You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUTABA

I really really like blue things.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 23, 2013, 07:03:07 PM
I just recently got a hideously blue small chinasaur Triceratops-I got it for the one purpose of having it be my first model I'll try to repaint. Any color suggestions for a Trike? Also, will any acrylic paint work, or only a certain kind?
Yes, acrylics would be fine (just make sure they're decent quality >:D). In fact, most artists use acrylics because they're easy to clean up and safe. You could use oils or enamels, but they tend to smell and you need solvents to clean them, and they're quite expensive.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 23, 2013, 10:10:44 PM
Yes, acrylics would be fine (just make sure they're decent quality >:D). In fact, most artists use acrylics because they're easy to clean up and safe. You could use oils or enamels, but they tend to smell and you need solvents to clean them, and they're quite expensive.
[/quote]
Thanks, TQ.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

One new ammonite: Pravitoceras by Eric Thorson.

And also, the WWD Ophthalmosaurus, with its new baby ;D

I've been on a bit of a marine spree lately >:D

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

verinnius

My recent additions.  Carnegie Stegosaurus and Velociraptor.  I like both of these figures, but I especially like the Stegosaurus.  The plates are detailed, and I like that he looks well fed haha. 

Mauro "Raptor86"

Jetoar

Wonderful Carnegies and WWD figures friends  ^-^!
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

And? Does it really go "BWAARRK!" :)?

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 25, 2013, 08:09:49 PM
And? Does it really go "BWAARRK!" :)?

It does four different sounds...very bird-like!!

FUTABA

Its sounds would make good music samples.

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 24, 2013, 10:45:36 PM
One new ammonite: Pravitoceras by Eric Thorson.

And also, the WWD Ophthalmosaurus, with its new baby ;D

I've been on a bit of a marine spree lately >:D

I know I say it whenever a WWD Oppy appears on this thread, but it's awesome. Nice Ammonite too.

verinnius

Thanks Jetoar! 

Very nice figure Mauro. :)

Ikessauro

Safari Missing Links Neanderthal. Found on eBay for about 12 bucks.  :)) Now I only need the child Neanderthal

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 27, 2013, 10:49:44 AM
My first Shapeways experience just arrived, in the form of this Dicraeosaurus by RareBreed in 1:36 scale :

According to its shapeways page it should be 25,5cm long, but it's closer to 35 !

I shall be painting it, see how it turns out...

This is on my list of figures to get ;D
Great new additions everyone :D

Bokisaurus

Oh yeah, I did have some new additions to share ;D
Kaiyodo ceratopsians set! Really beautiful little gems!

WWD figure set, came in a box
[

Finally! SEGA stego! Now My collection is complete!
[

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Nebuloid

Sweet kaiyodos ! I ordered some over a month ago, still haven't arrived...

Roselaar

Good new acqs, Boki! Are those WWD figures the same as the blind bag figs, or are they different smaller figures?

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

I was surprised when I saw for first time Papo in Toys arus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: