You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Congratulations Ikkesauro!!  ;D

[I won't even ask what it cost you  :-\  ]

But I know its worth it - is your Battat collection complete?  Do you have all the minis?

Megalosaurus

Hi.
Got those from Dejankins:

Sorry, i took the pics with my cell phone and it is not good focusing.

My new MiniPachy and second Styracosaurus (for a repaint). I don't like the way collecta painted the head of the pachy, it looks like its wearing a helmet.

Replicasaurus Quetzalcoatlus looks much better in person. Its a beautiful winged reptile even if it doesn't represent the current view of Quetzalcoatlus.

Bullyland Parathypothorax. A beautiful unusual figure. 

Bullyland Stegosaurus. Its my favorite of the group. Really beautiful figure, even if the colours are to flashy. The same could be said of the Bullyland yellow-neon orange iguanodon.

Bullyland Ankylosaurus. Sadly with paint wear.

The star of the group: The rare Procynosuchus.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Gwangi

Nice haul Megalosaurus, glad to see I'm not the only one with love for Bullyland.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Nice models, megalosaurus.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

verinnius

Very nice Megalosaurus.  I agree about the stegosaurus, great looking figure!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on October 16, 2013, 06:07:51 PM
Nice haul Megalosaurus, glad to see I'm not the only one with love for Bullyland.
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 16, 2013, 06:12:11 PM
Nice models, megalosaurus.

Thanks. Some bullyland figures are unique, others are very detailed. I hope they continue improving.

Quote from: verinnius on October 16, 2013, 06:22:43 PM
Very nice Megalosaurus.  I agree about the stegosaurus, great looking figure!

Indeed.
It was used in "Dancing with the Death" diorama entry. Don't know who is the autor. It is alongside Papo Allosaurus, and both are detailed models.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Those were some of Bullyland's best figures 8)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Simon on October 16, 2013, 04:44:47 PM
Congratulations Ikkesauro!!  ;D

[I won't even ask what it cost you  :-\  ]

But I know its worth it - is your Battat collection complete?  Do you have all the minis?

Actually I don't have any of the minis except the rex. I also don't have the Ouranosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus and a couple of variants.

Patrx

Here's my Krentz Troodon!

Built and painted by Martin Garratt. Very excited to see this dino in person, and get my own photos. Stay tuned!

FUTABA

Quote from: Patrx on October 16, 2013, 10:40:20 PM

Built and painted by Martin Garratt. Very excited to see this dino in person, and get my own photos. Stay tuned!

And I thought the other one was damn perfect. Now I'm in love.
I really really like blue things.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Patrx

Quote from: FUTABA on October 16, 2013, 11:31:27 PM

And I thought the other one was damn perfect. Now I'm in love.

I thought you might like it, Futaba  ;D Blue is my favorite color as well.

amargasaurus cazaui

Gorgeous model Patrx, bet your psyched about it !!! Martin really brought out the colors for that one....congratulations
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Patrx

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 17, 2013, 03:47:40 AM
Gorgeous model Patrx, bet your psyched about it !!! Martin really brought out the colors for that one....congratulations

I certainly am! It'll be the first resin kit model in my collection. It took me ages to settle on a color scheme - I was collecting photos of birds for weeks. The main color comes from the Asian fairy bluebird, Irena puella:

I was particularly drawn to the spots on the wings. As for the face, I really like the postorbital stripes and delineations seen on many birds,  like the blue pitta, Pitta cyaneus:

I showed photos of both birds to Martin, and he did a spectacular job of blending the patterns and colors. Initially, the eyes were done in an orange-gold color like those of David Krenz's Dinotasia Troodon, but after seeing the buildup Martin did for postsaurischian, I asked to have them redone. In all, I was hoping to illustrate a personable, inquisitive, or even cute animal - not frightening. I feel like the darker eyes do that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a beautiful piece Patrx ! Hopefully mine will turn out as well when I get it done !

sauroid

cool new figures guys

dino tales

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful! Now we're two. We should have a thread with all the colour variants ;D.
I still can't believe how incredibly fast Martin is 8).

FUTABA

Those two would make for a perfect mated couple.

Just going shipping...
I really really like blue things.

amargasaurus cazaui

If I could ask, the Troodon, that Patrx and Post have gotten.....is the base attached to the dinosaur as part of the model or is it a seperate piece? I know Martin can often create bases, but both of the versions shown seem to have that same branch at the one end. Is the model offered on Shapeways or only as a resin kit through Dan? thanks in advance for any information.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 17, 2013, 08:46:42 PM
If I could ask, the Troodon, that Patrx and Post have gotten.....is the base attached to the dinosaur as part of the model or is it a seperate piece? I know Martin can often create bases, but both of the versions shown seem to have that same branch at the one end. Is the model offered on Shapeways or only as a resin kit through Dan? thanks in advance for any information.
curious about the same thing...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: