News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

This "old guy" finally made it to my collection

I'm shocked at how good this looks compared to the current Schleich figures. This just leaces me to wonder how this company has dropped from producing such great figures to the current level (though some of their old ones are terrible too...  ;))

And it's a rare species (are there other Shonisaurus figures out there) and family (not that many ichyosaurs after all) and the sheer size of the animal shows in its size, its HUGE.

amargasaurus cazaui

Just arrived today, the two new test poses for Aaron Doyle's Psittacosaurus !! There is one in a resting pose and another rooting in the ground for bugs, roots, or perhaps even water. They both printed perfectly in WSF, and while these were the test prints, I believe he will be releasing them now for general use.

For those who are Psittacosaurus fans like myself, here is the entire family in one grouping. They all print well in WSF, although the two standing pieces do need help standing, either with a base or by ordering the version offered with the small base attached.

Credit for the matching set of bases belongs to Martin Garratt who made them for another set of models for me.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

SBell

Quote from: juju1305 on May 31, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

I'm shocked at how good this looks compared to the current Schleich figures. This just leaces me to wonder how this company has dropped from producing such great figures to the current level (though some of their old ones are terrible too...  ;))

And it's a rare species (are there other Shonisaurus figures out there) and family (not that many ichyosaurs after all) and the sheer size of the animal shows in its size, its HUGE.

Schleich has been bought and sold a few times since that figure--originally a family company, it later sold to a manufacturing company. My understanding is that Schleich was recently sold to a different big manufacturer again. For those kinds of business, bottom line will be more important than the collectors market

Roselaar

are there other Shonisaurus figures out there

PlayVision has made a small Shonisaurus figure. But Ichthyosaurus figures of this size remain rare, and this one is a real beauty.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice, never have laid my claws on this one yet. I still hope that eventually Safari/Carnegie might produce a Shoni..and we also have CollectA now that does larger figures so maybe it won't be the only one for too much longer.

Takama

Got this not to long ago

sauroid

that Shonisaurus was conceived during one of Schleich's very rare brilliant moments. (to be fair, their extant animal figures are awesome)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on June 01, 2013, 04:11:44 PM
that Shonisaurus was conceived during one of Schleich's very rare brilliant moments. (to be fair, their extant animal figures are awesome)

I think the same that you friend. Congrats  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Mauro "Raptor86"

Jp Compound and ornithosuchus!

Takama

New today

juju1305

Quote from: SBell on June 01, 2013, 05:43:56 AM

Schleich has been bought and sold a few times since that figure--originally a family company, it later sold to a manufacturing company. My understanding is that Schleich was recently sold to a different big manufacturer again. For those kinds of business, bottom line will be more important than the collectors market

That's interesting, I wasn't really aware of that, but this would explain a lot. I'll look for more info on this. Thanks for bringing my attention to this.

Jetoar

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 01, 2013, 10:33:38 PM
Jp Compound and ornithosuchus!

Congrats  ^-^.I would like buy the ornihosuchus some day ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

SBell

Quote from: juju1305 on June 03, 2013, 03:39:23 PM
Quote from: SBell on June 01, 2013, 05:43:56 AM

That's interesting, I wasn't really aware of that, but this would explain a lot. I'll look for more info on this. Thanks for bringing my attention to this.

I am thinking that Schleich has tried to keep its ownership changes fairly quiet, to maintain the image of being collector-focused. Especially when one considers that Safari, Mojo, CollectA and Papo are all owned and operated by their founders and developers (or their heirs). And no, I didn't forget Bullyland. They aren't independent either.

Bokisaurus

Trio from Safari: Diablo, Grypto, and Rhampo ;D
[

All nice figiures.

tyrantqueen

QuoteTrio from Safari: Diablo, Grypto, and Rhampo
It's not a Rhamphorhynchus, it's a Dimorphodon.

sauroid

that trio looks much better in boki's pics.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Congrats again for your figures  ^-^.

FUTABA

Got myself a Paris plush - had to. Couldn't resist.

I really really like blue things.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm surprised you didn't get Ace..he's more your fav color right ? :) lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: