News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: Horridus on April 15, 2012, 12:20:08 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 13, 2012, 06:50:53 AM
For everyone who's asking, the Crystal Palace Iguanodon is made by Favorite, it's part of their Oldies range. I do plan on reviewing these guys in the future  8)
Here's an example of their 1950's Iguanodon
Ah, 1950s Neave Parker/Burian-style Iguanodon, I am all too familiar with you...for decades this basically WAS Iguanodon in art. Tripod pose, permanently flexed elbows and always, always a huge wattle. There's a life-size model along the same lines in various places...

Well at least you should be happy that they got the huge wattle right!

Horridus

Quote from: stoneage on April 15, 2012, 05:11:50 PM
Well at least you should be happy that they got the huge wattle right!
If you're referring to the Favorite then yeah, it's spot-on! I would actually quite like one. It'd be like owning a miniature version of the life-size fibreglass one.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

postsaurischian

Simon

Ummmm .. Care to tell us who makes that Therizinosaurus and what the scale is?   ???

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh my, that is one nice Theri! He looks a little familiar, although it looks like he has a custom paint job -- and a very nice one at that! Yes, do enlighten us with his info please!  ;D

CityRaptor

That is the Palaeomaster one, isn't it? Scale 1:50...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 16, 2012, 11:06:25 AM
That is the Palaeomaster one, isn't it? Scale 1:50...

Yup, it is - cookie for you :).
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Bausaetze-Zubehoer/von-Paleomaster/Therizinosaurus-Dinosaurier-Bausatz.html
This picture is by Martin Garratt. I will take more pics when I got it

tyrantqueen

I got the Tamiya Chasmosaurus. I really like the Tamiya Para, probably will get that guy at a later date.

BTW, postsaurischian, nice Theri. Unfeathered Theris are hard to find these days (I'll probably get killed for saying that  :P)

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 16, 2012, 03:57:01 PM

*SNIP*

BTW, postsaurischian, nice Theri. Unfeathered Theris are hard to find these days (I'll probably get killed for saying that  :P)

Umm .. well, have YOU ever tried plucking a 5-tonne chicken?

;D ;D ;D

Meso-Cenozoic

^^ LOL!!!

Thanks for the info, guys! He really is a nice figure. So, are you getting this already painted one?

And TyrantQueen, can't wait to see your build-up of the Tamiya Chasmo! I've always thought he's one of the nicest Chasmos out there. Congrats!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on April 16, 2012, 07:57:55 PM
Thanks for the info, guys! He really is a nice figure. So, are you getting this already painted one?

No, mine is done by Martin Garratt ;).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on April 16, 2012, 07:57:55 PM
^^ LOL!!!

And TyrantQueen, can't wait to see your build-up of the Tamiya Chasmo! I've always thought he's one of the nicest Chasmos out there. Congrats!
Thanks, I think it'll go rather well with the CollectA Utahceratops  :)

Shame there isn't any sculpting on the inside of the mouth though :P

sauroid

new ones
Fame Master Kentrosaurus and Carnotaurus (the arms  ::))

Fame Master Spinosaurus and Velociraptor

SEGA Dinosaur King Shantungosaurus

SEGA Dinosaur King Pawpawsaurus (in fuchsia  :-[ ^-^ ;))

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Krissy

I just got CollectA Torosaurus. A bit smaller than I was hoping for but still, I'm happy to get any Ceratopsian outside of Triceratops once in a while.

Horridus

Quote from: Krissy on April 17, 2012, 01:32:13 PM
A bit smaller than I was hoping for but still, I'm happy to get any Ceratopsian outside of Triceratops once in a while.
"OR IS IT...?" /JackHorner
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Krissy

*sigh* Maybe I'm being unfair on Horner here, but it seems to me like the guy's just obsessed with publicity these days. Seems like every since Jurasic Park came out he's done everything he can to make headlines. He knows how to play the media like a fiddle - he knows that if he simply suggests T.rex was an obligate scavenger, he'll be presented as the lone wolf of paleontology. And he knows if he claims Torosaurus and Triceratops are  one and the same, it'll be reported as 'TRICERATOPS DIDN'T EXIST AFTER ALL' despite it being the senior name. Anyway, went off topic there, sorry.

CityRaptor

Funny thing is that that the Triceratops-Stegosaurus Hybrid in DNA Fusion is actually named Toro.
And yeah, the media always gets it wrong...
Anyways, I need to get more Ceratopsians that are not Triceratops or Styracosaurus anyways...

Quote from: sauroid on April 17, 2012, 11:16:36 AM
new ones
Fame Master Spinosaurus and Velociraptor

Are those repaints? Because the Spino and Raptor I have are different colors.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

yes they are. ive seen them in different colors. (even the kentrosaurus is available in green.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Krissy

Just got:

Papo Running T.rex
Wild Safari Ceratosaurus
Carnegie Cryolophosaurus

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

here is my newest acquisition

a bullyland mammoth
but from CORK

a very big present from a dear friend from Danmark

Thanks Susanne

The Return Of The Mammoth's

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: