all of them had that problem on the horns. The holes on the mouth are news to me though...

Blade-of-the-Moon

The horn are less chipping and more paint rubs..happens to almost every figure somewhere. Those are easily touched up.

The holes..I can't tell if it's from air in the mold or air bubbles in the paint used and they've collapsed.  Should be easily painted over as well.

If you want a more perfect piece I would order from Dandinosaurs.com or Dejankins.com both are easily to get in touch with and are collectors like us. I'm sure either wouldn't mind " cherry picking " a little for you. :)

Spino-rex13

I'm pretty happy with my Carnotaurus so I'll keep him for now as the holes don't bother me much.
Thanks

Libraraptor

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on March 04, 2013, 09:14:44 PM

I'm pretty happy with my Carnotaurus so I'll keep him for now as the holes don't bother me much.
Thanks

Maybe this guy needs a dentist  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's some rough shipping from Canada.. lol

tyrantqueen

I got the new Kinto Tyrannosaurus 8) I love this figure.

I also got this guy, but forgot to post it here

ZoPteryx

Great buys TQ, I had no idea the Kinto T. rex was so big! :o

Here's my most recent acquisitions: Schleich Desmatosuchus and my first Kaiyodosaurs. 8)

Big thanks to Roselaar for these. :D

Bokisaurus

New additions has arrived
Kaiyodo Dinosaur Expo figures

More Kaiyodo, the last of the 3 T-rex, the black feathered version. this little guy is awesome! ;)

Joining the other two. I did not care for the skeletons, so I did not get those.

sauroid

awesome new ones everyone.
just got this book, still sealed.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Just scored this Carnotaur in a store. Try saying that ten times in a row. :)

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on March 09, 2013, 06:50:21 AM

Let us know if its worth the purchus :)

EmperorDinobot

First dinosaurs in like an entire year. Srsly, my last dino purchase before this was last year at ECCC where I lucked out and found some very rare dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on March 09, 2013, 07:33:22 PM

I have this one, I posted photos in my book thread ages back. It's pretty good, the dinosaurs are colourful and well drawn. Although, there are some errors (most notably the zombie hands on theropods)

sauroid

Quote from: Takama on March 09, 2013, 07:33:22 PM

it is pretty good for a dino book for younger readers. i like Franco Tempesta's art tho as TQ said, there are some anatomical errors but i can overlook that.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: