News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I like these new JPs, but would never import them too. For the same amount of money I could buy several other better toys!

deanm

Haven't seen any in Canada yet.  Still a chance - typically 3-5 weeks behind US... 

docronnie

Congrats on your new JP toys!  :)

I'm crossing my fingers that they will reach our shores in a few years!  ;D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are new JP toys though..hard to beat that..lol

I don't see the fuss. Japan , the U.K. and other countries get exclusives as well and the U.S. fans have to import them if they want them..no difference here.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2013, 04:28:45 AM
They are new JP toys though..hard to beat that..lol

I don't see the fuss. Japan , the U.K. and other countries get exclusives as well and the U.S. fans have to import them if they want them..no difference here.

I'm ok with the US/Canada release, that doesn't bother me like it does with other members. Of course, It'd be nice to walk in a store here in Brazil, grab a JP toy and go home with it without all the month + waiting to get it by mail. I guess I'm already used to not having cool dino stuff released here. But I myself won't be buying it so soon because of the price. I've seen that most JP toys when are new releases cost high prices, so despite their charm an all, I'm not so impressed with them.  I do not know how much these cost, but I bet the set doesn't sell for less than 25 bucks each and add to that shipping to my country, bam, I'm out of dino cash for a while. With the same amount of money I could get at least 4 WS dinos or a couple of Carnegies, even maybe quite a few Collectas.  ;)

Pilkington

Sorry for quoting something this old but I must've of missed this when it was originally posted.

Quote from: JurassicJr on February 17, 2013, 05:52:05 PM
My new baby Euoplocephalus from Sideshow Collectibles that I received on Valentine's Day! It is #88/200  :)

Hmmm, I got number 88/200 as well.  I wonder if Sideshow screwed up the numbering of this piece, it kind of makes it less unique if they did.  Could you please post a picture of the bottom of the base of yours?

If you wanna be alone, come with me

Blade-of-the-Moon

The new JP figures are retailing at 29.99 each, so yeah that plus shipping would be a bear, like a lot of things it just depends on what your willing to spend.

Hmm..I've never heard of collector's getting the same number. Sideshow's numbering is sometimes difficult to read..maybe there was a mistake trying to figure it out.

Pilkington

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2013, 03:09:20 PM
Hmm..I've never heard of collector's getting the same number. Sideshow's numbering is sometimes difficult to read..maybe there was a mistake trying to figure it out.

Yeah, I've never heard of double numbers in limited edition pieces either, I'm hoping it's not the case here.  I was surprised when I opened my Euoplocephalus that Sideshow didn't have the bottom of the boxes numbered.  I've seen and heard of the number on the statue doesn't match the number on the box but not two of the same number.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Ikessauro

Just got Nascimento's latest piece, Mirischia asymmetrica 1/5 Scale

Also, Paleoworld Complete Season 1 DVD Box set and the horrible Natural History Museum T.rex (now I've got them all :P)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score on the Mirischia , it's a beautiful piece. :)

Paleoworld..is that the same as the TLC one ?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2013, 02:45:09 PM
Nice score on the Mirischia , it's a beautiful piece. :)

Paleoworld..is that the same as the TLC one ?

It's this one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoworld

Nebuloid

This just in ! My first small japanese dinosaur, thought it was a kaiyodo but turns out it's from colorata, oh well...

Would love to get more, but started with my favorite dinosaur, dilophosaurus. Although the paintjob isn't that pretty.

postsaurischian

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 19, 2013, 01:45:40 PM

Very nice piece! Unique species by any chance?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2013, 10:41:54 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on March 19, 2013, 01:45:40 PM

Very nice piece! Unique species by any chance?

It is a Brazilian species, I guess it was never made in toy or model form before. I've never seen any model of it other than this one..

Bokisaurus

Nice new addition everyone ^-^

juju1305

Here's my latest haul. Only Paposaurs this time, including the new carnotaurus. I really love this figure. I wish it had been 10% bigger but it's a wonderful figure. The baby mammoth is über cute and the parasaurolophus is a really good figure if you overlook the teeth inside its mouth...

Takama

juju1305

Quote from: Takama on March 20, 2013, 10:24:39 PM
Got three biggins today

I have two of these (dacentrurus and rhomaleosaurus) but have mixed feelings about the velociraptor, do you recommend it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have him myself, he's a nice big feathered, detailed, Velociraptor..what's not to love ?

Here's a review by our own Dan of Dansdinosaurs.com : http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2010/08/16/velociraptor-deluxeprocon-collecta/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: