You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

Quote from: SBell on April 08, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 07, 2013, 07:44:31 PM
You all made quite a haul here! As for me, I just got these on ebay:

What are they? My first thought is some sort of display sign for Invictas, in which case, do they have them for all of the figure? In further case, are they easily available?

I thought they were cookie cutters :D lol

amargasaurus cazaui

At Aaron Dooley's request, here is the revamped Psittacosaurus model he has been working on .I was allowed to test print it and it arrived today. The model printed nicely with no issues.  Make note of the arm posture, and hands especially. Even the quills appear more realistic in this version. The model tends to want to fall over, so will likely require a base.
  The detail level for this one is nice and I am very fond of it already. Aaron has stated once he is sure the model prints well , that it will be offered on Shapeways so all that want it can acquire it.

As a teaser, I will mention there is a second pose of the model being test printed as well....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Horridus

Collecta Diplodocus & Diabloceratops turned up today. Both rather nice, and extremely well painted, although the Diplodocus' neck narrow to silly pipe-cleaner proportions.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 06, 2013, 12:35:08 AM
In his excitement Andre also forgot to include the Saurolophus in his photo ;D .
Urgh... ahem, yes, apparently I forgot to include that one in the photo, too... :-[ Oh dear, oh dear... :-\ ;D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Ikessauro

Finally some new acquisitions in here. It's been a while since I last posted something.
Ademar Pereira do Nascimento's Argentinosaurus, 1:30 scale.

The big buy compared to Old Carnegie Brachiosaurus and Battat Diplodocus;

Sorry for the bad photo quality, it's the best I could do with my lousy camera.
BTW, you guys that are waiting Ademar pieces from me, be aware that I now have them with me and will soon send them.

amargasaurus cazaui

Take one old and battered Airfix or perhaps Pyro style Protoceratops model. Throw in Martin Garratt and you get .........voila. Was taken with how much he was able to bring this old girl back to life for me.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks Ikeesauro.. I'm struck with a sudden desire to own that Argentinosaurus now..lol

Martin did a great job on that Proto..looks beautiful.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2013, 02:26:02 AM
Thanks Ikeesauro.. I'm struck with a sudden desire to own that Argentinosaurus now..lol

Martin did a great job on that Proto..looks beautiful.

hah, quite big isn't? If you like I can get you a unpainted one, just send me a PM and we'll talk.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That she is !

Do you have any more up close shots ?

Libraraptor

Quote from: primeval12 on April 08, 2013, 02:35:46 AM
Quote from: SBell on April 08, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 07, 2013, 07:44:31 PM
You all made quite a haul here! As for me, I just got these on ebay:

What are they? My first thought is some sort of display sign for Invictas, in which case, do they have them for all of the figure? In further case, are they easily available?

I thought they were cookie cutters :D lol

These are drawing gauges for children. You put them under a sheet of paper, take the long side of a pencil and rub. Then children have a nice drawing. They are original the size of the Invicta figures. The children shown for scale also appear on the posters. I am not really sure if there are other species as drawing gauges. I accidently found mine on ebay...

JurassicJr

Here's the haul of Dino Riders and Definitely Dinosaurs that I got at a Toy show last weekend!  ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 09, 2013, 09:59:37 PM

:o It's a monster!! Congrats! Good to have a huge Argentinosaurus, just as it should be :).

BTW, you guys that are waiting Ademar pieces from me, be aware that I now have them with me and will soon send them.

:D ^-^!

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 12, 2013, 02:58:20 AM

:o It's a monster!! Congrats! Good to have a huge Argentinosaurus, just as it should be :).

Thanks Helge, I too think that every big sauropod deserves a big toy/model produced. By the way, those who want to see more details, I just posted a close up of the head on my collection thread (page 3).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 12, 2013, 03:03:07 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on April 12, 2013, 02:58:20 AM

Thanks Helge, I too think that every big sauropod deserves a big toy/model produced. By the way, those who want to see more details, I just posted a close up of the head on my collection thread (page 3).

Here ?  http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,999.30.html

Ikessauro

Simon

Here are a few more pics of the Argentinosaurus:

THIS IS NOT MY MODEL.  THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM THE WEBSITE OF A FELLOW WHO HAD BUILT ONE UP.

Needless to say, after seeing these photos, I decided I HAD to get one.  Ademar does a lovely job with his Sauropods, there are not enough of them out there, especially of this fellow, due to the size necessary to render it in any decent scale (ie. 1/40 and up)

radman

Holy cow!  You got this, and painted too, all the way from Brazil?  Looks like it came in three pieces?  Congrats! ;D

Ikessauro

Quote from: radman on April 12, 2013, 07:03:53 PM
Holy cow!  You got this, and painted too, all the way from Brazil?  Looks like it came in three pieces?  Congrats! ;D

He didn't got it yet... these are pics from one piece Ademar made and the photos were available online.

Simon

It is pleasing to the eye from just about every angle.  A real nice rendering, much better than Maximo Salas' dated version of Argentinosaurus.  And at the size that Patrick quoted above, the 1/30 scale makes this specimen 120 feet long (!)

At 120 cm it would work out to 48 inches long, and 12 inches tall.  Shane's Giganotosaurus is - what?  18" long, so that is also 1/30?  Unbelievable.  Sounds like I'll have to get that one next, to go along with the Big Boy.

In any event, it will dominate any top shelf.

Ikessauro

I decided to measure the Argentinosaurus, It's actually 110 cm long, tip of nose to the tip of the tail.The tail and neck aren't really stretched out so it would be a little longer if measured along its spine. Here's another pic of my own, in the cabinet, near other well known models for size comparision.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: