News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

So, after considerable negotiation and a written undertaking not to resell these as Collecta figures, I finally managed to acquire a few examples of these oddities. The first pair arrived today (I'm allowed only two of each figure!). There's only a handful that I'm drawn to anyway! Here's one of the Nothronychus pair. Having now handled these I have suspicions about what these figures actually are. For a start with the quality is a lot better than expected. I'll wait for the other few to arrive before starting a thread to put my theory across  ;)

sauroid

is it made of hollow plastic?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blackdanter

Quote from: sauroid on May 14, 2013, 03:09:30 PM

It's made out of a hard high grade plastic like the ELC big dinosaurs. It's hollow with a central join point. The figure is quite heavy and feels very solid to handle. I'll raise it further when I've checked the other figures when they arrive but I don't know think that these are strictly the knock offs I first thought they were!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blackdanter on May 14, 2013, 03:43:23 PM
Quote from: sauroid on May 14, 2013, 03:09:30 PM

It's made out of a hard high grade plastic like the ELC big dinosaurs. It's hollow with a central join point. The figure is quite heavy and feels very solid to handle. I'll raise it further when I've checked the other figures when they arrive but I don't know think that these are strictly the knock offs I first thought they were!

I think that they may be rejected deluxe models...

Takama

Got myself a schelich world of history parasaurolophus

The best figure that schelich ever made in my opinon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2013, 07:30:29 PM

It's just a resized Replicasaurus Para >:D

Schleich = fail

Takama

Yes I was refering to both versions when I said.  Best model they made

Also.  Just got a safari dracorex today.  In Iowa City

docronnie

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2013, 07:30:29 PM

I agree.  Just waiting for the new stocks to arrive, if they still have some.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Bokisaurus

From the last few months
[

;D

Jetoar

My new acquisitions  ^-^.

And a Green baby T-Rex of Papo (I didnt take photograph of this last).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stego

Finally,got it,after a 7 years' searching all over the world...
The Tony Mcvey's 1/30 running T-rex.
How can I upload the pics?I can upload pics in the old version,it is now cann't upload pics,but only link to pics on the other website?

sauroid

you can use image hosting sites like photobucket, etc. and you can post the image code/link here. the pics would show in your post.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Congratulations on the McVey TRex!  For my money that is still the best one out there in 1/30+ scale!

stego

Quote from: sauroid on May 20, 2013, 08:11:06 AM
you can use image hosting sites like photobucket, etc. and you can post the image code/link here. the pics would show in your post.
Thank you very much for your help!I will try it later!But I don't know whether the image hosting here in China could be linked...

stego

Quote from: Simon on May 20, 2013, 03:04:10 PM
Congratulations on the McVey TRex!  For my money that is still the best one out there in 1/30+ scale!
Yes,It is my favorite T-rex.No matter what scale!

Balaur

Unfortunentally I am sick today, so I'm staying home, but my Safari Gastornis finally arrived in the mail today! I am really impressed, especially with the feathers at the back of the animal. Really happy! My day finally has a bright side!  :)

Sorry for the poor quality of these pictures.

Jetoar

Very cool gastornis  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Invicta Hunter

Got my second Invicta black Brachiosaurus today.
;D

[

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 22, 2013, 03:54:10 PM
Got my second Invicta black Brachiosaurus today.
;D

That one is new to me, what's its story?

Invicta Hunter

I don't know that much about variant coloured Invictas but this one and my other black brachio did come from the city where Invicta Plastics was based so maybe the colour was a trial run and they changed their minds or maybe they ran out of the normal green plastic on that day and went with black instead, who knows...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: