You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: darylj on May 01, 2013, 10:44:53 PM
Ah. Thanks for the info  :D
You´re welcome! But I forgot to mention there are also some U.K.R.D. dinosaurs among your new crowd!

darylj

The small brachi, and ankylosaur??

Bokisaurus

Quote from: radman on May 01, 2013, 02:53:40 PM
1:20 Amazonsaurus:

All the way from Brasil!
Awesome! Did it ship well? One day, I hope to get some of his sauropods,too :(

Bokisaurus

Quote from: juju1305 on April 23, 2013, 10:20:58 AM
Look what just made it to my place this morning

These new Favorite models looked good on the stock pictures but they're even better in person. Anatomically well done, fantastic color choices, clever removable base system for bipedal figures (and flying/swimming ones) these are really on the top of the list of affordable figures.

I'm just wondering why two species of the previous set were left out (pachycephalosaurus and apatosaurus). While I can overlook the pachy missing, another sauropod would have been great. And of course, the scale remains an issue; even though the brachiosaur is definitely bigger than its 2004 counterpart, which is an improvement. The rexes rank among the top rexes on the market, so does the styracosaurus which is fabulous. The choice of species is pretty much the only flaw, since it's horribly conventional.

Interesting packaging, my set came in a plastic bin/box.

Nebuloid

That favorite collection just arrived on my doorstep as well, just like everybody else it seems !  ;)

And they look much nicer in person than in those shiny pictures, especially spinosaurus.

And these :

juju1305

Quote from: Nebuloid on May 02, 2013, 09:19:43 AM
That favorite collection just arrived on my doorstep as well, just like everybody else it seems !  ;)

And they look much nicer in person than in those shiny pictures, especially spinosaurus.

Yes they do. It's a really pleasant surprise when you meet them in person. Each of them ranks among the best reprensentative of their respective species among all the affordable ranges. They're an ideal mix of scientific accuracy and good design. I still rank Papo higher from a design quality perpective but can't overlook the lack of scientific accuracy. The two favorite Rexes are imo the best Rexes on the market currently (much better than those from Carnegie, Safari, CollectA or Papo... I'm not event including Schleich in that group anymore)

Blackdanter

So glad I wangled and pleaded to get a set of these (I really wanted that Synthetoceras). I knew I was going to love these figures as soon as I opened the packet and marvelous thick petro chemical smell enveloped me ............ transported me straight back to the 1970's and those Hong Kong rubbery dinosaurs you used to get in your Christmas stocking ;)

Anyway, these are nice for knock offs. The AAA 'homage' figures arent straight remolds as they seem smaller with subtle differences in poses and detail. The mammoth and the whoolly rhino are obviously smaller than their genuine counterparts. I dunno why but the mammoth reminds me a lot of the Invicta? Maybe the size, pose or texture. The Synthetoceras is super. Nice pose and detail. Not a bad finish to any of these really although, as you'd expect, the paint work isn't the best (it isn't the worst either!). The plastic material is quite hard, not rubbery at all and, despite the fact that the figures are obviously hollow, they feel quite solid.

darylj

New today!
is this the first papo raptor? Its pretty beat up and the end of the tail is wirey?
any ideas on the little ceratopsian??

Takama

Yes that is the first papo raptor.    Its a real pain to find for cheap these days

radman

radman

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 02, 2013, 03:47:29 AM
Quote from: radman on May 01, 2013, 02:53:40 PM
All the way from Brasil!
Awesome! Did it ship well? One day, I hope to get some of his sauropods,too :(
It shipped pretty well.  Ike did a good job of packing, but there was still a little tail damage, nothing major, can be easily fixed.  The problem may have been how shipping took place.  First, the package shipped from Curitiba, Brasil to Sao Paolo.  Yay!
Then from Sao Paolo to Miami, USA.  Yay!
From Miami to Greensboro, North Carolina, Yay!  (I'm in South Carolina, next state down, only 270 miles away).
Then from Greensboro to Salt Lake City, Utah.  Boo!  That's like 2100 miles away!
Then from SLC to Denver, CO.  Okay, that's 500 miles closer.  Yay
Back to SLC.  Boo!
Then back to Denver. OK
Finally back to Greensboro.  Yay!
Finally delivery to S. Carolina.  Yay
So, these guys traveled an unnecessary 5000 or so  miles.
Anyway, I'm very glad to have them, and Ike has been great in making these guys available.

Primeval12

Quote from: darylj on May 03, 2013, 06:55:16 PM
New today!
is this the first papo raptor? Its pretty beat up and the end of the tail is wirey?
any ideas on the little ceratopsian??

It's a styracosaurus from Disney

darylj

I had a visit from my dad today, who had been in his loft and found some of my models from a while back... i think they count as new acquisitions because i thought they were long gone :)

some jp's

some U.K.R.D's

some random little ones... i think the little brachiosaur was from a jurassic park egg? does anyone know where the little green iguanadon is from?

and lastly some randoms... i no the larami iguanadon... i think the rest are elc?

Libraraptor

That Iguanodon could be Panini, the three on the pic with Larami Iguanodon (!) are UKRD as well, aren´t they?

My most recent acquisition by the was is mighty PAPO Carnotaurus! I must say I love it!

Takama

Heres a semi Popular one.  I finally found one that was not beatean up by  Wal-Mart Kids

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 04, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
That Iguanodon could be Panini

Correct, just like the T-Rex and Dimetrodon next to it the Iguanodon is a Paninisaur. And the little Brachiosaurus does indeed come from one of those vintage JP candy eggs. It was also available in grey.

JurassicJr

Here is my latest haul...
Safari Dimorphodon, CollectA Neovenator, Argentinasaurus, Mapusaurus, Rajasaurus, Tyrannosaurus with Struthiomimus prey.

JurassicJr

I also got Bullyland Diatryma, Andrewsarchus, and Mastodon.  :)

tyrantqueen

Charlie McGrady Ceratosaurus, obtained with help from Pam (Seijun) Thanks a lot! :)

radman

That CM Ceratosaurus is a nice catch!  I entered mine in the 2010 diorama contest.  Didn't win, though.  :P ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: