News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

What I bought from the Toycon:

Sega Toys Dinosaur King Styracosaurus - 2006

Happinet Kentrosaurus - 2006

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2013, 04:47:10 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 15, 2013, 01:28:06 PM
Got a Takara Tomy Yutyrannus and Kaiyodo Dinotales Sinosauropteryx today from Mr. Postman.

My poor poor bank balance...

This forum tends to have that effect...or exacerbate it.. lol
just be careful when handling that Sino, the leg/base part breaks off easily. :/
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ITdactyl

Ugh, missed another toycon.

Were there a lot of dinos @Docronnie?

Roselaar

Got this from ED today:

The latest Collecta figures. Some Bullyland, Wild Republic and Papo too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Quote from: SBell on June 18, 2013, 02:09:09 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 17, 2013, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: SBell on June 16, 2013, 03:34:52 AM
Quote from: FUTABA on June 16, 2013, 01:21:22 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on June 15, 2013, 09:40:16 PM
Awesome sinosauropteryx   ^-^.

Thanks. :) I got him second hand, but he's pretty much in mint condition. Very pleased.

It's been a good ten years since yo would find those 'new'! Now you just have to find the other colour version!

:P

Don't tempt me. :P Just saw one reasonably cheap on Ebay but I really can't justify it :-\

Oh, but you can--it's a much better paint job up close, a more stable figure, and the pieces fit together better (which are the general justifications for any of the S1v2 Dinotales) ^-^

True. It's certainly going on my 'to get' list, but I suppose at the moment I should really do the whole saving up for the future thing. *yuck* I hate being an adult.
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Quote from: sauroid on June 18, 2013, 09:20:44 AM
just be careful when handling that Sino, the leg/base part breaks off easily. :/

I'm always massively overprotective of my Kaiyodos as they're so brittle. I'd like to take them out in my pocket (for my own admittedly odd reasons) but I'm too scared of them breaking. Owning 3 hyperactive cats just adds to my vigilance.
I really really like blue things.

docronnie

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 18, 2013, 09:51:44 AM
Ugh, missed another toycon.

Were there a lot of dinos @Docronnie?

I only started collecting dinos last November 2012, so I could not compare last year's Toycon to this year, but there were many dinosaur figures, I found 3 booths selling them.

One was selling brand new Mojo Fun Tylosaurus and Velociraptor at buy one take one promo.  I was not able to see the Tylo since it was sold out.  The velociraptor was a bit small and not that detailed as my Schleich.

Most were Sega Toys Dino King 2006 figures, the hollow ones.  My friend bought the Pawpawsaurus and some Disney dinos.  I left the others:  Megalosaurus, Fukuisaurus, Saichania, Acrocanthosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Therizinosaurus, Saltasaurus, Triceratops, Megaraptor and Saurolophus.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Libraraptor

My new haul:

WWD Allosaurus, Invicta painted Brachiosaurus and painted Mamenchisaurus, green Invicta Stegosaurus, Inpro Brontosaurus, Battat Utahraptor!

For me this is a golden collectors´ hour!

critcho

I have just got back from holiday in Ibiza and couldn't help but pick up a couple of models. Not the normal thing I would look at but they had a certain charm to them and some of the models are very good, notably the velociraptor and styracosaurus. They were also only 1.50 Euros each which sealed the deal!

I have also put these on the identification part of the website and would be curious to see if anyone knows anything about them?

I was also treated on fathers day to the Carnegie Spinosaurus and concavenator, both of which I have wanted for a long time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice score there ! The Spino is a not be missed piece, the Concavenator certainly isn't bad either.

Seijun

Everybody loves Gwangi!

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on June 20, 2013, 07:17:05 AM
Everybody loves Gwangi!

....... as long as it is very well done, like this one :) Congrats!

sauroid

that's beautiful Seijun. who made it?

CityRaptor

Such an awesome representation of Gwangi. Where did you get it?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have to second those last two questions. :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Seijun on June 20, 2013, 07:17:05 AM
Everybody loves Gwangi!

Beautiful piece! I need to find that one someday, the X-Plus T. rex from King Kong also.

Ikessauro

Today's arrivals.
All yesterdays... good, but not as good as I imagined.

Collecta Lexovisaurus: it seems to be one of the earlier versions, it is marked as Procon on the belly and has white/grayish plates and claws (nails??)

Seijun

The Gwangi figure is plastic, a random find on Jauce. I dont know the maker or year, only that the figure was a premium "from the DVD set of Valley of Gwangi and Black Scorpion". Might be possible to find him on jauce looking for that DVD set (dont know how rare it is). He came on a base originally, but mine is missing his. There are a few available for sale on Amazon.jp for about $80-100, it looks like: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0000E2FL5 There is one used for about $30, but the description doesn't mention if it includes the figure.

The head on this figure is too large, compared to the version in the movie, but I think it's the best model of Gwangi available, unless you are shopping for resin figures. Considering the high price of the figure on amazon, I would recommend this Joe Laudati resin kit over the plastic model if you have $100 to spend: http://www.joelaudati.com/#!__gwangikit
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: