News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Just found this AAA Mammoth and an unknown Euoplocephalus on a flea market:

sauroid

hi Roselaar
we got the same Ankylosaur that i got recently. im guessing it is ELC.

and this ugly-cute baby Diplodocus which you also have is by ELC

(they came together with my confirmed ELC figures)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blackdanter

Quote from: Roselaar on June 30, 2013, 02:07:52 PM
Just found this AAA Mammoth and an unknown Euoplocephalus on a flea market:

The Ankylosaur is by DeAgostini. It's very similar to the ELC one but the colouring gives it away ;O)

sauroid

@Blackdanter: do you have any more info re: DeAgostini figures?

might as well post the rest of the ELC and other figures that i received recently
ELC raptors

ELC Styracosaurus

ELC Dimetrodon and Parasaurolophus

ELC Triceratops

non-ELCs:
another color scheme of the Brachylophosaurus figure whose pic i posted a while ago (i just noticed the pose is the same as the Jasman Iguanodon but smaller and in solid vynil)

old school style chinasaur T. rex

Battat copies chinasaurs
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

FUTABA

Those two Ankylosaurs (don't really think we can justify calling them Euoplocephalus) are very similar indeed. I also have the ELC one. Got that and a few others (Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Styracosaurus and Parasaurolophus) in a zoo gift shop for £1.25 each and I'm actually highly impressed at their quality for such small, cheap figures. The Triceratops looks like a knock off of the Schleich 'baby' Triceratops but I think ELC actually did a better job with it. The little Schleich one is ugly and too expensive. It has a weird elongated face that looks all warped.
(Link to the Schleich one)
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mcD4zZ_tjwuUYZht5WjA7Fw.jpg

Also just got to say the ELC Para makes a great baby for the Battat Para. ^-^
I really really like blue things.

sauroid

Quote from: FUTABA on June 30, 2013, 04:32:16 PM
Those two Ankylosaurs (don't really think we can justify calling them Euoplocephalus) are very similar indeed. I also have the ELC one. Got that and a few others (Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Styracosaurus and Parasaurolophus) in a zoo gift shop for £1.25 each and I'm actually highly impressed at their quality for such small, cheap figures. The Triceratops looks like a knock off of the Schleich 'baby' Triceratops but I think ELC actually did a better job with it. The little Schleich one is ugly and too expensive. It has a weird elongated face that looks all warped.
totally agree with you. the raptor tho not accurate is even much better looking than the Mojo Fun Velociraptors. the ELC models look decent and well made for budget-priced figures.

FUTABA

True. There's nothing fun about the Mojo Velociraptors. *yuck*

Those ELC ones remind me of a little AAA Utahraptor I have.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: FUTABA on June 30, 2013, 04:32:16 PM

Also just got to say the ELC Para makes a great baby for the Battat Para. ^-^
Oh, but did you know that AAA (ELC) made a series of baby dinos anyway? Using Battat colouration, even. Although some of them are incorrect (for example, they used the Maiasaura's colours for a the baby sauropod, Styraco's colours for baby trike...)

See here

They also pinched the colour scheme from the Battat Ceratosaurus and used it on their own Ceratosaurus.

FUTABA

Yeah, I had an idea the colour scheme might have been inspired by Battat's Parasaurolophus. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Utahraptor's colours were taken from WWD (as everyone does with Liopleurodon all the time now).

(Although now I'm wondering which came out first........)

One thing that annoys me about the 'baby Parasaurolophus' is that it's blatantly a Saurolophus.

sauroid

that baby trike looks so similar to the one Safari made in the 90s.
http://www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com/images/Babycare-SafTTops.jpg

FUTABA

tyrantqueen

I think it looks a bit like CollectA's baby trike...

It's hard to find good baby dinos...most of them are deformed and cartoonish.

sauroid

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 30, 2013, 05:01:47 PM

It's hard to find good baby dinos...most of them are deformed and cartoonish.

Too true. The Safari baby Para reminds me of Mark Hamill.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mM5cOxrQ2mHlY-VUq9ed_Pw.jpg

The CollectA one is pretty good though I think.

tyrantqueen

Speaking of baby dinosaurs, Tamiya included some in their plastic model kit lines. They weren't too bad.

The only baby I own currently is the Papo tyrannosaurus tyke ;)

sauroid

FUTABA

It is pretty awful. Looks like a kid's papier mache school project.

docronnie

I think I have finally completed the Hayakawa Candy Dinosaur/Pre-historic Toys.  I got this lot:

The ones I'm missing are the following:

Hayakawa Toys Kronosaurus (?)

Hayakawa Toys Pteranodon

Hayakawa Toys Tyrannosaurus variant

I also got the following:

Takara Magnetic Movement Mini Dinosaur Figures Tyrannosaurus - 2006

Invicta Tyrannosaurus - 1977

Happinet Sauropelta

Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection Utahraptor

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

FUTABA

That Pliosaur's a little cutie.

sauroid

Quote from: FUTABA on June 30, 2013, 05:20:13 PM
It is pretty awful. Looks like a kid's papier mache school project.
hehe. i remember i bought all the CollectA baby dinos at the same time but left the T. rex one out, and the store clerk said i could have it for free. i politely declined. ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: